Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Next Manager

TroySwoosh

Next Manager Poll  

265 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Site Supporter
10 hours ago, tshape said:

Hope we get Evatt in. It's got that bit of intrigue about it. A man on the up with no negative history meets us at just the right time. Got a good feeling about it. 

I was definitely in the pub and probably raised a glass when Hill got appointed as that felt right at the time too so I know fuck all. Same as any other fan. FV have felt sound since day one though. I trust them to get this right.

Ill have Evatt if he kicks shit around the dug-out and shouts a lot, oh and points, agressively, this is quite important. So in summary.

• Kicks shit about the dug out
  • Shouts (a lot)
  • Vigorous and aggressive fingering (thats we people call pointing)
  • And smart Jumpers like Pep at Man City
  • If we are to adopt a Barcelona approach he will have to dress smart. Tight clingy clothes and short hair, whilst aggressively fingering and shouting.
  • Thats it.
  • I think we're already promoted
  • HASTA LOS PODEROSOS PIES

10 minutes ago, Ratwhite said:

Ill have Evatt if he kicks shit around the dug-out and shouts a lot, oh and points, agressively, this is quite important. So in summary.

• Shouts (a lot)
  • If we are to adopt a Barcelona approach he will have to dress smart. Tight clingy clothes and short hair, whilst aggressively fingering and shouting.
  • Thats it.

You've been in the sun too long.

3 minutes ago, Blondi said:

Think that's lazy journalism, we'd still have to pay compensation to Doncaster, can't see it happening.

Depends on length of contract etc though don’t forget. So it may be much less. 

I like Darren Moore and whilst I can’t see it happening I wouldn’t turn my nose up at him. 

1 hour ago, DomRepWanderer said:

No way.  Another Chris Powell (and I'm not referring to colour, I just cant think of anyone else to compare management style to).  Not a manager, proved it at WBA where he failed to make the most of that squad they came down with.  Even we won there!  Not a leader, probably a good coach.

25 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

No way.  Another Chris Powell (and I'm not referring to colour, I just cant think of anyone else to compare management style to).  Not a manager, proved it at WBA where he failed to make the most of that squad they came down with.  Even we won there!  Not a leader, probably a good coach.

My father in law is a baggy and speaks very highly of him. Very highly. 

Be about how well he knows the lower leagues. But perhaps that's TP's job now?

I respect that, its just my take on him, like we all have a take on potential managers from other clubs.  From a distance, they had a superb squad when they came down, kept most of it and added Dwight Gayle and Harvey Barnes on loan.  Yet when I saw them on TV (more weeks than not probably), they always looked disorganised.  Like they knew they had the best players in the league, so just go out there and someone will win us the game.  Which happened quite a bit obviously, but whenever they were asked questions in a tight game against better opponents, they didn't come up with answers.  They won 4 of their last 12 games under Moore, and while it looked harsh to sack him while they were 4th, that's like City or Liverpool being 4th, great for everyone else but that squad is top 2 material.  Norwich and Sheff U had worse players and finished well above them.

1 hour ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I respect that, its just my take on him, like we all have a take on potential managers from other clubs.  From a distance, they had a superb squad when they came down, kept most of it and added Dwight Gayle and Harvey Barnes on loan.  Yet when I saw them on TV (more weeks than not probably), they always looked disorganised.  Like they knew they had the best players in the league, so just go out there and someone will win us the game.  Which happened quite a bit obviously, but whenever they were asked questions in a tight game against better opponents, they didn't come up with answers.  They won 4 of their last 12 games under Moore, and while it looked harsh to sack him while they were 4th, that's like City or Liverpool being 4th, great for everyone else but that squad is top 2 material.  Norwich and Sheff U had worse players and finished well above them.

.. and sacking him when in 4th place achieved what? Well, they still finished 4th and we’ll never know if they could’ve had a better finish to the season under Moore & got auto promotion!

1 hour ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I thought I loved football but watching west Brom more often than not is some effort. Respect.

Started watching those docs about Evatt and "Barrowcelona" but had to stop a few mins in, I'm only going to watch them if we got him in. He's very impressive, I dont want the disappointment if we dont pull it off.

The passing and possession stats are totally alien to what we're used to and it may take some time to implement but I'd love a bit of that.

• Site Supporter
52 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Started watching those docs about Evatt and "Barrowcelona" but had to stop a few mins in, I'm only going to watch them if we got him in. He's very impressive, I dont want the disappointment if we dont pull it off.

The passing and possession stats are totally alien to what we're used to and it may take some time to implement but I'd love a bit of that.

I’m sure the powers that be have seen it.

9 hours ago, Ratwhite said:

• Shouts (a lot)
  • Thats it.

Vigourous and aggressive fingerings eh, bet his missus is one happy woman, pmsl!!! 

1 hour ago, tshape said:

I thought I loved football but watching west Brom more often than not is some effort. Respect.

Ha ha!  I just meant they seemed to be on Sky nearly every week in the championship, same as Leeds and Villa.  I probably watched some of most of their games, enough to form an opinion (right or wrong).

1 hour ago, Ros Coe said:

.. and sacking him when in 4th place achieved what? Well, they still finished 4th and we’ll never know if they could’ve had a better finish to the season under Moore & got auto promotion!

The discussion wasnt about if he was succeeded by a better manager (James Shan, never heard of him) but whether he'd done as well as could be expected.  They did win their next 3 after he got sacked but had too much to do to finish top 2, it doesnt mean its the wrong decision.  Just as sacking Pardew to replace him with Moore made no difference as they were still relegated in 2018.

I’d be well happy with Evatt, now that I know more about him.

we need a proper clearout, I know we’ve had them before but I think that dropping down to cat 3 and L2 will see proper building blocks put in place to enable a revival.

he knows the kind of players that we need at this level, so did hill, but from what I’ve seen his attitude will make a massive difference.

im happy with a mid table finish if we can see that we’re moving in the right direction.

1 hour ago, Ruba Mustafa said:

I’d be well happy with Evatt, now that I know more about him.

we need a proper clearout, I know we’ve had them before but I think that dropping down to cat 3 and L2 will see proper building blocks put in place to enable a revival.

he knows the kind of players that we need at this level, so did hill, but from what I’ve seen his attitude will make a massive difference.

im happy with a mid table finish if we can see that we’re moving in the right direction.

That was going well until I read ‘Building Blocks’ then I came over all of a quiver - now where’ve I heard that before?