Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Next Manager

TroySwoosh

Next Manager Poll  

265 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

23 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

There is another BN report about ex managers we have headhunted 

Apparently we paid Burnley an eye watering £4.2 million for Coyle and his backroom team  less whatever we settled as compensation to Megson

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/18542810.headhunted-managers-fared-bolton-wanderers/

Cannot quite believe a hard headed business man like ED sanctioned that amount of money for coyle, it shows that we we had lost a grip on reality, we should of fronted up virtually whatever Sam wanted.

10 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Cannot quite believe a hard headed business man like ED sanctioned that amount of money for coyle, it shows that we we had lost a grip on reality, we should of fronted up virtually whatever Sam wanted.

is it not more thats what it cost in that league at the time. 

• Site Supporter

Why do people just assume that Evatt (or anyone for that matter) will simply turn up and have a squad capable of playing a high possession, high press style of football?

We could get Guardiola in, but if you've got 11 sacks of talentless shite out on the pitch that goes out of the window. Pep has always had the rather useful advantage of selecting the cream of world football.

5 games in, no wins and a few draws, possession around 50% and the ball being lumped up to the forwards and suddenly Evatt realises League 2 is not about style.

We need a manager who can get League 2 players into the shirt. 

I have many doubts. Would definitely prefer Lowe

20 minutes ago, Horwich said:

I’m thinking Evatt will quit and all this will be sorted in court.

Might do 

Radio Cumbria and other local media reporting offer Bolton have made been rejected 

Barrow AFC have today rejected an offer from Bolton Wanderers for manager Ian Evatt. A source close to the club has described the offer as "derisory" and well below the £250,000 release clause the club are believed to be looking for.

Just very wary about doing a deal for a new manager when we have Phoenix on board whose main skill is in doing deals. Can't we get a manager either internally or externally without doing a deal? Which sort of makes Phoenix unnecessary.

Also very wary about landing up with a load of Premier League dross on loan again next season because we have done deals. Much better with our own and free agent transfers. There's plenty about.

2 minutes ago, passmosster said:

Just very wary about doing a deal for a new manager when we have Phoenix on board whose main skill is in doing deals. Can't we get a manager either internally or externally without doing a deal? Which sort of makes Phoenix unnecessary.

Also very wary about landing up with a load of Premier League dross on loan again next season because we have done deals. Much better with our own and free agent transfers. There's plenty about.

What are you even on about. 

13 minutes ago, Spider said:

Why do people just assume that Evatt (or anyone for that matter) will simply turn up and have a squad capable of playing a high possession, high press style of football?

We could get Guardiola in, but if you've got 11 sacks of talentless shite out on the pitch that goes out of the window. Pep has always had the rather useful advantage of selecting the cream of world football.

5 games in, no wins and a few draws, possession around 50% and the ball being lumped up to the forwards and suddenly Evatt realises League 2 is not about style.

We need a manager who can get League 2 players into the shirt. 

I have many doubts. Would definitely prefer Lowe

The conference isn’t about style either but he has done so.

I want someone who will win games this season. Anything else is a bonus. 

Predicting results in his reign is a tad overboard as he hasn’t even been given the job yet.

Again to early to tell if we will have a 11 sacks on the pitch as no business has been done or window been open

Edited by tomski

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, tomski said:

The conference isn’t about style either but he has done so.

I want someone who will win games this season. Anything else is a bonus. 

Predicting results in his reign is a tad overboard as he hasn’t even been given the job yet.

Time was, I'd have posted this

But these are impatient times.

Evatt out

6 minutes ago, bolton va va said:

If Evatt wants to come here, he will do......the rest is just negotiating pissfroth.

It wouldn't be in Barrow's interest to keep a manager who wants out, so all they can do is try to get the best possible deal.

Yep, none of us know if he wants to come. But, if he does, then a deal will be negotiated.

Traf's right, I'm basing this on nothing but 'Derisory' = £75k imo...

Start as we mean to go on, giving it the big fish 😊

I've been calling him Steve Evatt the past few weeks and not one person has corrected me.

I'm just happy we've seen the last of Charlie Onions  - I wasn't happy with him from the get-go, Red swine, although he got a free ride for a while on account we were all just glad we still had a club.

24 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

If the bookmakers odds are right, Evatt will be the manager very soon, 1/10 on.

Fuck knows why the Nobgod of football Sol Campbell is at 8's!

He's probably been bumming Tobias. Anyroad Evatt will be our new gaffer by Sunday at the latest I reckon.

Digging their heels in, showing they won’t be pushed around by the “big boys” Particularly since we’re on a level playing field football wise next season which I get

but ultimately money talks especially with very little revenue on the horizon. 

they’ll come down a touch, we’ll raise our initial offer and everybody is happy