Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Next Manager

TroySwoosh

Next Manager Poll  

265 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

22 minutes ago, Horwich said:

Really? 2 promotions from 2 attempts by Lowe.

You can’t get better than that.

You are right you cannot get better and fans would expect an Instant promotion If Lowe had come on board

I would happily not go up next season and put together a squad that when it is eventually promoted to League one is capable with a few additions of challenging to get into the championship

You could even argue that Lowe achieved promotion twice from the same league with essentially the same team - he was able to take a core of 5 players with him -  players that achieved promotion at Bury and remodel the Plymouth team on that basis - bit of a one off situation given Burys circumstances  

Might be different when that's not an option and you cannot buy in players - and dont forget  this is BWFC we are talking about  

17 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

You are right you cannot get better and fans would expect an Instant promotion If Lowe had come on board

I would happily not go up next season and put together a squad that when it is eventually promoted to League one is capable with a few additions of challenging to get into the championship

You could even argue that Lowe achieved promotion twice from the same league with essentially the same team - he was able to take a core of 5 players with him -  players that achieved promotion at Bury and remodel the Plymouth team on that basis - bit of a one off situation given Burys circumstances  

Might be different when that's not an option and you cannot buy in players - and dont forget  this is BWFC we are talking about  

We need to go up this season if we are to keep  the likes of Politic and Darcy and grow as a team.....Next season the embargo is lifted and with that expectations will grow. I expect us to get promotion two seasons running and be back in the championship in two years time.

We will only get there if FV are bold and get this appointment right and back him for the following season.

The new manager will have a crop of good young players and the pick of players who are willing to drop to lge 2.

8 minutes ago, masi 51 said:

We need to go up this season if we are to keep  the likes of Politic and Darcy and grow as a team.....Next season the embargo is lifted and with that expectations will grow. I expect us to get promotion two seasons running and be back in the championship in two years time.

We will only get there if FV are bold and get this appointment right and back him for the following season.

The new manager will have a crop of good young players and the pick of players who are willing to drop to lge 2.

It is dangerous to expect this even though we all hope it happens.  We have had a losing mentality at the club for so long that we may need a season of stability.  What we need is a manager who can put in place a team with character, playing football and one the fans can believe in again. 

I agree with Benny, if it takes two attempts to get out of league two that would be fine if it sets a more solid foundation. I remember when we lost to Tranmere in the 1991 play off final and thinking we will never get out of the lower leagues. However, two years later and we went up under Rioch fully prepared to progress all the way to the Prem.

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Horwich said:

He would have been my first choice

And mine

Evatt has done well with a non league team.

Lowe has done well in a league we need to get out of straight away.

Evatt is a massive gamble when we least need one.

A disastrous season, and the trapdoor to something unthinkable could await

Edited by Spider

I expect promotion like I did when we went into L1 with PP this season. Difference being i grant that PP had a squad to walk it. But I still expect this is our best chance to regroup and build with all that’s going on. Can’t judge till the squad is put together but I’d be massively disappointed with anything less than promotion 

18 minutes ago, Spider said:

And mine

Evatt has done well with a non league team.

Lowe has done well in a league we need to get out of straight away.

Evatt is a massive gamble when we least need one.

A disastrous season, and the trapdoor to something unthinkable could await

every manager is a gamble. but surely gambling on a manager with a plan already honed at a similar level and who wants to play football is a better gamble then going for the same tired merry go round brigade, promoting Lee or Phillips or someone who used to play for us .so evatt or lowe for me

My issue with this is he basically got Bury promoted, left for Plymouth and won same division with the players he won it with for Bury. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter

Well, that was a fuck up. And apologies to all.

I got a message, immediately posted on here, then got another message 5 minutes later telling me not to say owt.

Anyway, hopefully it'll be announced officially in the next two days, and then I can say that I told you so. 😉

• Site Supporter

That's for fv to decide, not us. They're the ones employing him.

Has lowe even been considered/interviewed?

It's a bit of a crass comment just saying they've gone for the cheaper option, when none of us know the true events.

I would add, that either would be great, but whichever one is appointed, then we should get behind him, and remove any notion of someone on the cheap.

Edited by Tonge moor green jacket

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, Steejay said:

I got a message, immediately posted on here, then got another message 5 minutes later telling me not to say owt.

Anyway, hopefully it'll be announced officially in the next two days, and then I can say that I told you so. 😉

Is it just Barrow standing firm on the 250k?

7 minutes ago, Steejay said:

Some things change. Some things stay the same. 

Typical Wanderers that. 

FV screwed up here. They didn't pursue other managers because they would cost too much, but were misled by Evatt's agent that he would come cheap. Didn't realise that Barrow interpreted his contract differently and now hes gonna cost more than the likes of Lowe, Wellens etc. But they're too far into the process now to climb down.

Just hope £200k turns out to be money well spent!

10 minutes ago, Stevey B said:

FV screwed up here. They didn't pursue other managers because they would cost too much, but were misled by Evatt's agent that he would come cheap. Didn't realise that Barrow interpreted his contract differently and now hes gonna cost more than the likes of Lowe, Wellens etc. But they're too far into the process now to climb down.

So you have inside information or just making shit up?

11 minutes ago, Stevey B said:

We've all heard these & other unsubstantiated rumours. How do know these are facts or are you just choosing those that suit a pop at FV.