Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Next Manager

TroySwoosh

Next Manager Poll  

265 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Some talk that Evatt assistant Atherton might not come, think that would be a major mistake, good management teams come in pairs and one without the other would really concern me.  

Atherton might not want to come as he could probably get the Managers job when Evatt comes to us!

10 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

I would like to think he could easily find another assistant that buys into his ideas.

Who’s to say Atherton ain’t a massive part of Evatts success? He’s a wealth of experience as a player at top level and played under some top managers, I’d not be so keen on Evatt without his assistant.  

Edited by Mounts Kipper

12 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Some talk that Evatt assistant Atherton might not come, think that would be a major mistake, good management teams come in pairs and one without the other would really concern me.  

If he’s that integral i would hope Evatt insists. If he’s ok with him not coming then  it shows how important he is 

some are critical some aren’t. Hill and Flitcroft it was difficult to determine, Lennon, it all went tits up when Mjalby went 

I listened to that Evatt hour-long interview finally. Sounds like an intelligent man. Interesting that he notes that he wants and believes he will be a Premier League manager in the future. I’ve seen a few online saying that they think Lowe would shoot off to the next best job as soon as it calls. I don’t think Evatt is exempt from that same that expectation. 

Imagine we get him and he gets us promoted and then doing well in League 1, it wouldn’t take long for the championship to come calling. 

I know that’s looking way too far into the future, and if he got us promoted and back to a more stable position I’d happily take that if he went off to Derby for example.

i just don’t think he should be singles out for being a more “loyal” choice

8 minutes ago, Mantra said:

I listened to that Evatt hour-long interview finally. Sounds like an intelligent man. Interesting that he notes that he wants and believes he will be a Premier League manager in the future. I’ve seen a few online saying that they think Lowe would shoot off to the next best job as soon as it calls. I don’t think Evatt is exempt from that same that expectation. 

Imagine we get him and he gets us promoted and then doing well in League 1, it wouldn’t take long for the championship to come calling. 

I know that’s looking way too far into the future, and if he got us promoted and back to a more stable position I’d happily take that if he went off to Derby for example.

i just don’t think he should be singles out for being a more “loyal” choice

I agree to an extent but the way we're going as a club, the only way we can go without some billionaire coming in, is that if we have any sort of success in the next 2-5 years then it will also coincide with our best players and managers leaving regularly.

There will be meltdowns and tantrums as we lose our best assets but at least it would mean we're doing something right and watching something half decent in the process for once.

4 hours ago, Stevey B said:

Again, that would result in legal wranglings that are costly and disruptive. Could even end up costing more

legal wranglings that will go to what the contract states and not what some local barovians make up

54 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

We have just had that and it didnt work

52 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

If this atherton rates evatt he would be better sticking on is  coat tails to the top rather than risking staying at barrow  . Or may be bwfc don’t want the assistant and have promised it to Lee . Everyone is guessing 🤪

2 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Whilst I agree to an extent, it also concerns me that when you get a manager you are "lumbered" with them bringing their team with them.  So we were forced to employ Lenni Lawrence, whether or not he was the best no 2 available to us at the time.  Peter Atherton has no history of coaching or of being an assistant manager.  Evatt sounds like he'll make a plan work whoever he works with, he should be advertising the role and seeing who applies, we might be surprised at the standard of coaches that apply.  It doesn't sit well that we just bring his "mate" on a 2 or 3 year contract.

Any compensation figure is a moot point anyway.

Club A need a manager.
A smaller Club B like their manager that much that they publicly announce they won't let him leave for less than £250k

Club A decide they want Club B's manager and make a low offer for him
Club B decline the bid, but their manager decides he'd really like to join Club A

Club B now cannot feasibly keep their manager and reluctantly have to compromise with Club A on the settlement figure.

This happens all the time.

• Members

Deja vu this. It seemed an eternity to be saved by FV. Now this seems to be another marathon. Death by a thousand cuts!

Be glad when we are sorted and the serious work of plotting our immediate return to League One and beyond can start.