Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Next Manager

TroySwoosh

Next Manager Poll  

265 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Site Supporter

In all honesty, even in our position, I’m struggling to even get a semi on over a guy who did well in the 5th tier.

Happy to be proved wrong, but this one isn’t flicking my bean.

15 minutes ago, Spider said:

In all honesty, even in our position, I’m struggling to even get a semi on over a guy who did well in the 5th tier.

Happy to be proved wrong, but this one isn’t flicking my bean.

is that not just because you are a bit empty though. 

It's an interesting appointment - more chance of us plummeting out of the Football League than if we'd gone with an older head, but also a much better chance of something special happening.

On the whole, he fits in with what FV want to do and they feel strongly enough that they've stuck their hands in their pockets to get him. Will do for me.

It's a bit much to expect promotion, but we need to be challenging. 

• Site Supporter
14 hours ago, DomRepWanderer said:

Give over, I know we've no given right to promotion, but I'd say if not next season, then the season after for sure.

I'm thinking of when we appointed BSA. Don't recall that he'd previously managed in the league we were in at the time, though could be wrong. It proved to be rather fruitful in the end.

Of course money was bound to be an issue, but we have to trust fv; the previous appointment was needs must, but they've had time now.

Being so negative is a really sad way of viewing the situation, and I hope Sharron doesn't read it.

16 minutes ago, Horwich said:

I call it “realistic” 

The only way is up from this situation IMO

Well you need a new PR man then because you always come across as glass half empty.

You have already told us we are not going up, we picked the wrong manager and reminding us we were happy with Coyle.

Why not just enjoy the moment and hope that for once a good appointment has been made.