Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Next Manager

TroySwoosh

Next Manager Poll  

265 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Would we have to pay Hill any compo if it's announced today? Leaving it a day might make sense to make sure we don't

He hasn’t been sacked. His contract just hasn’t been renewed.

A bit rare that 

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Would we have to pay Hill any compo if it's announced today? Leaving it a day might make sense to make sure we don't

Fella who told me it's just waiting to be announced guessed that the date might have a bearing on when we get the PSG

Can't see why but its prudent to be cautious

Be interesting to see what happens when he is announced regarding transfers etc. Normally have to wait for them to be back off holidays etc but I reckon most panicking about contracts and not away means we will see some early action 

23 minutes ago, Big E said:

Be interesting to see what happens when he is announced regarding transfers etc. Normally have to wait for them to be back off holidays etc but I reckon most panicking about contracts and not away means we will see some early action 

In the podcast interview he did he mentioned in his first season having to recruit after eceryone else had done theirbrecruitment, so I imagine he'll be keen to crack on.

But I think we'll have to wait until the salary cap has been announced first.

5 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

In the podcast interview he did he mentioned in his first season having to recruit after eceryone else had done theirbrecruitment, so I imagine he'll be keen to crack on.

But I think we'll have to wait until the salary cap has been announced first.

I thought the salary cap / our embargo were one of the same? 

2 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I'm thinking of when we appointed BSA. Don't recall that he'd previously managed in the league we were in at the time, though could be wrong. It proved to be rather fruitful in the end.

Of course money was bound to be an issue, but we have to trust fv; the previous appointment was needs must, but they've had time now.

Being so negative is a really sad way of viewing the situation, and I hope Sharron doesn't read it.

You are correct.  He'd never managed above division 3 level before he came to us.  I recall one of his earlier quotes about looking forward to working with better players.

Good managers are good managers and will adapt and relish working at higher levels, with more resources, greater pressure etc

Just now, Big E said:

I thought the salary cap / our embargo were one of the same? 

The salary cap applies to everyone in the league. The embargo applies only to us.

The salary cap might be good for us because it might bring the rest of the league in line woth what we can spend, but then the embargo might restrict us even further.

10 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

The salary cap applies to everyone in the league. The embargo applies only to us.

The salary cap might be good for us because it might bring the rest of the league in line woth what we can spend, but then the embargo might restrict us even further.

got ya. thanks 

On 28/06/2020 at 21:09, Youri McAnespie said:

I don't care for the name Ian.

Aside from our Ani.

Ian Huntley, Ian Brady, Ian 'H' Watkins, Ian Shipman - it's the go-to given name of animals. He's Steve until we sack him.

As opposed to plain old Ian Watkins; proper salt of the earth, stand up guy that he is? :-)

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Farrelli said:

I get that but some people revel in it.

He started a thread the other day entitled '2020/21'.

His first post 'We are not getting promoted, just so you all know'.

FFS life's too short.

The owners then read my thread and didn’t renew Hill’s contract đŸ™„