Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Next Manager

TroySwoosh

Next Manager Poll  

265 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, rochdale white said:

Equally, some absolutely delusion on their part by some of them, describing it as a “sideways move” and throwing out ill informed shite about FV etc.

Aye like this plumb.

1/4 of a million for a non league manager....must be some sort of record that....
Wonder what all your creditors think?
5000 fans in that stadium watching football in the bottom rung of the EFL....
But if you give free tickets to everyone you owe money too you might just fill it.....
Tough season ahead boys
Now [SwearFilter] off

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, DomRepWanderer said:

Aye like this plumb.

1/4 of a million for a non league manager....must be some sort of record that....
Wonder what all your creditors think?
5000 fans in that stadium watching football in the bottom rung of the EFL....
But if you give free tickets to everyone you owe money too you might just fill it.....
Tough season ahead boys
Now [SwearFilter] off

Other than being about 4,000 fans out, he makes good points.

Some Barrow fans seem quite keen on Hillcroft replacing Evatt.

Is it worth mentioning that Bolton could save £200K or thereabouts if Sol gets taken on? I suspect Southend were hoping we would move for Sol and get them some compo instead of the cost of firing him off.

Edited by Mannyroader

Then there's others with no clue.

Bolton is a club of perennial losers steeped in failure. Youri Djorkaeff wins the World Cup with France but put him in a Bolton shirt and he loses their cup final to Middlesbrough. Their fans look on in envy when their neighbours Blackburn.Wigan.Man City get to cup finals and don't lose.
Evatt isn't great enough to turn long time losers into winners

2 minutes ago, DomRepWanderer said:

Then there's others with no clue.

Bolton is a club of perennial losers steeped in failure. Youri Djorkaeff wins the World Cup with France but put him in a Bolton shirt and he loses their cup final to Middlesbrough. Their fans look on in envy when their neighbours Blackburn.Wigan.Man City get to cup finals and don't lose.
Evatt isn't great enough to turn long time losers into winners

Haha I like that one.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, passmosster said:

Won't be cheap getting rid of the existing staff. Depends what's in their contracts.

Which ones?

And if its the two jokers I think you are on about, its not cheap keeping them

4 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Have we got a new song ready for or new manager, IESWA is a bit lame, but the name Ian Evatt hasn't got many songs you can put it to.

Ian Ev ev at, ian Ev ev at, ian Ev ev at....on repeat. Still fucking lame, this fella needs a nickname quick.

Come on it's easy.... Basement Jaxx 'Where's your Ev-att' when we play Barrow*

*an example not a suggestion

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, DazBob said:

Bolton fans going into BarrowWays to troll them is one of the most embarrassing things I've ever heard of.

How small-time have we now become?

It’s gone on for donkey’s years. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Mr Grey said:

Have we got a new song ready for or new manager, IESWA is a bit lame, but the name Ian Evatt hasn't got many songs you can put it to.

Ian Ev ev at, ian Ev ev at, ian Ev ev at....on repeat. Still fucking lame, this fella needs a nickname quick.

Do "Evatt" in the same way Chas and Dave do "rabbit" at the start of Rabbit

• Members
6 hours ago, Whitestar said:

Phil Brown just passed me on M62, driving like the wind heading towards the 61

Might explain that multi car pile on there today, someone blinded by his tan

I caved and watched the Evatt podcast tonight as it now looks near enough confirmed, sprayed it all over the internet and my WhatsApp so it was time to see it fully myself.

Like majority of people who've seen it I'm hugely impressed, its quite rare you get to listen to a manager talk about how they see the game and their philosophy so it was a great insight. 

It's made me really excited, nervous but excited. If I have one reservation it's that I just know what the reaction will be if we hit a run of bad form or things dont click straight away and he carries on talking in the supremely self confident way he has, people are going to think we've got another Hill.

But I'm not dwelling on that, I'm focusing on the fact we're at our lowest ebb and managed to land one of the most interesting and exciting managers at our level. Cannot wait for next season to start, we get on a roll and there will be some huge days for us.

1 minute ago, Marc505 said:

I caved and watched the Evatt podcast tonight as it now looks near enough confirmed, sprayed it all over the internet and my WhatsApp so it was time to see it fully myself.

Like majority of people who've seen it I'm hugely impressed, its quite rare you get to listen to a manager talk about how they see the game and their philosophy so it was a great insight. 

It's made me really excited, nervous but excited. If I have one reservation it's that I just know what the reaction will be if we hit a run of bad form or things dont click straight away and he carries on talking in the supremely self confident way he has, people are going to think we've got another Hill.

But I'm not dwelling on that, I'm focusing on the fact we're at our lowest ebb and managed to land one of the most interesting and exciting managers at our level. Cannot wait for next season to start, we get on a roll and there will be some huge days for us.

I think this guy needs to be given time, this is a huge gamble, and what we don't need is fans turning on him if we get off to a bad start, I like his philosophy on how he likes the game played, and sometimes it takes quite some time to get a squad together capable of playing his style, as long as we're nowhere near the non league trapdoor I'll be happy for him to mould us into a footballing side over time, and if that comes sooner rather than later it'll be a bonus.