Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Next Manager

TroySwoosh

Next Manager Poll  

265 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think we've got to go into this expecting to buy into it for a minimum of 3 years and taking the inevitable rough with the smooth.

I'm looking on it as brave from FV on one hand and also the only thing they could really have done if they want to progress - they could have played it safe and we could have had some stable seasons in L2 with A N Other manager or we go for someone who might actually start from scratch and build summat.

If it goes tits then at least it goes tits with us having a go at trying summat. 

3 minutes ago, DomRepWanderer said:

I think this guy needs to be given time, this is a huge gamble, and what we don't need is fans turning on him if we get off to a bad start, I like his philosophy on how he likes the game played, and sometimes it takes quite some time to get a squad together capable of playing his style, as long as we're nowhere near the non league trapdoor I'll be happy for him to mould us into a footballing side over time, and if that comes sooner rather than later it'll be a bonus.

Oh I agree, and I hope he is given that time. As always with things like this, the takeover, the days in court etc I take it for granted that everyone else in Bolton lives on here and social media. Was so taken aback when some of the blokes I go to home games with had no idea about what happened in the court appearances or who FV were literally weeks after the event.

Its same with this, they'll not know about the podcast or even know what a podcast is 😆 and if we go 5 without a win, middle of winter and he says "Brand Evatt" in an interview they'll go mental.

11 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

You have a point about that it may not click straight away, Wilder at Sheff Utd lost his first 3 or 4 games, still romped the league, sometimes a managers methods take time to bed in, patience maybe needed. If he gets us anywhere near Wilders Sheffield United, we will be going in the right direction.

He specifically mentioned Sheff United's way of playing as well didnt he. If nothing else hes a connoisseur of the game.

Kept thinking Vela and Clough would thrive in this system...

15 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

He wants busy players, players on the move, players passing and rertaining the ball, if the likes of Emmanuel, Crawford et al want to stay, they have to pull their socks up. 

Total opposite to the way that anti-football twat Parkinson plays the game. It doesn't matter what the calibre of player, they will play the way he wants them to. The key for me is what we do when we don't have the ball, get the fucker back quick, not this negative shit we have been used to, in lets wait for the opposition to score then its our ball back on the centre spot! Roll on Mr Evatt, exciting times ahead, i can feel it.

Its going to end up a Klopp-like cult of football schooling this, you'll end up sounding like a Scouser 😀

25 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

He specifically mentioned Sheff United's way of playing as well didnt he. If nothing else hes a connoisseur of the game.

Kept thinking Vela and Clough would thrive in this system...

I’m mates with two of zachs best mates. Met them in Bali and stayed in touch. One messaged me Sunday asking about evatt. I said to him would Zach fancy it? He said absolutely he would love to come back. Even in league two! Read into that what you will. 

10 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Nah, the footballing school of Evatt, its the future, just like garlic bread was back in the day 😃

Sounds a bit Everton School of Sciencey that! I think the world would fall off its axis if we got into a position where we were lording it over other teams for the style of football we play. I'm all for this.

19 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

I’m mates with two of zachs best mates. Met them in Bali and stayed in touch. One messaged me Sunday asking about evatt. I said to him would Zach fancy it? He said absolutely he would love to come back. Even in league two! Read into that what you will. 

Is he still on Forests books or released now? Wouldn't be surprised if a tape of his greatest hits has been brown enveloped to Evatts new office...

23 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

I spoke to Zach at a Forest Under23 game in February,  he said to me he would love to come back, but that the January rumour was Bollocks. 

Edited by dusan nikolic

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Is he still on Forests books or released now? Wouldn't be surprised if a tape of his greatest hits has been brown enveloped to Evatts new office...

He's certainly an on the floor player. More suited to evatt than standing wide left whilst the ball gets twatted long and high into no man's land.

11 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Still there as per @Leyther_Matt post. Made himself a fortune during that contract fair play to him. 

loan move to us would be superb for all concerned but I can’t see us paying enough of his wages to get him. Maybe a free the year after. 

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, DazBob said:

Bolton fans going into BarrowWays to troll them is one of the most embarrassing things I've ever heard of.

How small-time have we now become?

Whoever is posting on there using the name 'wanderersways' is an utter bellend.

2 hours ago, Marc505 said:

It's made me really excited, nervous but excited. If I have one reservation it's that I just know what the reaction will be if we hit a run of bad form or things dont click straight away and he carries on talking in the supremely self confident way he has, people are going to think we've got another Hill.

This is a concern. Evatt only won 3 of first 10 games. in both his seasons. 5 defeats on the bounce in first season.

4 minutes ago, CJG said:

This is a concern. Evatt only won 3 of first 10 games. in both his seasons. 5 defeats on the bounce in first season.

It took Hill a while to get his first win and folk were very patient with him.  This chap deserves the same

Seems like fans are either over the moon with it or feeling very cautious about getting a young non-league manager in.

I'm firmly in the "over the moon" camp. At the very least we're guaranteed an attempt to play positive football and after all the dour football I've seen in recent years, I'll gladly get on board.

Piss the league, back in the Championship by 2022/23 season :drinks:

I'm certainly not expecting us to piss league 2, it won't be easy, especially with a new manager and probably a whole new team. In fact just as long we're showing progress, I'll be more than patient, just delighted to still have a club to support these days.