Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Next Manager

TroySwoosh

Next Manager Poll  

265 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 hours ago, CJG said:

This is a concern. Evatt only won 3 of first 10 games. in both his seasons. 5 defeats on the bounce in first season.

Dont get me wrong my excitement about the appointment overwhelms any concerns about it going tits up. As others have said weve shown more patience than most fans would in circumstances that make what i used to consider hardship for clubs look like nothing. 

Looking forward to hearing what he has to say and then also about FV plans going forward which will surely not be far behind his announcement.

He puts a lot of us success down to reputation in training ,  players buying into is methods and  getting them fit . It all takes time hopefully he can start relatively quickly with the players we do have and bring the rest in . Can’t see the season starting till September so gives him a little more time 

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Iles doing his usual live blog in the BN, fuck me there are some cock wombles on there asking some shit.

Bloke is a cock anyway, but when we spotted him in full Lonsdale Kit at Picadilly before the MK Dons game, he was in the double cunt category!

Not a fan, then? 😂

1 hour ago, Farnywhite said:

He puts a lot of us success down to reputation in training ,  players buying into is methods and  getting them fit . It all takes time hopefully he can start relatively quickly with the players we do have and bring the rest in . Can’t see the season starting till September so gives him a little more time 

Sounds like we are getting his entire backroom team , apart from Peter Atherton , a physio Callum Walters and an analyst Lewis Duckmanton . 

38 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

Sounds like we are getting his entire backroom team , apart from Peter Atherton , a physio Callum Walters and an analyst Lewis Duckmanton . 

And if you add the training facilities we have compared to what they have been used to at barrow it should only improve the back room staff And suit the style they want to play 

4 minutes ago, Farnywhite said:

And if you add the training facilities we have compared to what they have been used to at barrow it should only improve the back room staff And suit the style they want to play 

Looked at some Barrow highlights on youtube. That pitch was dire looked like new house farm. Also they mix it up and play direct especially defending corners

Just now, Tonge moor green jacket said:

It says "Atherton will be following evatt..."

I said it sounds like we are getting his entire backroom team ... 

it says

However, assistant manager Peter Atherton will be following Evatt to the University of Bolton Stadium and it is expected analyst Lewis Duckmanton and physio Callum Walters, who both came with him from Chesterfield in 2018, will do likewise.

Does that not sound like they are coming ? 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

Does that not sound like they are coming ? 

Yes, but you said they weren't an hour ago.

58 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

• Site Supporter
14 hours ago, Horwich said:

No, his contract was not extended because he was gash.

Yes, I get that but he seemed to spend a lot of days at home with his son. Or, more often, round Bradshaw Cricket Club teaching him to ride his bike. 

However, assistant manager Peter Atherton will be following Evatt to the University of Bolton Stadium and it is expected analyst Lewis Duckmanton and physio Callum Walters, who both came with him from Chesterfield in 2018, will do likewise. Barrow mail 

Just now, Cheese said:

Yes, but you said they weren't an hour ago.

"Apart from" in the sense of Peter Atherton who  was already confirmed 

I should have perhaps said 

Sounds like we are getting his entire backroom team , apart from Peter Atherton , We are also getting a physio Callum Walters and an analyst Lewis Duckmanton . 

1 hour ago, MickyD said:

Yes, I get that but he seemed to spend a lot of days at home with his son. Or, more often, round Bradshaw Cricket Club teaching him to ride his bike. 

When his son fell off his bike did he say he was shit and is years off being able to ride a bike?

Then out of the blue a few days later he was back teaching him how to ride his bike and shouting at you telling him you should be encouraging his son more?