Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Next Manager

TroySwoosh

Next Manager Poll  

265 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Serious and very positive, no stupid grin or cliches. Us Boltonians like a no-nonsense and down to earth approach. A quality our finest managers aka: Armfield, Greaves, Rioch, Todd & Allardyce all had in common.

it’s a yes from me Brian 👍

Heard he engaged with Barrow fans and the wider community and got them back onside and interested in the club once again, that skill set will be vital here, we need everyone onside and singing from same hymn sheet. Think he’s great fit and appointment. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

Excellent first interview. Seems confident in himself and the situation. Also seems grateful to be here.

Even the negatives seem positive to him which you can’t accuse our last few managers off. If he can pull off wins with great football like he did at Barrow I’m very excited for the future.

4 minutes ago, burnden said:

Enjoyed that interview , nice to have some positive news at the club , Get them ST on sale now. 

Does anyone know when we're likely to advertise our ST? Bit tricky I guess with the pandemic.

Edited by Blondi

Picked out the words “expansive and free scoring” in that very good interview. 
Now that would be really great; long time since we’ve enjoyed  that sort of football 👍🏻

46 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

We're gonna be re-educated!

At last!

He said he had the same at barrow at first with the fans if nothing on the team recycle the ball keeping possession 

how long will it be before you here someone at the match shout “ just get it in the fucking box “ 

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, CSW said:

Picked out the words “expansive and free scoring” in that very good interview. 
Now that would be really great; long time since we’ve enjoyed  that sort of football 👍🏻

An entire back row smiling- what a wonderful sight that would be. :)

1 hour ago, Escobarp said:

Not allowed to approach any of barrows contracted players for two years. Very interesting that. Havent seen that before 

Of all the disappointments, worries and punishments we've endured over the last few years, "you cant sign anyone from Barrow" has to be the worst yet, that could be the final nail in our coffin.

First thing I’d be doing is getting rid of David Lee and Jimmy Phillips and any other jobs for the boys at the club.

(Obviously FV, not him)

Start a fresh throughout and build a team from top to bottom and inside out based on his philosophy. 

Just now, gonzo said:

First thing I’d be doing is getting rid of David Lee and Jimmy Phillips and any other jobs for the boys at the club.

(Obviously FV, not him)

Start a fresh throughout and build a team from top to bottom and inside out based on his philosophy. 

Ooh! You sound ruthless Gonzo.