Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Next Manager

TroySwoosh

Next Manager Poll  

265 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

As long as they have Luiz at centre back they wont have a spine.  A good few teams have kept City out when its attack v defence for 90 minutes and there are 9 defenders in or around the box. Completely different game when you're the team with most of the possession like when they play Brighton or Newcastle, and Luiz is caught flat footed against a team quick on the break, or they get caught out passing it around instead of clearing it.  Arsenal have beaten City twice and Liverpool in the last month but are no more likely to beat Watford and Villa this week.

Aye, part of my thinking. If one battle sums up Watford v Arsenal, it's Deeney v Luiz. Thinking about it, he's surely got to play that Kolasinic fella or someone similar. 

• Members
21 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

Luiz is a glorified Zat Knight/ Titus Bramble decent player but always capable of a massive brain fart and royally fucking things up.

If i had designs on challenging for the top four he wouldnt be in my side.

He’s a centre forward playing centre back

I was going to say that yesterday.  Luiz is a midfielder, end of story, as Campo was.  I dont know many centre backs that are both less than average in the air and also lack pace.  Campo and Luiz very similar in that respect.  Both very accurate long and short passers with their right foot and useless with left; both not reliable at shooting but occasionally come up with a worldy.  Both full of drama and arm gestures, always blaming the ref or teammate when they get dispossessed or a pass goes astray.  Even without the hair they'd be similar but that just completes the comparison.  

I never realised Campo had played in and won Champions League and if someone had told me hed got a medal id have assumed as a squad member. Full game though fair do's to him and remarkable really he came here and stayed a few seasons. Great memories 

• 3 months later...

I voted for Nigel Adkins, it still puzzles me that he isn't working and also that he got so few votes.

I'm not claiming I didn't want Evatt when it came to it, like most others not only was I enthused by his publicity and success last season, I was spooked by the mention of Sol Campbell so was desperate for the alternative.

11 minutes ago, desperado said:

There’s some belters on here 😂

As I said I was more than happy with his appointment and when we signed our 2 strikers I was buzzing even more.  Now, like most, I'm less enthusiastic, none of us thought it would be like this.  I would also have been happy at the time with Ricketts, I don't think he'd be in the frame now. Things change.  But when you're shopping in the bargain basement there are only so many proven managers to go round.

On 10/11/2020 at 17:58, Johnnyrotten said:

I voted for Nigel Adkins, it still puzzles me that he isn't working and also that he got so few votes.

I'm not claiming I didn't want Evatt when it came to it, like most others not only was I enthused by his publicity and success last season, I was spooked by the mention of Sol Campbell so was desperate for the alternative.

The thought of that arrogant, ego-maniac cunt Campbell representing my club makes me feel sick. I detest everything about him. 

Happy to Give Evatt the benefit of the doubt, but by god he is set in his ways....Dont really have to say anything on the goalkeeper and how we set up. Recruitment has been a big gamble he or Phoenix got everyone on board by quickly signing Doyle and Sarcevic up early doors. 20 signings followed and i would say Santos,Fonz, Tutte and possibly Jones have been decent, Jury out on Isgrove and Miller but the rest are awful signings.

I will give Evatt until the January transfer window to see if at least he can repair the damage. 

6 hours ago, masi 51 said:

Happy to Give Evatt the benefit of the doubt, but by god he is set in his ways....Dont really have to say anything on the goalkeeper and how we set up. Recruitment has been a big gamble he or Phoenix got everyone on board by quickly signing Doyle and Sarcevic up early doors. 20 signings followed and i would say Santos,Fonz, Tutte and possibly Jones have been decent, Jury out on Isgrove and Miller but the rest are awful signings.

I will give Evatt until the January transfer window to see if at least he can repair the damage. 

Its difficult to pass judgement on Taft and Greenidge yet, we can only assume they are poor based on 2 or 3 games, but Santos and Sarce were given a lot longer to come good.  I've also no problem with Arthur as a back up attacker, I think he's got something to offer.