Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Next Manager

TroySwoosh

Next Manager Poll  

265 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Site Supporter

I’m just trying to keep my excitement in check. Having looked at all the potential candidates in detail over the last few weeks, he seems the stand out candidate.

Although I have felt this in the past with previous appointments like Coyle, Lennon and even KH, so maybe it’s misplaced and I’m too easily pleased! 

But I just love the potential that we are going for the best option, we are going to head into the new season with a passion and togetherness of a fresh start, a phoenix from the flames, a quality manager whose current ambition is to be the BWFC manager, a new squad with a nucleus of tested young academy players and a return to proper football (fuck this premier shite) that will bring us all together after being apart for so long.

I can’t wait. Bolton are back 👏

Edited by desperado

• Moderators

These contracts players are under, it’s unique times, who knows what they mean. New Barrow mon may want to bring his own people in anyway.

Also, Barrow have known, or suspected, they’d be in League Two for a while. Evatt will have targets already identified whereas someone like David Lee wouldn’t have. A massive plus in my book.

Well I’m really excited by this appointment.

It'd have been easier for FV to plum for some out of work journeyman like Bowyer or get Nolan in for the fans, but they’ve show intent by going for this man. 

He obviously fits in what our game plan is, the Brentford style moneyball system and can work with Phoenix. I’m led to believe he’s been involved in the whole interview process.

Having a plan isn’t a gamble. A gamble would be trying the same old shite and hoping it would work. 

Probably our most important mangieral appointment in our entire existence. 

We fuck this up and it’s good night Vienna. 

I confess I didn't know anything about him before but he seems like a very promising coach who can get the most out of what's available. Really pleased they've identified someone on the basis of what they want, not looking to please fans by finding an ex wanderer who fitted the bill,

Ticks a lot of boxes. As someone who didn’t want experience as I believe an experienced guy going for a job at division 4 Bolton probably could be equally tarnished as a failure, I am really pleased Evatt is coming.

The club in my opinion have shown a lot of ambition pursuing this. COYWM 

14 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

If FV have pulled this off, we owe it to them to back them when tickets go on sale etc. Let’s get this club back on the up again. The more of us in, the easier it becomes. 
I know I’m preaching to the converted.

lets ave it

Well said Dave 

No reason why we can’t flog 10k season tickets 

17 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

If FV have pulled this off, we owe it to them to back them when tickets go on sale etc. Let’s get this club back on the up again. The more of us in, the easier it becomes. 

lets ave it

True.  If he's convinced the club he has a long term plan, then we all need to back him and show a great deal of patience.  It may take a season or two of building.  Let's buy the tickets if we can and properly get behind him

22 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

lets ave it

100% mate. 

3 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

I would hope thats a minimum, although im willing to pay full whack, they need to reduce them to £300 lower tier and £350 upper tier. Kids in for a ton a d do a family discount similar to what they already do. But your single Adult tickets need to be a reasonable price.

What we pay last season