Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Next Manager

TroySwoosh

Next Manager Poll  

265 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

What we pay last season 

2018/19 was £350/£446/£481 but obviously Championship 

2019/20 was £216/£278/£299 for 17 games

Similar price-per-game to 2019/20 would be £292 NSL/NSU, £376 WSL/ESL and £404 WSU/ESU based on 23 games. Obviously open to debate whether the club will wait and see how many games can be included before pricing them up as was the case post-takeover. 

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, tomski said:

I know it’s popular to knock our supporters but our numbers have been nothing short of superb this last 10 years of shite

To be honest, I thought last seasons shite galvanised a lot of us. A bit of success and people will be back in numbers.

Something about us, we revel in being shit

Been that many a false dawn over the past 10-15 years I’ve lost count. Whether it’s blind optimism I feel I don’t know but with FV showing their intent. A new way of looking at recruitment and a young, enthusiastic manager who seems to be getting plaudits from everywhere for the work he’s done so far I hope this is finally the point where we start to turn this shit around 

all previous appointments seem to have been a botch job of getting the roof back on when everything beneath it was collapsing and sinking. We’re building from the foundations again. 

the lack of football in the last few months and (another) new wave of optimism should hold our attendances quite steady. Read a headline the other week “Bayern to Barrow in 13 years” quite fucking sobering really. Said to my lad whose 16, I’m amazed he and his mates are still ST holders with what they’ve seen so far. Utterly horrific. 

nows the time for patience, support and peace of mind knowing we appear to have Owners our fantastic football club deserves. If we also have a gaffer who meets those standards too it’s onwards and upwards 

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

Been that many a false dawn over the past 10-15 years I’ve lost count. Whether it’s blind optimism I feel I don’t know but with FV showing their intent. A new way of looking at recruitment and a young, enthusiastic manager who seems to be getting plaudits from everywhere for the work he’s done so far I hope this is finally the point where we start to turn this shit around 

all previous appointments seem to have been a botch job of getting the roof back on when everything beneath it was collapsing and sinking. We’re building from the foundations again. 

the lack of football in the last few months and (another) new wave of optimism should hold our attendances quite steady. Read a headline the other week “Bayern to Barrow in 13 years” quite fucking sobering really. Said to my lad whose 16, I’m amazed he and his mates are still ST holders with what they’ve seen so far. Utterly horrific. 

nows the time for patience, support and peace of mind knowing we appear to have Owners our fantastic football club deserves. If we also have a gaffer who meets those standards too it’s onwards and upwards 

Bravo.

didnt feel like it at the time but looking back, previous ‘quality’ appointments (Lennon, Parky etc) seemed like a great fit at the time but were probably trying to chuck water out of a sinking ship with a bucket with a hole in it.

Im sure we’ll have bumps in the road but I like the fact FV have taken their time over potting Hill and hopefully getting the man they want.

If Evatt really is as good as he comes across, we could be good for each other. Let’s face it, FV knew they were buying a L1 club with every chance of hitting L2. They don’t want to linger in L2. We won’t do either. 2 years max. I can settle for consolidating in L1 for a bit then

1 hour ago, Mr Grey said:

I would hope thats a minimum, although im willing to pay full whack, they need to reduce them to £300 lower tier and £350 upper tier. Kids in for a ton a d do a family discount similar to what they already do. But your single Adult tickets need to be a reasonable price.

And over 70s should be £100 because of Covid.  If I was over 70 I'd be in 2 minds about going but 

• Site Supporter

Given the need to rely on some still very young players next year, and given the obvious schooling they have been given in junior teams, then it seems highly sensible to appoint a manager who apparently looks to play in a similar style. 

Throw in some enthusiasm of a young coach/manager with much football league experience, then evatt does seem to tick all the boxes.

After what we've had in recent years, a few promising performances and wins in pre season would be great!

• Site Supporter
41 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

Good post

Although the buy in for that generation (my eldest is 15) is arguably better than it was for mine (born 73).

Yes the decline through the last decade has been drastic, the club has been horrifically run and memories of the golden era are vague. But they’ve had the 2 seasons of last day glory going on the pitch, consistent home crowds above 13,000, a proud commitment of following your home town club in a world class stadium and a fantastic away following.

In the early/mid 80s at primary school it was hard admitting you were a Bolton fan. The best it got was a victory at home against Kevin Keegans Newcastle. It was grim.

But I’m convinced the harder you have it, the better it is when the tide turns. This generation are the same as us (born in the 70s) They are IN now, they are BWFC and there’s no turning back.

The excitement for this generation is that it just might replicate the 90s revival that we experienced. And I don’t care what any other fan in the world says it wouldn’t surpass being a Bolton fan. 

COYFWM

• Site Supporter
26 minutes ago, desperado said:

Good post

Although the buy in for that generation (my eldest is 15) is arguably better than it was for mine (born 73).

Yes the decline through the last decade has been drastic, the club has been horrifically run and memories of the golden era are vague. But they’ve had the 2 seasons of last day glory going on the pitch, consistent home crowds above 13,000, a proud commitment of following your home town club in a world class stadium and a fantastic away following.

In the early/mid 80s at primary school it was hard admitting you were a Bolton fan. The best it got was a victory at home against Kevin Keegans Newcastle. It was grim.

But I’m convinced the harder you have it, the better it is when the tide turns. This generation are the same as us (born in the 70s) They are IN now, they are BWFC and there’s no turning back.

The excitement for this generation is that it just might replicate the 90s revival that we experienced. And I don’t care what any other fan in the world says it wouldn’t surpass being a Bolton fan. 

COYFWM

I dare say I know your face, probably even spoken to you a few times as we are similar age and been going for ever. 

In Bulgaria, I saw so many lads who had done the 4th division and 3rd division days it was untrue. That trip was for us. Your sprogs will have their Amfield, Highbury etc. It will be sweet when it happens too

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

I would, unfortunately not everybody can.

Loyalty isn't about money, it helps and some will always find the cash no matter what, but fans circumstances change, babies, losing their job, hardship, bailing a loved one out, University fees etc...

As I've said previously, I reckon as Wways, we should crowdfund and sponsor a player or 2 depending on how much gets tipped up. It's another way of funding the club a little bit

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Exactly, and its a possibility, why not, sponsorship? 

Involve the fans, not the Supporters UnTrust shit, good intentions and all that, but i mean proper fans. Us lot, sounds all tribal, but it could work.

Not even being tribal, just showing the club a group of fans care. Only like the odd company putting in, I think the ST put in too with everyone's tenners when they first set up.

Nothing political though, no oneupmanship - just Wanderersways putting a few quid in

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Biggish Dave said:

As I've said previously, I reckon as Wways, we should crowdfund and sponsor a player or 2 depending on how much gets tipped up. It's another way of funding the club a little bit

WWays have 1, 2 maybe 3 ways into the club

Let's sort the manager and then we can find out how we can help

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Mr Grey said:

I am sure a system can be arranged, EPL clubs require no money, its all TV revunue for the majority of clubs, but clubs like ours need some sort of loyalty scheme, those that have been through the mire and watched this shit for 10 years, but i am willing to pay full whack, cos i fucking love my club and i can afford it.

For example, those fans who have contributed to ST's in the shit years, get rewarded if and when we return to the higher levels, champ/Prem. 

So those 10k fans on average, deserve to have a discount if we ever hit the big time again.

Its like when we dropped from the EPL, then L1, fuck me, the glorty hunters soon fucked off, 20k to 10k in 7/8 years. That means 10k hardcore, fuck those cunts who have abandoned us and are now calling for David fucking Lee to manage to us, fuck those who wanted to see Beckham, Gerrard and all the other prima dona cunts, they didnt come to watch BWFC, they came to watch Sky TV in all its fucking glory, Premier League football, when that went, the cunts abounded ship! 

Sorry Tomski lad, rant over, but I'm sure you know where i am coming from.

When we have had refreshments we speak from the heart

And you've nailed it

12 hours ago, Marc505 said:

I'm still not pressing play on these yet, but its close.

You need to listen to these podcasts, this guy seems like the real deal and when you have listened to these, I bet that you have a little tingle of excitement!

• Site Supporter

I sponsor players by buying 2 season tickets and spending a fortune in the club shop every season , as well as an estimated £500 a year on the kiosks.

An extra tenner from me isn’t going to get Messi into the shirt

44 minutes ago, white noise said:

You need to listen to these podcasts, this guy seems like the real deal and when you have listened to these, I bet that you have a little tingle of excitement!

When its confirmed I will! 👍