Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion
Sign in to follow this  
TroySwoosh

Next Manager

Next Manager Poll  

257 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Snap

Great minds n all that 😁

‘We’?

Don’t include me in with these dicks. 😁

2 hours ago, Marc505 said:

It's made me really excited, nervous but excited. If I have one reservation it's that I just know what the reaction will be if we hit a run of bad form or things dont click straight away and he carries on talking in the supremely self confident way he has, people are going to think we've got another Hill.

This is a concern. Evatt only won 3 of first 10 games. in both his seasons. 5 defeats on the bounce in first season.

4 minutes ago, CJG said:

This is a concern. Evatt only won 3 of first 10 games. in both his seasons. 5 defeats on the bounce in first season.

It took Hill a while to get his first win and folk were very patient with him.  This chap deserves the same

Seems like fans are either over the moon with it or feeling very cautious about getting a young non-league manager in.

I'm firmly in the "over the moon" camp. At the very least we're guaranteed an attempt to play positive football and after all the dour football I've seen in recent years, I'll gladly get on board.

Piss the league, back in the Championship by 2022/23 season :drinks:

I'm certainly not expecting us to piss league 2, it won't be easy, especially with a new manager and probably a whole new team. In fact just as long we're showing progress, I'll be more than patient, just delighted to still have a club to support these days.

Looking forward to next season now with a lot of optimism. Genuinely excited by this appointment and happy with how we’ve gone about it, quietly & professionally. 

Really think with a fresh slate this is superb fit for him and us. 

8 hours ago, CJG said:

Dont get me wrong my excitement about the appointment overwhelms any concerns about it going tits up. As others have said weve shown more patience than most fans would in circumstances that make what i used to consider hardship for clubs look like nothing. 

Looking forward to hearing what he has to say and then also about FV plans going forward which will surely not be far behind his announcement.

He puts a lot of us success down to reputation in training ,  players buying into is methods and  getting them fit . It all takes time hopefully he can start relatively quickly with the players we do have and bring the rest in . Can’t see the season starting till September so gives him a little more time 

Iles doing his usual live blog in the BN, fuck me there are some cock wombles on there asking some shit.

Bloke is a cock anyway, but when we spotted him in full Lonsdale Kit at Picadilly before the MK Dons game, he was in the double cunt category!

8 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Iles doing his usual live blog in the BN, fuck me there are some cock wombles on there asking some shit.

Bloke is a cock anyway, but when we spotted him in full Lonsdale Kit at Picadilly before the MK Dons game, he was in the double cunt category!

Not a fan, then? 😂

1 hour ago, Farnywhite said:

He puts a lot of us success down to reputation in training ,  players buying into is methods and  getting them fit . It all takes time hopefully he can start relatively quickly with the players we do have and bring the rest in . Can’t see the season starting till September so gives him a little more time 

Sounds like we are getting his entire backroom team , apart from Peter Atherton , a physio Callum Walters and an analyst Lewis Duckmanton . 

59 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Possible news on season start & season tickets not far off 

Discounts for existing season ticket holders?

Just now, mickbrown said:

Discounts for existing season ticket holders?

Lower tier only Mick 👍

38 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

Sounds like we are getting his entire backroom team , apart from Peter Atherton , a physio Callum Walters and an analyst Lewis Duckmanton . 

And if you add the training facilities we have compared to what they have been used to at barrow it should only improve the back room staff And suit the style they want to play 

45 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

The package was described yesterday as including Atherton.

1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

The package was described yesterday as including Atherton.

Barrow mail saying they think it’s the whole lot 

4 minutes ago, Farnywhite said:

And if you add the training facilities we have compared to what they have been used to at barrow it should only improve the back room staff And suit the style they want to play 

Looked at some Barrow highlights on youtube. That pitch was dire looked like new house farm. Also they mix it up and play direct especially defending corners

11 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Lower tier only Mick 👍

Triggered 😀

Just now, Tonge moor green jacket said:

It says "Atherton will be following evatt..."

I said it sounds like we are getting his entire backroom team ... 

it says

However, assistant manager Peter Atherton will be following Evatt to the University of Bolton Stadium and it is expected analyst Lewis Duckmanton and physio Callum Walters, who both came with him from Chesterfield in 2018, will do likewise.

Does that not sound like they are coming ? 

4 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

It says "Atherton will be following evatt..."

Correct says they’re all coming.