Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

English ground furthest from a house?

SatanGreavsie

• Members
35 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Aren’t they just 

Went to boro one year and went in some boozer two women beating shit out each other and the barman says “alright lads don’t worry about them happens all the time what can I get you” 😀

Boro It’s fuckin miles away from civilisation, and the civilisation is unsavoury. 
It’s always freezing. 
At least Sunderland serve two pint pots. 

Hull is a weird one, only been once and Jussi had the game of his life 

51 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Boro It’s fuckin miles away from civilisation, and the civilisation is unsavoury. 
It’s always freezing. 

Yes, we got mullered and won one nil - great fish and chips on the way back to the station as well!

1 hour ago, Rudy said:

It’s always freezing. 

That’s the only one I’ve missed at Hull. My aggregate score there is horrendous. Other than that I quite like Hull the place.

• Members
31 minutes ago, tomski said:

That’s the only one I’ve missed at Hull. My aggregate score there is horrendous. Other than that I quite like Hull the place.

It was a shocking game we got absolutely battered for 90 mins I’d love to know how many shots Jussi saved 

1 hour ago, dusan nikolic said:

I seem to Remember Doncaster Rovers being all Industrial estates.

Predominantly it is yes but i think another two in Yorkshire  have a better claim - Rotherham which has a River running down one edge which makes it one way in and out and similarly  Huddersfield - they are both predominantly Industrial , retail park and on the edge of their town centres 

Still think Brighton myself - if you discount the University around it,  apart from a handful of isolated farms and the like there is literally nothing there 

Hull's ground isnt that far from civilisation at least on one side anyway.

Some decent boozers although more than its fair share of loons.

Worked there for a while , only met a couple of proper Hull fans the rest were either cardboard cutout utd/ Liverpool/Man city 'fans'.

Bit like Bolton really 😆

11 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Just had a look on google and it seems like uni buildings in the area 

Falmer station has been there for over 100 years, well before the uni or the football ground, so i'm guessing there must be a town/village called Falmer nearby. ( i must admit i haven't seen it )

1 hour ago, tomski said:

Two proper hammerings recently. Went to both, no rush to go back.

2 minutes ago, bolton va va said:

Falmer station has been there for over 100 years, well before the uni or the football ground, so i'm guessing there must be a town/village called Falmer nearby. ( i must admit i haven't seen it )

Just looks all industrial and uni off map

but like you say must be somewhere 

• Members
11 minutes ago, Ghana White said:

Reading was in the middle of nowhere, yeovils ground seemed to be miles from anywhere but just checked and some houses nearby.. Middlesbrough is a shit hole but depressing as it is for me to say it's a better night out then Bolton 

Not saying much. I reckon it would be better having a few sherberts down The Sword and Camel in Damascus