Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion
Sign in to follow this  
SatanGreavsie

English ground furthest from a house?

Recommended Posts

Middlesbrough is in the middle of Chernobyl so you ain’t beating that 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Brighton?

just seen this already suggested. 

Edited by Escobarp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Middlesborough & hull are shocking places 

Shitholes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Shitholes

Aren’t they just 

Went to boro one year and went in some boozer two women beating shit out each other and the barman says “alright lads don’t worry about them happens all the time what can I get you” 😀

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Aren’t they just 

Went to boro one year and went in some boozer two women beating shit out each other and the barman says “alright lads don’t worry about them happens all the time what can I get you” 😀

 

Boro It’s fuckin miles away from civilisation, and the civilisation is unsavoury. 
It’s always freezing. 
At least Sunderland serve two pint pots. 
 

Hull is a weird one, only been once and Jussi had the game of his life 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Boro It’s fuckin miles away from civilisation, and the civilisation is unsavoury. 
It’s always freezing. 
At least Sunderland serve two pint pots. 
 

Hull is a weird one, only been once and Jussi had the game of his life 

Yes, we got mullered and won one nil - great fish and chips on the way back to the station as well!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, marple whites said:

Yes, we got mullered and won one nil - great fish and chips on the way back to the station as well!

Matt Taylor score?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rudy said:

Boro It’s fuckin miles away from civilisation, and the civilisation is unsavoury. 
It’s always freezing. 
At least Sunderland serve two pint pots. 
 

Hull is a weird one, only been once and Jussi had the game of his life 

That’s the only one I’ve missed at Hull. My aggregate score there is horrendous. Other than that I quite like Hull the place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rudy said:

Shitholes

Hull has a lovely Train station, if you are Roy Cropper or a spotter, its bob on 👌

Been to worse places.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Hull has a lovely Train station, if you are Roy Cropper or a spotter, its bob on 👌

Been to worse places.

Hull Paragon. nice enough, but modernisations haven't done it many favours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, bolton va va said:

Hull Paragon. nice enough, but modernisations haven't done it many favours.

Bit like MCR Victoria, but we dont wanna sound like a couple of Croppers, so lets get back to the question in hand.

MK and Northampton both good shouts, MK proper weird place, Northampton decent market town, but that stadium in a grass mound is more way out of town than ours.

Edited by Mr Grey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, tomski said:

That’s the only one I’ve missed at Hull. My aggregate score there is horrendous. Other than that I quite like Hull the place.

It was a shocking game we got absolutely battered for 90 mins I’d love to know how many shots Jussi saved 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dusan nikolic said:

I seem to Remember Doncaster Rovers being all Industrial estates.

Predominantly it is yes but i think another two in Yorkshire  have a better claim - Rotherham which has a River running down one edge which makes it one way in and out and similarly  Huddersfield - they are both predominantly Industrial , retail park and on the edge of their town centres 

Still think Brighton myself - if you discount the University around it,  apart from a handful of isolated farms and the like there is literally nothing there 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hull's ground isnt that far from civilisation at least on one side anyway.

Some decent boozers although more than its fair share of loons.

Worked there for a while , only met a couple of proper Hull fans the rest were either cardboard cutout utd/ Liverpool/Man city 'fans'.

Bit like Bolton really 😆

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Brighton? 

Just had a look on google and it seems like uni buildings in the area 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Just had a look on google and it seems like uni buildings in the area 

Falmer station has been there for over 100 years, well before the uni or the football ground, so i'm guessing there must be a town/village called Falmer nearby. ( i must admit i haven't seen it )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tomski said:

That’s the only one I’ve missed at Hull. My aggregate score there is horrendous. Other than that I quite like Hull the place.

Two proper hammerings recently. Went to both, no rush to go back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bolton va va said:

Falmer station has been there for over 100 years, well before the uni or the football ground, so i'm guessing there must be a town/village called Falmer nearby. ( i must admit i haven't seen it )

Just looks all industrial and uni off map

but like you say must be somewhere 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Traf said:

Two proper hammerings recently. Went to both, no rush to go back.

Aye 0-10 on aggregate 😒

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Aye 0-10 on aggregate 😒

Just had a look been hull 7 times

lost the last 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Just had a look been hull 7 times

lost the last 5

Goals against column must be huge, i e only done 4 and 1 includes that Friday night game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reading was in the middle of nowhere, yeovils ground seemed to be miles from anywhere but just checked and some houses nearby.. Middlesbrough is a shit hole but depressing as it is for me to say it's a better night out then Bolton 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Goals against column must be huge, i e only done 4 and 1 includes that Friday night game.

16 in the 7 games couple of games we only lost 1-0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.