Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Reality check

Mona

Other than stupidly long posts there was nowt wrong with Sluffy. Decent bloke who was probably not right for WWays. You need a thick skin to be on here and he didn’t have it. Better suited to his own forum. He obviously loved our club so fair play to him. Can’t knock him for that

• Members
6 hours ago, miamiwhite said:

Carlos Valderrama here

Saw that interview. Predictably 'mental problems' trotted out by the authorities and media. 

Got me wondering about whether these misguided fools who advocate for asylum seekers ever feel even the slightest twinge for victims of them

Doubt it. Same kind of mentality which dismantled Rhodesia, and to a lesser extent South Africa resulting in massively increased starvation throughout the continent. Hopefully the world will one day wake up to the fact that the do gooders can't be given too much latitude or disaster will follow as certainly as Cheese follows Youri.

They have a place of course but there has to be a balance. Common sense must prevail. The silent majority need to be roused to defeat stupidity.

• Site Supporter
12 hours ago, MancWanderer said:

Other than stupidly long posts there was nowt wrong with Sluffy. Decent bloke who was probably not right for WWays. You need a thick skin to be on here and he didn’t have it. Better suited to his own forum. He obviously loved our club so fair play to him. Can’t knock him for that

I think part of his issues were that he’d post his 500 word diatribes on here and got nothing but derision because they came across as ‘listen to me an look how knowledgable I am!’

For those who actually read his posts a couple of words in piss-taking response barely seemed sufficient and would (probably rightly) piss him off; a lot.

He had no clout at all on here whereas on his own forum he could delete responses or members. 

13 hours ago, gonzo said:

Very good video that. I reckon one of the most important he's done considering how widely known & liked he is amongst the left. 

"Your response to an 8 minute murder video of George Floyd is to get online & demand the cocoa pops monkey is removed" - quality.

Be great to see him live at some point.

5 hours ago, London Wanderer said:

Very good video that. I reckon one of the most important he's done considering how widely known & liked he is amongst the left. 

"Your response to an 8 minute murder video of George Floyd is to get online & demand the cocoa pops monkey is removed" - quality.

His one on Glastonbury and the arts is a good watch. 

5 hours ago, London Wanderer said:

What he highlights is how important matters get trivialised by people being pricks. 

The monkey on coco pops is a perfect example.