Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Pubs next weekend - Yay or Nay?

Burndens Bogs

12 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

Seems I must have been mistaken, the fella who was on that day was a big fecker but he was one dirty scruffy cnut... Reminded me of Onslow. 

😂😂😂

No idea who that could be!

Seriously - if you like it good fun but rough around the edges - you'd enjoy it.

Not everyone's cup of tea but I've never had a bad night in there. It's just far enough away from everywhere else to go under the radar and discourage bellends. 

• Site Supporter
Just now, kent_white said:

😂😂😂

No idea who that could be!

Seriously - if you like it good fun but rough around the edges - you'd enjoy it.

Not everyone's cup of tea but I've never had a bad night in there. It's just far enough away from everywhere else to go under the radar and discourage bellends. 

I don't mind rough around the edges but the place was filthy, like I said though it must be 4 or 5 yrs ago. 

2 minutes ago, kent_white said:

:)

He's a lovely bloke. But if he says it's Tuesday, it's Tuesday! 

Aye, having seen a picture of him now I remember him from my many wasted weekends in Hawthorns. That will also explain why I have seen Nick walking to/from there a few times when passing. 

1 minute ago, boogs said:

Aye, having seen a picture of him now I remember him from my many wasted weekends in Hawthorns. That will also explain why I have seen Nick walking to/from there a few times when passing. 

Him and Gilly were going to chuck you up those steps if you stepped out if line in the thorns! :)

31 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Him and Gilly were going to chuck you up those steps if you stepped out if line in the thorns! :)

Haha, nearest I got to that was when I sparked up a spliff in there once, fuck knows how I thought I'd get away with it in a place as small as that. Always got on with Nick though and he knew I was no scrapper or owt, he just gripped me half grinning shaking his head and told me to come back next week. 

• Moderators
  • Site Supporter
3 hours ago, leigh white said:

Only supped in one pub in Leigh since lockdown was released, will try further afield tomorrow and give Lancaster a go.

Report back please.

Lancaster is a great beer crawl.

The place to go pre Morecambe away.

3 hours ago, Steejay said:

Report back please.

Lancaster is a great beer crawl.

The place to go pre Morecambe away.

Prefere Morecambe to B/Pool anyday,  loads of cheap backstreet pubs, a brilliant view of the Lakeland Hills over the bay, and no fucking fortune tellers saying I would be watching Bolton in the 20/21 season in League 2.

2 minutes ago, leigh white said:

Prefere Morecambe to B/Pool anyday,  loads of cheap backstreet pubs, a brilliant view of the Lakeland Hills over the bay, and no fucking fortune tellers saying I would be watching Bolton in the 20/21 season in League 2.

was there last year on a friday night stop before a week in the lakes , the place felt a bit sad because everything is there for a good time but just not enough people to make it pay

i must have sat in 2 pubs about 9pm and i was the only punter

nice walk on the beach in the morning with the dog

1 minute ago, crawshawbooth said:

was there last year on a friday night stop before a week in the lakes , the place felt a bit sad because everything is there for a good time but just not enough people to make it pay

i must have sat in 2 pubs about 9pm and i was the only punter

nice walk on the beach in the morning with the dog

It is a broken place, I don't think Colin Crompton helped with his joke about saying that they don't bury their dead in Morecambe, they just stand them up in bus shelters to make it look busy.

14 minutes ago, leigh white said:

It is a broken place, I don't think Colin Crompton helped with his joke about saying that they don't bury their dead in Morecambe, they just stand them up in bus shelters to make it look busy.

yep fella just felt sad when i was there last year , bloke had just opened one of these cask ale bars right on the front about 300 yards from Erics statue and there was nobody in but me

no doubt he has gone tits up now and its not his fault

• Site Supporter

I don’t ever remember going to Morecambe. Probably went as a kid but don’t remember it at all.

In terms of going to the boozer, I’ve not had a proper night out yet and won’t be this weekend either but did have a couple of pints on Monday and Wednesday