Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Pubs next weekend - Yay or Nay?

Burndens Bogs

First drop of alcohol tonight for the first time in just short of 9 weeks. Tasted glorious. Whistling Wren in Leigh tried their best in greeting everyone at the door and ensuring everyone sanitised their hands before entering and then explaining the one way system that everyone proceeded to ignore as they queued two deep at the bar. Then went for a meal at Leigh Sports Village (OUTSTANDING food, and a bargain at that) where all the tables are spaced properly, efforts are made to make sure households are placed on adjacent tables that are appropriately socially-distanced. Of course, because they’re doing it properly, so are a lot of those booked in and they’d had a dozen cancellations for tonight alone since last night’s announcement 🙄 

(Round was substantially cheaper than in the Wren as well)

41 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

First drop of alcohol tonight for the first time in just short of 9 weeks. Tasted glorious. Whistling Wren in Leigh tried their best in greeting everyone at the door and ensuring everyone sanitised their hands before entering and then explaining the one way system that everyone proceeded to ignore as they queued two deep at the bar. Then went for a meal at Leigh Sports Village (OUTSTANDING food, and a bargain at that) where all the tables are spaced properly, efforts are made to make sure households are placed on adjacent tables that are appropriately socially-distanced. Of course, because they’re doing it properly, so are a lot of those booked in and they’d had a dozen cancellations for tonight alone since last night’s announcement 🙄 

(Round was substantially cheaper than in the Wren as well)

Where do you get a meal at lsv? I didn't realise they had a restaurant or owt?

5 minutes ago, blackleywhite said:

Where do you get a meal at lsv? I didn't realise they had a restaurant or owt?

They’ve opened up what is normally the hospitality suite upstairs as ‘Pitch Side Brasserie’ while there aren’t any events going on. My steak pie was superb, could tell it was homemade, and Mrs said her sirloin was better than Miller & Carter. £14.95 for two courses, £17.95 for three courses (£3 supplement for the steak). Absolute bargain really. Generally open on Friday/Saturday/Sunday but I think they’re adding Wednesday as part of the Eat Out scheme.  

On 31/07/2020 at 17:54, Tonge moor green jacket said:

No long hair I'm afraid.

Can do the grease bit though- would it have to be biker though, would petrol driven semi agricultural machinery do?

I can trim a bush really well.

For a long term relationship you need to like dogs

more than Rachel you need to like her whippets

No problem outside the pub.  Badly written update to Gov.Uk website

Can I still meet people in the outdoor areas of cafes, restaurants or pubs, for example outdoor seating or a beer garden?

You can continue to meet in public outdoor spaces including outdoor seating or beer gardens in groups of no more than 6 people, unless the group includes only people from 2 households. You cannot meet people you do not live with in a private garden.

At all times, you should socially distance from people you do not live with – unless they are in your support bubble.

• Moderators
47 minutes ago, TrickyTrotter said:

No problem outside the pub.  Badly written update to Gov.Uk website

Can I still meet people in the outdoor areas of cafes, restaurants or pubs, for example outdoor seating or a beer garden?

You can continue to meet in public outdoor spaces including outdoor seating or beer gardens in groups of no more than 6 people, unless the group includes only people from 2 households. You cannot meet people you do not live with in a private garden.

At all times, you should socially distance from people you do not live with – unless they are in your support bubble.

Its gonna be a big table that allows 6 people to socially distance, is it not?

it really is a shitshow

13 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Could be the last for while I reckon. What do we think 2 weeks max til pubs shut?

10 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Maybe get August out of it 

I reckon they'll let us have August Bank Holiday weekend, then shut them