Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Pubs next weekend - Yay or Nay?

Burndens Bogs

Will you be knocking on the door next Saturday lunch, or giving it a miss till things calm down?

Like someone said in another thread, bellendery will probably be rife on Saturday .

I might give it a swerve  till all the NYE types have fucked off.

Going through the pubs app to book a slot for a shite doesn't really appeal.

Booked in a few places for an afternoon session the following Friday in Notts city centre but we only really wanted to stay local if going out on the 4th as towns all over the country will probably be daft.

Waiting on the brewery that runs the local announcing their plans for booking/app tomorrow but looks like we'll have to be quick on the draw if some of the other places are anything to go by...

There won’t be any room for bellendery I don’t think.

The set of rules each pub has to adhere to will prettt much snuff that out. Queuing outside, table bookings only, order via app and cashless if possible. There’ll be no free for all. No standing at the bar and greeted with a host.

Personally if it’s not right, I’m not bothering, I’m not desperate enough for a pint to stand in a distanced queue outside and piss about being shown to a table and waited on. 

Greene king rang me last week and told me the pubs we clean need to be ready by the 6th. They’ve delayed opening till after the weekend.

Here’s how they’re expecting to work.

9 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Will you be knocking on the door next Saturday lunch, or giving it a miss till things calm down?

Like someone said in another thread, bellendery will probably be rife on Saturday .

I might give it a swerve  till all the NYE types have fucked off.

Going through the pubs app to book a slot for a shite doesn't really appeal.

i think the places will be full of the sort of tw-ts that turn up at Christmas not to be seen for the rest of the year and for this years bonus will tow their kids along as well.

the most important point of the visit will be to get a selfie  for their snaptwatbook page

i usually go to the pub every day ,i will not be in next weekend 

Boris has made a mistake opening up on a Saturday he should of said a Monday to ease people into it

11 minutes ago, gonzo said:

There won’t be any room for bellendery I don’t think.

The set of rules each pub has to adhere to will prettt much snuff that out. Queuing outside, table bookings only, order via app and cashless if possible. There’ll be no free for all. No standing at the bar and greeted with a host.

Personally if it’s not right, I’m not bothering, I’m not desperate enough for a pint to stand in a distanced queue outside and piss about being shown to a table and waited on. 

Greene king rang me last week and told me the pubs we clean need to be ready by the 6th. They’ve delayed opening till after the weekend.

Here’s how they’re expecting to work.

Well that looks a fucking soulless experience.

My local boozer is opening (No kids and no food for the first couple of weeks) and doesn't have too many folk living close by, so i might just dip my toe in the water in there next Saturday afternoon for a couple + see how it goes.

Regroup with the lads in a couple of weeks for a more powerful session.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

The sort of pubs that serve food may have a chance of making it work, more compliant and willing customers, but IMO, boozers less so. The sort of pubs where people go to get good and drunk will be fucking hard work and over run with folk either forgetting or just not giving a shit about the situation within about 4 pints I reckon. For that reason I'll be leaving it for a bit of yet, and I'm also someone who visits the pub pretty much everyday. 

The withins is pretty much booked up already. The list of requirements is bonkers. 

I know a few bars in Blackpool that aren’t bothering at all. They’ll lose money. 

Makes my shit itch. Complete waste of time and money all this. If you can stand at a counter in a sandwich shop or have a gang bang on the beach, surely you can stand at a bar, order a pint and take it to your bloody table. 

7 minutes ago, gonzo said:

The withins is pretty much booked up already. The list of requirements is bonkers. 

I know a few bars in Blackpool that aren’t bothering at all. They’ll lose money. 

Makes my shit itch. Complete waste of time and money all this. If you can stand at a counter in a sandwich shop or have a gang bang on the beach, surely you can stand at a bar, order a pint and take it to your bloody table. 

Hope weathers ok as like the withins others are utilising good outdoor space 

31 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

If you have to book to go in a pub, they can fuck off, if the landlord says invite only, they can fuck off to.

Give it a week and all will be back to normal like the shops, Pubs need revenue to survive, that means they need their regulars back on a regular basis.

Hope so one of ours has a big 50 end of July 

Under the regulations,  can you bum a barmaid over the pool table, can you even have a game of pool, if you go for a pint on your own do you have to take up a table while there are people waiting outside, how can you glass somebody who is socially distanced, & i'm not booking or queueing up to go in a pub anyway,...i still remember millenium NYE when some landlords tried to cash in & charge people to go into their pubs.

It all sounds a bit shit & i'll be keeping well clear but it's probably sensible to try & break it in gently. On the news this morning, they said that the bars in Florida & Texas had had to be shut again after a big spike  in infections, but I don't think they'd had any restrictions. 

• Members
24 minutes ago, Nowack said:

All I know is that anyone ordering a bottle of Becks should get a lifetime ban from drinking establishments. 

Carling, Carlsberg, Fosters, Coffee drinkers back of the queue