Benny The Ball

"non-negotiables"

"Starting work immediately"

"Difficult negotiations"

"We've got our man"

and of course the perrenial favourite

"Sleeping giant"

and an old favourite

"Club shop is open for your purchases" no sorry that was the previous administration.

Edited by Benny Bear

17 minutes ago, Dr Faustus said:

I was told there was a Nando's on site, but nothing; went to McDonalds and I couldnt understand a bloody word they said.

You joke (I think) but I took my Mrs  - who is from London - to her 1st match at the Reebok and we grabbed a McDonalds. When the server asked in a thick Bolton accent “do you want fries with that” she couldn’t understand what he was saying. She asked if he could repeat himself. He did, then she turned to me, blank expression. She had no idea what he was asking. 

41 minutes ago, Jol_BWFC said:

You joke (I think) but I took my Mrs  - who is from London - to her 1st match at the Reebok and we grabbed a McDonalds. When the server asked in a thick Bolton accent “do you want fries with that” she couldn’t understand what he was saying. She asked if he could repeat himself. He did, then she turned to me, blank expression. She had no idea what he was asking. 

You're married to Didi Hamman?

• Site Supporter
4 hours ago, Jol_BWFC said:

Take her to Bolton Market Place. Around the walls are dialect sayings such as,

”Art’ goin’ fer sommet fert’ eat?

As a Boltonian, it kind of looks German but is perfectly understandable. 

Not really a shock that she didn’t understand 

7 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Take her to Bolton Market Place. Around the walls are dialect sayings such as,

”Art’ goin’ fer sommet fert’ eat?

As a Boltonian, it kind of looks German but is perfectly understandable. 

Not really a shock that she didn’t understand 

I could probably do with a refresher’s course myself!

On 29/06/2020 at 20:27, SatanGreavsie said:

Interviewed next to Nat's statue he looks back, past the still futuristic looking curvature of the roof and on to the majesty of Winter Hill and Rivington, shimmering in the haze of an evening summer sun.

"That's what it's all about" he opines with a sweeping gesture. "Ornate Vistas"

The press shrug, seeking more clarification.

"Well that's me! My middle name is Ross, so Ian Ross Evatt - it's an anagram of Ornate Vistas! It was meant to be!"

Marc Iles feigns indifference but inwardly he's seething he didn't realise it earlier...he'd have got an entire piece out of that one

I think Marc Iles is quietly acknowledging your literary contribution to this board 

In his article today - https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/18561267.inside-wanderers-bolton-just-get-times/

I quote     And then, a ray of sunshine peaked over Winter Hill.