Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The official Wigan are shit thread

RUREADY2ROLL

20 minutes ago, Rudy said:

That ruling is like double relegation

Problem is, if they are deducted 12 points this season (likely), then they’re effectively only 4 points off survival, with a better goal difference than the teams 4 points ahead.

Someone mentioned on here they’re also near the top of the form table. They have a couple of tough games (Brentford and Fulham) but also play 4 teams below them in the table - QPR, Charlton, Hull and Barnsley. 

3 minutes ago, Ani said:

Won 3 on the run. In all likelihood they won’t be last to go. 

Sheffield Wednesday players reported to have gone unpaid for June.

West Ham facing catastrophe if they get relegated according to the Beeb.

• Members
3 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

Sheffield Wednesday players reported to have gone unpaid for June.

West Ham facing catastrophe if they get relegated according to the Beeb.

Don’t wanna see any team go bust but if I had to  choose that shower of shite would be near the tippy top Adder

28 minutes ago, Jol_BWFC said:

Problem is, if they are deducted 12 points this season (likely), then they’re effectively only 4 points off survival, with a better goal difference than the teams 4 points ahead.

Someone mentioned on here they’re also near the top of the form table. They have a couple of tough games (Brentford and Fulham) but also play 4 teams below them in the table - QPR, Charlton, Hull and Barnsley. 

If they stay up with 12 point deduction they’ll deserve stay up, subsequent transfer embargo and likely salary cap means it’s only putting of relegation until next season..... unless Sheikhs come in. 

1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

If they stay up with 12 point deduction they’ll deserve stay up, subsequent transfer embargo and likely salary cap means it’s only putting of relegation until next season..... unless Sheikhs come in. 

It's more likely to be shaky Whelan.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, burnden said:

so

is it -12 this season, and if they go down, it will be imposed again next season in league one so they start there on -12 too?

or, if -12 were to send them down, then they will let them off this season, and they start next season in the championship on -12?

they won't get relegated this season in the form they are in anyway

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, ZicoKelly said:

so

is it -12 this season, and if they go down, it will be imposed again next season in league one so they start there on -12 too?

or, if -12 were to send them down, then they will let them off this season, and they start next season in the championship on -12?

It's applied this season if they finish outside the relegation zone, if they drop into it then they start next season on - 12.

5 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

so

The second one

There is a chance Wigan win 4 of the last 6 to stay up this season despite the 12 point deduction. If they do that they will be in the Championship next season with a 2k per week wage embargo so they'll be fucked in the end

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

It's applied this season if they finish outside the relegation zone, if they drop into it then they start next season on - 12.

2 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

The second one

There is a chance Wigan win 4 of the last 6 to stay up this season despite the 12 point deduction. If they do that they will be in the Championship next season with a 2k per week wage embargo so they'll be fucked in the end

I'm sitll confused

if Wigan stay up, are they going to be on -12 in the Championship next season?

45 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

Whelan has already said he's prepared to step in.  If his broken leg allows, obviously 

I used to work for him when I was a kid in his hotel, and at Springfield park on match days, in the boardroom, serving pies to the directors from the opposition at half time. There's not a chance he'll buy it back unless he can make some big cash out of it.

I also delivered his papers when I was 13 for a couple of years, never gave me a tip at xmas, the twat.

His son is an absolute loon - he was known as Whizzy Whelan in Parbold, total fruitcake, would do anything for a pint, and I mean anything. 

Edited by peelyfeet