Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The official Wigan are shit thread

RUREADY2ROLL

Just now, Steejay said:

I used to go & pick up cabbages from that farm when I worked on Bolton market.

Two brothers, David & Peter Clayton, they had hands like dustbin lids.

Then they started the PYO strawberries & never looked back.

I worked for various claytons as a kid at weekends and in the school holidays in the 80's - picking fruit and veg for them.  Youre right about their hands  - big massive dirty spud pickers

The side of the PYO field was opposite my front door. I was in the field multiple times a day getting my football back, must have eaten thousands of free strawberries - it's all turf now   

Most pleasing thing is the transfer embargo as well. Cunts. See how they like it now shoes on the other foot. They aren’t a Big draw at all So will struggle like fuck. Double drop we will pass them by after our promotion next year 

12 minutes ago, Carlos said:

If the Piemen go down, it’s a massive reprieve for one of the bigtime cunts, Stoke or the Smoggies. I’d like to see them down as much as Wigan tbf.

As funny as it would be for Stoke or Boro to go down, they would bounce back no trouble.  The difference with Wigan is they wouldnt, under the embargo, get back any time soon, it would feel like a permanent relegation similar to if Bournemouth go down.

I fail to see why anyone would want to buy Wigan now.  Punching well above their weight, its not like a team that might get into the promised land of the Prem in the next few years.  And not cheap to take on, compared to us a year ago, with very few big earners and contracts being wound down.  There will be some relatively big earners at Wigan, as soon as you take over you have to pay them, with little income in the short term. 

I've had time to think about this now, and be objective about their situation

nowts changed

hahahahahahaha

fuck wigan, fuck the (****)tics

I remember the abuse my kids and I got moving from one end to the other after one of their 'boys' sparked a kid, and we were shunted under their stand... only a couple more memories, as they are such pissants 

• Site Supporter

They’re in deep deep shit

Apparently the Far East betting sites are on a 20 seconds delay. A bloke was ejected from the stands at Wigan for being in touch with them (fuck knows how anyone would know) back in August.

There'll be loads of mad rumours now, but it’s a fair assumption from looking at their owners that something isn’t right.

Bye.

• Site Supporter

We all know the efl have a lot to answer for, though I do wonder what they could have done with regard to the prospective owners putting a bet on the club to go down. Certainly not something the owners are going to admit.

Perhaps we should put some money on the points not being deducted.

Some reward either way.

I'm thinking long term but if Wigan crash and burn then then both our nearest rivals will have gone. Eventually those town fans in a generation 10-20 years will support their local team, Bolton Wanderers. 

Edited by Popeye doyle