Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The official Wigan are shit thread

RUREADY2ROLL

6 hours ago, Underpants said:

Makes perfect sense to me.

There's hope for you...don't throw it away just to save face . Cheese is absolutely on the money....why would you consciously decide to join a group you have correctly identified as wankers. There's wankers everywhere but the silent, compassionate group is much larger, they just don't need others to justify their behaviour. 

That's the sense that should be passed on to others.

• Site Supporter
19 minutes ago, Rubberkex said:

There's hope for you...don't throw it away just to save face . Cheese is absolutely on the money....why would you consciously decide to join a group you have correctly identified as wankers. There's wankers everywhere but the silent, compassionate group is much larger, they just don't need others to justify their behaviour. 

I will take on board your advice should you live amongst them as I do? 

5 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

I will take on board your advice should you live amongst them as I do? 

I do live amongst them, I am one myself ....I also had compassion for the plight of Bolton last year. More had than didn't have but didn't shout about it as much. You listen to the wrong people.

22 minutes ago, Rubberkex said:

I do live amongst them, I am one myself ....I also had compassion for the plight of Bolton last year. More had than didn't have but didn't shout about it as much. You listen to the wrong people.

I won't rejoice in what's happening to your club and I won't make an effort to goad the supporters of it, but the loud minority you refer to felt like a very large minority to me - even your local journalist couldn't resist making a few jibes.

26 minutes ago, Rubberkex said:

Did the silent majority stay silent when the minority were singing about Nat dying or about us going down the drain ? 
I take no joy in your plight but how do you expect people to react given how so many reacted when the boot was on the other foot ? 
With regards the stories that are coming out if they are true it would seem not only has the club gone into Admin it has broken multiple other rules. People seem to think this shows how unfair this all is on the club. What they mean is unfair on the supporters but it is the club that seems to have the rotten core and will need to be punished accordingly. 

3 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I won't rejoice in what's happening to your club and I won't make an effort to goad the supporters of it, but the loud minority you refer to felt like a very large minority to me - even your local journalist couldn't resist making a few jibes.

I know, it was embarrassing. People play to the gallery though, you realise that. Try to strip away tribal thoughts, difficult I know but decent people are everywhere. 

Anyway I won't outstay whatever welcome I may have had so I'll do one...we have 6 games to win.

• Site Supporter

I don’t wish a Bury on Wigan and to be fair I don’t even wish it on Blackburn, Wolves or Tranmere but I sincerely hope they get the shitty end of the stick for a few seasons like we’ve had.

I don’t feel any rivalry at all towards Wigan but I do enjoy the spice many of our fans feel when we play there. It’s a bloody good drink pre-match too

4 minutes ago, Ani said:

Did the silent majority stay silent when the minority were singing about Nat dying or about us going down the drain ? 
I take no joy in your plight but how do you expect people to react given how so many reacted when the boot was on the other foot ? 
With regards the stories that are coming out if they are true it would seem not only has the club gone into Admin it has broken multiple other rules. People seem to think this shows how unfair this all is on the club. What they mean is unfair on the supporters but it is the club that seems to have the rotten core and will need to be punished accordingly. 

Like I say pal, wankers are everywhere...seek and ye shall find. I choose to ignore them whatever shirt they wear.

I really am off now.

• Site Supporter
42 minutes ago, Rubberkex said:

I had a couple of Wigan supporting mates who were ok about our plight but the rest were typical arseholes. I remember who they were & will happily respond in kind. As you give so shall you receive 😉

3 minutes ago, Rubberkex said:

I know, it was embarrassing. People play to the gallery though, you realise that. Try to strip away tribal thoughts, difficult I know but decent people are everywhere. 

Anyway I won't outstay whatever welcome I may have had so I'll do one...we have 6 games to win.

I don't have any tribal thoughts. I just don't appreciate that element being dismissed as a "small minority". I've already mentioned your local journalist, but I haven't forgotten Rosler's "we don't want to end up like that club down the road" comment either. There seemed to be widespread revelry in our financial difficulties.

As it happens, I think your club is in a much healthier financial state than ours was / is, and that you will find a buyer quite easily. I bear your club no ill will except in a sporting sense.

9 hours ago, Underpants said:

Bollox to that. 9 months ago was the darkest place I have been outside of family and friends. It was grim. I think I'm a reasonable man. I know there are reasonable and genuine pie eating fans out there. They even wished us well when things looked terminal for us. But the wankers, and there was a bloody lot of them, who couldn't wait to dance on our grave has overwhelmed my compassion for the good half of wigan. I hope they disappear of the face of the football map never to be seen again.

All is fair in love and football.

Fuck off!

I'm in total agreement with this, I've seen the photos of Wigan fans outside our ground last year like you say dancing on our grave. 

For 25 years Wigan haven't been a normal football club, they have had very wealthy people subsidising them.Now it looks as though they are going to have to live off their gate receipts and tv revenue like most other clubs.Let's see how strong they are.

The "little Wigan" fighting against the big boys myth made me laugh.They were doing what they did because they were backed up by   Whelan's huge generosity and for a couple of years these Asians attempting to pay for a PL side

1 hour ago, Rubberkex said:

You were never going to get a love in. All this is karma at its best. You can not be suprised that some level headed folk have chosen to rejoice in this turning of tables. I dont think its an unusual reaction given the circumstance.  I suggest you take the shit on the chin like we had to do. None of us are Mother Teresa. Not even you.

For the record I think Wigan will probably get through this. But I'm not missing this opportunity to rub their noses in it.

I don’t want Wigan to go bust, I just want them to have a shit few years and drop a league or 2 like we have. I hate the fact that because we have struggled for a few years, purely due to off field issues, they are now 2 leagues above us and waving their cocks around like they’re massive.

”Bolton owe millions, we owe nothing at all”

”Bolton’s going down with a fiver in the bank”

Let’s see how a shit few years fairs for them and how it goes when we’re back on an even playing field. If they beat us then then fair play, take the piss all you want, but at least we’ve had a fair chance at the rivalry.

For what it’s worth I think we’ll be passing them in league 1 next season unless they can stay up by some miracle this year.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Biggish Dave said:

I don’t wish a Bury on Wigan and to be fair I don’t even wish it on Blackburn, Wolves or Tranmere but I sincerely hope they get the shitty end of the stick for a few seasons like we’ve had.

I don’t feel any rivalry at all towards Wigan but I do enjoy the spice many of our fans feel when we play there. It’s a bloody good drink pre-match too

Is the correct answer 👍

The reasonable side of me hopes they get through this as a club but have to spend several years in division 4 or the conference rebuilding. 

The unreasonable side hopes they go down the tubes, have to reform as Afc Wigan and the DW burns down with DW in it.

Tbh I can easily live with either outcome