Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The official Wigan are shit thread

RUREADY2ROLL

• Site Supporter

Obviously the EFL will have carried out any due diligence checks and ensured the new owners weren’t going to drag an EFL team into the shit the way their lack of proper checks allowed Bury and Bolton to be bought by folk with more interest in making a few quid than in investing in a football club.

• Members
1 minute ago, MickyD said:

Obviously the EFL will have carried out any due diligence checks and ensured the new owners weren’t going to drag an EFL team into the shit the way their lack of proper checks allowed Bury and Bolton to be bought by folk with more interest in making a few quid than in investing in a football club.

Harder to open a bank account than pass the test 

3 hours ago, Duck Egg said:

The reasonable side of me hopes they get through this as a club but have to spend several years in division 4 or the conference rebuilding. 

The unreasonable side hopes they go down the tubes, have to reform as Afc Wigan and the DW burns down with DW in it.

Tbh I can easily live with either outcome 

I felt the same but I started to think, we have our own share of dickheads mainly yoof, but we also have people who have supported us through thick and thin, and I guess Wigan have to so for all the decent Wigan fans I hope they survive, I think 🤔

I think that former EFL Chief Exec Shaun Harvey should be investigated. Same t$sser who said BWFC fans should be thankful to have KA as owner. Then has his retirement do at one of KA's restaurants. Something stinks at the EFL.

Edited by Burnden Pies

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Farnywhite said:

Andy burnham asking EFL to suspend the 12 point deduction against Wigan .  were was he when we got ours 

In a very similar place.

https://www.greatermanchester-ca.gov.uk/news/mayor-of-greater-manchester-calls-for-footballing-authorities-to-grant-bury-fc-a-stay-of-execution/

On Bolton’s current difficulties, the Mayor told the EFL: “Financial instability has dogged the Wanderers since their relegation from the Premier League. Mismanagement has brought the club to its knees over the course of the last season: players have gone months without their wages being paid; emergency foodbanks have been established to feed unpaid Bolton Wanderers staff; youth teams have been mobilised to honour fixtures and the club’s manager has now left as well.

“Regardless of the issues frustrating the sale of the club, the impact upon players, fans and staff at Bolton Wanderers has been catastrophic. For the sake of fans and the town, means must be sought to safeguard the club and its staff, ensure its survival.”

They all showed their hands and only the staff at PNE can come out with any praise for what they did in our hour of need.  I’m not a football fan, I’m Bolton Wanderers and England, it’s ‘dog eat dog’ out there, as we’ve learned in the last 12 months.  Will I be losing sleep if any clubs go under, I’ll probably lose the same as a Bury FC fan does.  Bollocks to them all, we all know the score now, love thy neighbour my arse.

2 minutes ago, Breightmet Boy said:

They all showed their hands and only the staff at PNE can come out with any praise for what they did in our hour of need.  I’m not a football fan, I’m Bolton Wanderers and England, it’s ‘dog eat dog’ out there, as we’ve learned in the last 12 months.  Will I be losing sleep if any clubs go under, I’ll probably lose the same as a Bury FC fan does.  Bollocks to them all, we all know the score now, love thy neighbour my arse.

100%. PNE were class tbf. The rest - not so much. So fuck 'em.

7 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

To be fair, he was shite. Not giving that lot any credit. 😂

He was Shite. One decent game at rich dale and then shite. Says everything that he’s been released by them. Will end up league one or two at best