Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The official Wigan are shit thread

RUREADY2ROLL

• Site Supporter

Whatever happens to them in terms of will they win an appeal against -12pts or will they get relegated etc, I can't imagine any new owners funding them to the level they have been over the last 15 years or so.

Whether it's this season or over the next few seasons, they will be heading back down the football pyramid 

Appealing the 12 pts...

"The only grounds we have for this is 'force majeure'. My reading of it is, that applied to anything outside what we could have expected," said Krasner.

The Takeover completed 4 weeks ago pal 

How could you not expect the current situation given we were already in a pandemic and the season had been halted. 

Chancers. See you in league 1!

• Moderators
40 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Appealing the 12 pts...

"The only grounds we have for this is 'force majeure'. My reading of it is, that applied to anything outside what we could have expected," said Krasner.

The Takeover completed 4 weeks ago pal 

How could you not expect the current situation given we were already in a pandemic and the season had been halted. 

Chancers. See you in league 1!

They are arguing the company doesn't owe anything

Almost saying that the business shouldn't be allowed to go into admin

Anyway, it has been put into administration and the rules are quite clear

Mandatory 12 point deduction

So, get fucked

Agree with @gonzo wouldn’t miss them at all. 

Was a bit gutted when Bury went as a life long rival had gone bump. 

Wigan away is shit where Bury away was good.

Its hard to have a rivalry with a town that’s no.1 sport is egg chasing.

5 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Given the relationship between the two sets of fans, this one could be very interesting. 

I just don't see how that could work, Wigan RL don't have millions and millions of pounds do they - fuck all people watch RL, so I can't see how they generate enough money to subsidise a football club

9 minutes ago, embankment said:

Pushing to get points reduction halved.

And i can see it happening.

might have to wait until next season then but the bobbing turd will.flush eventually. down and down to the shittiest sewer possible 

Just now, Steejay said:

Why?

Because their are plenty of folk jumping all over it.

Questions in parliament.

Even Mr  K Stammer getting involved .

Club been told to sign 8 BAME players and they will be fast tracked to the Prem as a shinning example to other clubs.

1 minute ago, DomRepWanderer said:

Is there a case where we could sue the EFL for our deduction, if Wigan get a reprieve?

We can sue them now if we want. Just cost us a lot of money for no return. Same would apply if they were successful 

4 minutes ago, DomRepWanderer said:

If we won the lawsuit surely EFL would owe us compo

We won’t was my point. We have no grounds for any law suit in my opinion. If we had we would have done it already 

and by them being successful I was meaning it would have no bearing on us 

Edited by Escobarp

1 minute ago, DomRepWanderer said:

There would be grounds though, if Wigan get a reprieve when in exactly the same situation as we were.

How do you figure that out? Apart from the fact we both have questionable owners the two cases appear very different to me?

so every single club that’s gone Into admin and had deductions also have grounds yes? 

Edited by Escobarp

Just now, Escobarp said:

How do you figure that out? Apart from the fact we both have questionable owners the two cases appear very different to me?

It's all about the admin mate, under league rules it's an automatic 12 point deduction, no team ever going into admin has ever had it overturned, so the EFL need to stand firm, if not I can see a lot of shit flying their way.

Just now, DomRepWanderer said:

It's all about the admin mate, under league rules it's an automatic 12 point deduction, no team ever going into admin has ever had it overturned, so the EFL need to stand firm, if not I can see a lot of shit flying their way.

I don’t disagree with that. I can’t see anyone getting it overturned thus that was my point really. And even if they did it wouldn’t matter to us as every case is different. But it would open a can of worms. Rules are very clear Insolvency event and it’s -12. Doesn’t provide for exclusions. 

it isn’t getting overturned and the tin pot cunts are on the way down and long may it continue. 

Just now, radcliffewhite1 said:

Is the mayor of greater Manchester still fighting Wigan’s corner? What a prick he is 

To be fair he was a prick before this so we shouldn’t be surprised.  It’s quite high profile and giving him air time. It’s all these cunts want self promotion from others misery.