Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The official Wigan are shit thread

RUREADY2ROLL

• Moderators
42 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Showing enough form to get out of it unfortunately

Aye, I'm really not convinced Wigan went into admin to get relegated and win a bet

More to get the deduction now and bank on staying up regardless

• Site Supporter
19 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

Aye, I'm really not convinced Wigan went into admin to get relegated and win a bet

More to get the deduction now and bank on staying up regardless

Let’s say Wigan do stay up even with -12, I’m struggling to see what the point of admin is.

They don’t really owe outside people any money at all.

Their biggest cash flow problem is players wages. They will get paid come what may as football creditors so don’t see why that would cause a problem.

The admins want a fortune and will want players paid on time so they will sell players at below market value to get the money in.

The current owners either have no idea what admin entails in this country or their is a ticking time bomb hidden away somewhere which is just waiting for someone to detonate.

Either way, it’s very strange

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Steejay said:

But they have no current owners coz they’ve done one.

Administrators are running the club and they need a buyer. The club loses £12m a year.

Any takers?

That’s part and parcel of what seems strange. It’s like buying a big house with a big mortgage. You get made redundant and hand the keys back without being behind with your repayments.

The admins will sell whatever they need to and at almost whatever price to ensure they get paid first and everyone else gets paid next.

Begbies Christmas do should be another good do this year, I’ll have a few scoops on them. Cheers Wigan

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

That’s part and parcel of what seems strange. It’s like buying a big house with a big mortgage. You get made redundant and hand the keys back without being behind with your repayments.

The admins will sell whatever they need to and at almost whatever price to ensure they get paid first and everyone else gets paid next.

Begbies Christmas do should be another good do this year, I’ll have a few scoops on them. Cheers Wigan

Hope he doesn't chuck his pint pot off the balcony 😂

• Site Supporter

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/12098320/wigan-administration-sale-buyers-wage-bill/amp/?utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=sunfootballtwitter&utm_source=Twitter&__twitter_impression=true

Nixon basically saying they’re fucked. Makes quite pleasant reading really even for someone who doesn’t give a toss. I wish it was Rovers

8 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/12098320/wigan-administration-sale-buyers-wage-bill/amp/?utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=sunfootballtwitter&utm_source=Twitter&__twitter_impression=true

Nixon basically saying they’re fucked. Makes quite pleasant reading really even for someone who doesn’t give a toss. I wish it was Rovers

Warms the cockles that.👍🏼