Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The official Wigan are shit thread

RUREADY2ROLL

13 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

Purely from where I grew up, Blackburn has always been my big game. If we had to spend any number of years in the same division as PNE, I agree, that would build into some proper grudge.

2 proper clubs similar to us

Both Blackburn and Preston have always been lower in terms of away followings up to recent times. They never come to Bolton in numbers but we took over the place at theirs. 

Agree about Bury as they have always been a small club and we had more Bolton on then Bury at every game we have played them. Wigan are a non league team who have managed to get to an unbelievable level; remember watching them in a FA Cup replay against Tranmere when they were non league and lots of Bolton fans were supporting them that night; they need flushing back to where they come from after getting too big for their boots

Having lived in wigan (by the width of a stream) for the best part of 30 yrs i have watched them build this "rivalry" with bolton. Years ago i knew 3 blokes who were wigan fans and all were sound lads. Everyone else just watched manure when they were on super sunday in the pub. Once whelan got them up and started handing out feebies in schools it seemed to breed a new strain of wigan rat. This new breed has no concept of what wigan really are and they genuinely "believe" they are as big a club as bolton/blackburn etc.

They have an irrational hatred of bolton one that can only be understood if you have lived or worked amongst them. Fuck me they had a european trip of a lifetime and took the opportunity to fly flags expressing how much they dont like us. 

These wankers deserve to suffer but not for to long . I would like to see the club fold. Not just drop down the leagues but actually disappear. 

They have revelled in every moment of our fall. Every fucking moment and I for one will take great delight in returning the favour.

FUCK EM

3 hours ago, paulhanley said:

Self fufficiency for Wigan Athletic is what we used to play in the 80s at Springfield Park. Since old broken leg appeared they have been punching massively above their weight. Normal service is now slowly resuming.

I really hope I'm right in saying this.... the only way is up for Bolton, the only way is down for Wigan. Somewhere in the next two or three years are paths will cross while on our different trajectories and there's going to be enjoyment to be had.

Exactly.  And if they go bust I wont feel that enjoyment, having local rivals creates a sporting perpective.  If we're halfway in Div 1, that sounds like nothing to shout about, but if Wigan are bottom of Div 1 playing the kids, we get the bragging rights.  I dont feel any bragging rights over Bury, they just dont exist.  Make them suffer on the field, I really dont get the point of it if we want the other 90 clubs to go pop.

35 minutes ago, batton carrier said:

Having lived in wigan (by the width of a stream) for the best part of 30 yrs i have watched them build this "rivalry" with bolton. Years ago i knew 3 blokes who were wigan fans and all were sound lads. Everyone else just watched manure when they were on super sunday in the pub. Once whelan got them up and started handing out feebies in schools it seemed to breed a new strain of wigan rat. This new breed has no concept of what wigan really are and they genuinely "believe" they are as big a club as bolton/blackburn etc.

They have an irrational hatred of bolton one that can only be understood if you have lived or worked amongst them. Fuck me they had a european trip of a lifetime and took the opportunity to fly flags expressing how much they dont like us. 

These wankers deserve to suffer but not for to long . I would like to see the club fold. Not just drop down the leagues but actually disappear. 

They have revelled in every moment of our fall. Every fucking moment and I for one will take great delight in returning the favour.

FUCK EM

Brings a tear to my eye and confirms my thoughts, well said sir. 

33 minutes ago, batton carrier said:

FUCK EM

I’ve lived just over the border in Wigan for 4 years, i’ve only met one Wigan fan in all that time. None of my immediate neighbours are Wigan fans.

27 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

I’ve lived just over the border in Wigan for 4 years, i’ve only met one Wigan fan in all that time. None of my immediate neighbours are Wigan fans.

Lived in Wigan for 6 years work with some latics fans 1 is ok the rest are tossers they can fold for me the shit I have  heard off them at our demise they can fuck off and I  have enjoyed the past month watching them squirm and bleat tossers 1 and all. 

• Moderators

Ive only even known one

Hes actually the little twat on one knee on that picture at nats statue

Worked with him 12 months and he did all he could to make life difficult

However, he did get us in his daughters bar after the battering in the monsoon when all doors were shut

5 hours ago, paulhanley said:

Self fufficiency for Wigan Athletic is what we used to play in the 80s at Springfield Park. Since old broken leg appeared they have been punching massively above their weight. Normal service is now slowly resuming.

I really hope I'm right in saying this.... the only way is up for Bolton, the only way is down for Wigan. Somewhere in the next two or three years are paths will cross while on our different trajectories and there's going to be enjoyment to be had.

To be fair to Wigan when they had 2,500 fans in the 1980s and didn't have a wealthy backer they beat Bolton as often as they lost to Bolton.Managing their meagre income to turn out a team capable of matching Bolton's for 9 years is where the annoyance began for me.It only ended when Bolton paid big fees for Walker, McGinlay and David Lee in 1992.They were far more expensive and better players than Wigan could afford  at the time

2 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

To be fair to Wigan when they had 2,500 fans in the 1980s and didn't have a wealthy backer they beat Bolton as often as they lost to Bolton.Managing their meagre income to turn out a team capable of matching Bolton's for 9 years is where the annoyance began for me.It only ended when Bolton paid big fees for Walker, McGinlay and David Lee in 1992.They were far more expensive and better players than Wigan could afford  at the time

Never fail to have a fucking dig do you? fuck off to a filth board.

If the red cunt is actually a poster off here with a dual account on the WUM it’s a tired act now 

If the red cunt is actually a red cunt frequenting here then they’ve got issues and need to more going on in their life

4 hours ago, batton carrier said:

FUCK EM

Beautiful Sir, have a +1.

30 minutes ago, Matt said:

Beautiful Sir, have a +1.

And from me. a proper Bolton fans perspective from someone living amongst/next to the rats. It would.be nice to see them have to sell all their best players the scouse yard dog manager abandon ship to Bristol or wherever and their kids get beaton 6-0 regularly and by likes of Rotherham and Wycombe if poss. watch their crowds go back to 3,000 (wont take much) and suffer worse than we have. but as they have always been the turd that wont flush going bang as soon as possible after Wednesday would be best option.

oh yes ive had plenty time to dream last few weeks

15 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

QPR still splashing out ??? 

The Championship is gonna combust at some point.

I was thinking that - just seems an endless spunk of money from them.

Not heard much recently about their new ground that was going to be by the Scrubs - has that all died a death I wonder?