Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The official Wigan are shit thread

RUREADY2ROLL

1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Wigan are safe the 12 points being deducted next season. 

Wtf????? Where have you heard this??? This goes against all EFL rules 

can’t see who ever goes down in 22nd spot having this this is going to court if true 

• Members
1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

Wtf????? Where have you heard this??? This goes against all EFL rules 

can’t see who ever goes down in 22nd spot having this this is going to court if true 

I assume there’s a cut off point and they could argue that unforseen circumstances contributed to it 

Just now, Rudy said:

I assume there’s a cut off point and they could argue that unforseen circumstances contributed to it 

4 hours ago EFL were confirming the deduction is set in stone. So I’m not sure anything has actually changed here 

• Members

4 hours ago EFL were confirming the deduction is set in stone. So I’m not sure anything has actually changed here 

Mate they couldn’t organise a prayer in a mosque 

Just now, Rudy said:

Mate they couldn’t organise a prayer in a mosque 

I know but they set the rules. And this one is clear. Don’t think any club has gone into admin and not been deducted 12 points for the admin. It’s that clear 

• Site Supporter
Just now, Escobarp said:

This isn’t over and done with. Not whatsoever. They are going down. I cannot see how for admin they can appeal. Sheff weds completely different. They can. But wigan can fuck off 

Skimming over the article, it seems that time is the issue. An appeal will drag it out so that puts it into next season.

Convenient, but we'd do the same I suppose. 

Perhaps there should be a clause whereby vexatious appeals can see an even greater points deduction. Might make clubs think twice.

• Members

I know but they set the rules. And this one is clear. Don’t think any club has gone into admin and not been deducted 12 points for the admin. It’s that clear 

I don’t know the ins and out but say for example they class it as not this season because it fell outside when the season should have ended they may have an argument.

So the legal wranglings could drag it out until after the season ends, that’s a whole other mess

Just now, Rudy said:

I don’t know the ins and out but say for example they class it as not this season because it fell outside when the season should have ended they may have an argument.

So the legal wranglings could drag it out until after the season ends, that’s a whole other mess

I can’t see it. But it is a shit show so nothing will Surprise  me but I can’t see Luton Charlton etc being happy to go down while wigan stall 

Imagine: Wigan lose / draw against Fulham, then get deducted 12 points. They fall into the relegation zone and finish the season in the bottom 3. Sheff Wednesday then get a similar points deduction for their misdemeanours and drop below Wigan, keeping the pie eaters up.

The Daily Mail states that the independent disciplinary panel's verdicts are due imminently, but that can't be right because the 12-point penalty for entering administration is automatic. Any appeal would, I presume, be dealt with by an independent disciplinary panel, but not the immediate punishment itself.

12 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

The Daily Mail states that the independent disciplinary panel's verdicts are due imminently, but that can't be right because the 12-point penalty for entering administration is automatic. Any appeal would, I presume, be dealt with by an independent disciplinary panel, but not the immediate punishment itself.

Unless they're confused and mean the appeal verdict.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, tomski said:

Despite it being Wigan it would be nice if football was solely decided by points on the pitch only once again.

It wouldn’t bother me if they stayed up.

Then I’d tune it to watch all the family silver get sold and replaced with cheap imitation and watch the shit show unfold. That would be quite pleasing

47 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

It wouldn’t bother me if they stayed up.

Then I’d tune it to watch all the family silver get sold and replaced with cheap imitation and watch the shit show unfold. That would be quite pleasing

That and relegation would be nicer though - or is that just greed ?