Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The official Wigan are shit thread

RUREADY2ROLL

24 minutes ago, Burnden Pies said:

That injury time equaliser for Charlton the other day was worth its weight in gold! Now GTF you scruffy horrible twats. 

Yeah to think they've been ahead at half time in their last 2 games and only got 2 points despite being clearly the better side in both games.  Bloody marvellous.  The injustice of it all makes it even better.

Ha ha ha.....i've still got hopes that they follow Bury & go tits up, but if not & it all goes to plan, we'll not play them again as they go into a season of utter misery , get relegated again & miss us as we head upwards.

Those couple of cunts, Oztumer & Magennis both going down, has cheered me up even more !!

• Site Supporter
33 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Probably the best day in BWFCs history since Wilbraham Day.

Bolton scoring a goal whilst 3-0 down gives me more pleasure than anything that could happen at any other club. Each to their own though.

42 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Robinson will never play for Wigan again, which is pleasing.

This is the most I've drunk on a wet Wednesday night for as long as I can remember.

Probably the best day in BWFCs history since Wilbraham Day.

With you brother. If i could post the next bit in a bigger font i would.

FUCK EM

1 hour ago, famouswanderer said:

Calm down

Aye. We're not that tin pot. 

It's nice Wigan are down but sat watching sky sports news watching them get relegated due to admin is nowhere near on a par with a 40 year old stump keeping us up in the last minute! 

Reading this thread it's become clear that over the past 15 years we've moved from genuinely not giving a shit about Wigan (some still don't) to treating them as a fierce rival. Have they now maybe become our arch-rival? I certainly feel more that way than was ever the case before. As an old school Bolton fan I still despise United, I'll always dislike Blackburn and there's a dyed in the wool emnity towards Blackpool. But if these lot wanted to barge their way in to having the rivalry they feel reciprocated they've probably now succeeded with a lot of us. 

... sadly for them they thought they'd succeeded at a moment of maximum opportunity for them with us on our uppers and them powering away in the Championship. Then came the twist in the tale. Now the natural order is gradually going to resume. Gravity will pull them down to their normal place in the world and the cream will rise. Bolton Wanderers will always be a bigger club than Wigan Athletic. I'm looking forward to us proving this over and over during the course of the next decade.

Couldn’t give a fuck about the club personally. But understand why the younger lot hate them. I grew up with the blackburn rivalry 20 or so years ago when we both went down and were challenging for promotion etc so they’re the ones for me 

it’s the fans that are the irritants. Similar to bury. But bury are like a little annoying fly you’re happy to swat away. Wigan’s are like a yappy little mutt constantly biting at your ankles. Eventually you just smash it right in the fucking teeth 

no matter how shit we are Bury are always worse and Wigan always try to be us. Bless em both 

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

Couldn’t give a fuck about the club personally. But understand why the younger lot hate them. I grew up with the blackburn rivalry 20 or so years ago when we both went down and were challenging for promotion etc so they’re the ones for me 

it’s the fans that are the irritants. Similar to bury. But bury are like a little annoying fly you’re happy to swat away. Wigan’s are like a yappy little mutt constantly biting at your ankles. Eventually you just smash it right in the fucking teeth 

no matter how shit we are Bury are always worse and Wigan always try to be us. Bless em both 

This

12 minutes ago, Wullie said:

Blackburn for me and always will be. I suppose it is an age thing, but I think most Bolton fans pushing 50 will say Blackburn before the non leaguers

I’m over 50 and back in the day it was always Blackburn/Burnley/Man U. These days i think Wigan have taken over as our most hated local rivals - with Tranmere not too far behind.

I grew up hating utd, as i got a bit older it was wolves i hated and still do.

Lots of others i dont like

Blackburn

Burnley

Middlesbrough

Tranmere

Leeds

West Ham,.   But i don't really ever give the likes of Bury or Wigan a 2nd thought when it comes to rivalry.

TBH, i didn't even realize till very recently that Bury hated us. And i must have been 15-16 before i know Wigan had a football club.