Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The official Wigan are shit thread

RUREADY2ROLL

Apparently Wigans admins have asked for some dosh from each of the interested parties, but no-one is prepared to stump up because they don't know what division they'll be in next season (I do ,Div 1) and what debts/overheads they are likely to face..

I think it's their appeal against the 12 pts deduction tomorrow , the hearing is  expected to last all day (In reality it should last about 20 seconds)

Edited by Burndens Bogs

40 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Apparently admins have asked for some dosh from each of the interested parties, but no-one is prepared to stump up because they don't know what division they'll be in next season (I do ,Div 1) and what debts/overheads they are likely to face..

I think it's their appeal against the 12 pts deduction tomorrow , the hearing is  expected to last all day (In reality it should last about 20 seconds)

I cant see it lasting all day 

I still cant get my head around how the administrator can justify taking a punt on £500k legal fees in the hope of overturning established EFL rules. - If you go into Administration its an automatic deduction - end of. 

If after the 12 point deduction Wigan had finished 4th bottom none of this would be happening 

Am surprised the Inland Revenue as largest non football creditor at about £2.5 million have not challenged the administrator on spending money that could go to pay both his own fees and in part the creditors - it might be that nothing is actually substantially  in arrears thus far,  as far as HMRC are concerned 

4 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

I cant see it lasting all day 

I still cant get my head around how the administrator can justify taking a punt on £500k legal fees in the hope of overturning established EFL rules. - If you go into Administration its an automatic deduction - end of. 

If after the 12 point deduction Wigan had finished 4th bottom none of this would be happening 

Am surprised the Inland Revenue as largest non football creditor at about £2.5 million have not challenged the administrator on spending money that could go to pay both his own fees and in part the creditors - it might be that nothing is actually substantially  in arrears thus far,  as far as HMRC are concerned 

You would assume bills were upto date relatively so only what’s accrued since admin on all fronts. 

• Site Supporter

Admin will be paying bills from player sales.

Couple sold already but each month will get worse as the bills pile up....

including the players who aren’t getting paid.

Death by a thousand cuts.

Loveleh.

This QC Wigan have got representing them ( David Phillips ) , has , in a distinguished career got some highly relevant experience .. 

He chaired the regulatory commission at the disciplinary hearing against Wayne Shaw the Sutton United Keeper who ate a pie live during an FA Cup tie against Arsenal in february 2017 , to promote a betting company . 

Maciej Rybus załamany swoją sytuacją w Lyonie. 'W styczniu ...

13 hours ago, Steejay said:

Admin will be paying bills from player sales.

Couple sold already but each month will get worse as the bills pile up....

including the players who aren’t getting paid.

Death by a thousand cuts.

Loveleh.

I would have thought that potential buyers will be looking at those players as assets they could sell to recoup money. The longer those players keep getting sold to fund administration the less assets Wigan have. Then the club becomes less attractive to buyers and when they lose their appeal, you can probably count the number of potential buyers on one finger, Dave Whelan.

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, Popeye doyle said:

I would have thought that potential buyers will be looking at those players as assets they could sell to recoup money. The longer those players keep getting sold to fund administration the less assets Wigan have. Then the club becomes less attractive to buyers and when they lose their appeal, you can probably count the number of potential buyers on one finger, leg. Dave Whelan.

Correct.

EFA

1 hour ago, Popeye doyle said:

I would have thought that potential buyers will be looking at those players as assets they could sell to recoup money. The longer those players keep getting sold to fund administration the less assets Wigan have. Then the club becomes less attractive to buyers and when they lose their appeal, you can probably count the number of potential buyers on one finger, Dave Whelan.

When/if the club was bought the need for cash would still likely be the same and player sales would likely form part of that cash flow and business plan and buying clubs know this. 

but it’s all irrelevant. They have to sell players to pay the bills and fund the admin process. 

the main asset in the group is the ground and land.

if they lose their appeal then I genuinely think they will go bust. Let’s hope so anyway