Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The official Wigan are shit thread

RUREADY2ROLL

44 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

All sounds very familiar this doesn’t it. 

makes you realise just how lucky we were that Michael James loves the club and that we ended up with FV. 

It does sound familiar. And, if no one coughs up with the readys, it will also be followed by a long line of court adjournments.

15 minutes ago, Underpants said:

It does sound familiar. And, if no one coughs up with the readys, it will also be followed by a long line of court adjournments.

Given the present situation it's hard to see anybody investing. With the extent of the wage bill etc - even in normal times I doubt there'd be a queue. 

The two scenarios are: 1. Someone dodgy  2. Someone from Wigan with the necessary cash. 

Even if WIgan have their own Michael James they will survive but in much reduced circumstances a la their existence in the 90s and before. 

Poor tormented pie-men. There, there.

1 hour ago, Escobarp said:

All sounds very familiar this doesn’t it. 

makes you realise just how lucky we were that Michael James loves the club and that we ended up with FV. 

Correct. This football club of ours has landed on its feet with Michael James and Sharon Brittan.

56 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Is it me or are them idiots calling themselves Tics to try and distinguish them from other Latics/pathetics?

Maybe they’ll be the only Tics in non league before long.

Tick Tock and tick some more

It’s because they’re small and irritating. 

Sorry I know it doesn't make me popular but I don't want Wigan to go bust its nothing to do with Wigan Athletic it's  just I think they will be the start of a destruction of many clubs, and doesn't our hatred of each other make the games interesting? Just my thoughts sorry 

• Site Supporter
21 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Correct. This football club of ours has landed on its feet with Michael James and Sharon Brittan.

I’ll be honest, I thought our game at Forest was our last ever in this current guise.

im hopeful of a quick promotion and think for the first time in years we have a foundation but I was gutted 12 months ago thinking I’d never go again.

Eddie Davies took us to places I never thought possible. Michael James saves the very existence of us. He trumps ED for me - by a long way

21 minutes ago, Revelredne1961 said:

Sorry I know it doesn't make me popular but I don't want Wigan to go bust its nothing to do with Wigan Athletic it's  just I think they will be the start of a destruction of many clubs, and doesn't our hatred of each other make the games interesting? Just my thoughts sorry 

I cant fucking stand them but I dont want them to go out of business, I'd just like to see a more natural order restored and hopefully fairly quickly. 

11 minutes ago, Revelredne1961 said:

We'll get another rival. That's one of the good things about not having a dyed-in-the-wool rival. We've shared our love over the years. Stockport, Trannys, Wolves, Blackburn. Keeps it fresh.