Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The official Wigan are shit thread

RUREADY2ROLL

22 minutes ago, Plums said:

Pie eaters will be going ape 

Charlton more so. If the points had been deducted this season, Wigan would still have gone down, but Charlton would have stayed up.

Derby next? I wonder if they are getting the same punishment. Might explain why Sheff points are being deducted next season? If Derby had -12 points this season, it would have made no difference to them.

Edited by Jol_BWFC

4 minutes ago, Mantra said:

Latics Speyk is actually hilarious how they've gone from hope to despair and infighting. Praying their appeal isn't successful and they get some buffoon owner to drag them down the leagues.

Sounds familiar.

3 hours ago, Escobarp said:

All sounds very familiar this doesn’t it. 

makes you realise just how lucky we were that Michael James loves the club and that we ended up with FV. 

100%.  Grateful for them every day, and even more so now that its clear we have more than a couple of pennies to rub together.  Not so much because it means we can spend money, more that it suggests there isn't an immient financial crisis, even in this wierdest of years. 

1 hour ago, RoadRunnerFan said:

I cant fucking stand them but I dont want them to go out of business, I'd just like to see a more natural order restored and hopefully fairly quickly. 

Exactly my thoughts.  Just make them worse than us and make them suffer, on the field.

4 hours ago, Underpants said:

Wasn't Euxton just for the first team? Lostock was for all the Unders,  acadamy and, for a time, Accrington Stanley?

Euxton was just first team but the kids did play games up there, remember watching the under 18s including Nicky Hunt who was best player on the pitch up at Euxton. 

• Site Supporter
12 hours ago, Revelredne1961 said:

Sorry I know it doesn't make me popular but I don't want Wigan to go bust its nothing to do with Wigan Athletic it's  just I think they will be the start of a destruction of many clubs, and doesn't our hatred of each other make the games interesting? Just my thoughts sorry 

Fuckin hell man, you need to catch up.

We didn’t give a fuck about Wigan.

They were the ones that manufactured this rivalry.

They were the ones that occupied the town hall steps.

Disgraced Nat’s statue.

And picked off smaller groups of kids when it was in their favour.

Fuck off  Wigan.

4 minutes ago, Steejay said:

Fuckin hell man, you need to catch up.

We didn’t give a fuck about Wigan.

They were the ones that manufactured this rivalry.

They were the ones that occupied the town hall steps.

Disgraced Nat’s statue.

And picked off smaller groups of kids when it was in their favour.

Fuck off  Wigan.

I've been a supporter since 1967 so I remember a time before Wigan, they don't register as a real rival to me and a few Billy big balls acting hard outside the ground is just laughable, I guess I don't really want to see any club go bust that's my point

1 hour ago, Revelredne1961 said:

I've been a supporter since 1967 so I remember a time before Wigan, they don't register as a real rival to me and a few Billy big balls acting hard outside the ground is just laughable, I guess I don't really want to see any club go bust that's my point

I've been a supporter since 1977. We had plenty of local rivals in my early days. There was obviously the United thing but Blackburn and Blackpool were big games. Burnley came in to it too. PNE not so much but they were a decent sized club nearby. We had Bury if we wanted an upstart rival and seemed to play Oldham a lot.  Wigan are an artificiality created by Whelan - above third tier level at any rate. Wouldn't worry me if they disappeared. Would please me if they reverted to their previous identity in the lower reaches of the league scrounging the free transfers from Everton and Liverpool's youth team. Bring it on. Either scenario.

It really is Simpletons Speyk on there. No preferred bidder, admin desperate to get an agreement yesrerday to civer wages and all in the middle of current pandemic. Unless peg leg resurfaces who the hell is going to take them on in current circumstances.  Penny slowly, very slowly coz its Wigan and they certainly aint the brightest, dropping.

That Hong Konger Agent Stanley or wherever he's from  he needs making an Honorary Wanderer.

2 minutes ago, snowball said:

It really is Simpletons Speyk on there. No preferred bidder, admin desperate to get an agreement yesrerday to civer wages and all in the middle of current pandemic. Unless peg leg resurfaces who the hell is going to take them on in current circumstances.  Penny slowly, very slowly coz its Wigan and they certainly aint the brightest, dropping.

That Hong Konger Agent Stanley or wherever he's from  he needs making an Honorary Wanderer.

1 million for geldart, fire sale started, non league beckons, probably end up playing at Leigh sports village. 

• Site Supporter

Have they not gone yet? Could do with some good news.

I saw a Wigan fan the other day and he wouldn’t even talk about it, probably saw the glint in my eye as he recalled all the shit he gave me when we were about to go pop.

Actually, I’m glad it’s dragging out. They deserve it.