Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The official Wigan are shit thread

RUREADY2ROLL

Even without the -12 Wigan are toast now. If they stop the deduction they are still in a financial whirlpool without a wealthy new owner ... and we know from our own experience that they don't grow on trees and especially when there's a vast financial black hole to fill just to help the club survive. 

I make no apologies. Popcorn is out. Compelling viewing.

38 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

Even without the -12 Wigan are toast now. If they stop the deduction they are still in a financial whirlpool without a wealthy new owner ... and we know from our own experience that they don't grow on trees and especially when there's a vast financial black hole to fill just to help the club survive. 

I make no apologies. Popcorn is out. Compelling viewing.

It has the potential to turn into a proper soap opera 

Rather than a quick Liquidation , which to be honest I would not wish on any club , this has some entertainment value 

Ideal scenario -

12 point deduction is applied and they are relegated 

Someone scrapes together just enough money to save them from immediate Liquidation , but not enough to either  buy the ground which is sold to Wigan RL who put in a better offer , and not enough money to pay the non football creditors 25p in the pound which would mean they start next season with a further 15 point deduction 

End of next season we get promoted , they get relegated and we never play them again . 

3 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

Rather than a quick Liquidation , which to be honest I would not wish on any club , this has some entertainment value 

Ideal scenario -

Someone scrapes together just enough money to save them from immediate Liquidation , but not enough to either  buy the ground which is sold to Wigan RL who put in a better offer , and not enough money to pay the non football creditors 25p in the pound which would mean they start next season with a further 15 point deduction 

End of next season we get promoted , they get relegated and we never play them again . 

I'd not bat an eyelid at a quick liquidation ... but I'd settle for your other scenarios. 

The overall point (provided they survive) is that without a sugar daddy Bolton Wanderers are always going to be getting the better of Wigan Athletic. 

There's already been enjoyment. They never saw any of this coming and thought they were in for a prolonged period of lording it over us. Now their rather slow brains are having to adjust to a new reality.

By the way .... if they do end up relegated there's every chance of a cup match against them next season. A season which may well start for them with a scratch squad.

• Site Supporter
16 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

Ideal scenario -

Sweaty Ken wants to buy Wigan?

2 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

Nixon saying admin want to slash payroll down to £6m. It’s around £19m at it’s highest a couple of weeks ago.

The turd has only just hit the water. A lot of way to sink yet

At that level of wages in league one they will maybe break even at a push once the tv money drops and ticket money etc. they really are fucked. 

what was our wage bill when we went into admin?

in fact what was it when sweaty took over probably a better comparable ?

Edited by Escobarp