Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The official Wigan are shit thread

RUREADY2ROLL

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

They pull plug it’s gonna be worse than Wigan. 

Players wages are something like £22m yet turnover is £16m. Probably goes some way to explaining why Danny Graham has been released. Can’t imagine Stewart Downing being offered same terms for next season either.

4 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Players wages are something like £22m yet turnover is £16m. Probably goes some way to explaining why Danny Graham has been released. Can’t imagine Stewart Downing being offered same terms for next season either.

The danger for them is relegation that’ll wipe 6-7 million off turnover and means venkys will need to dig deeper. 

2 hours ago, Popeye doyle said:

It was a nice gesture from PNE and Everton. I never liked Spurs much or any London club tbh but the way Spurs responded to Muamba when he collapsed on their pitch was first class. 

Was it really first class?  If you can clearly see there is someone dieing on a football pitch then the football doesn't matter. That was the only way to react in the situation. 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Breightmet Boy said:

They’ll soon be down with a bit of cluck

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Be further down the pecking order then.

Certainly could ruffle a few feathers all this.

Especially if they get taken over by the egg chasers. 

22 hours ago, snowball said:

Have you been to Wigan away in last ten years?

I’m amazed that anyone who has been to these games still doesn’t give a fuck about them. 

I tried my best to ignore them for years. And they tried so fucking hard to create a rivalry. They got one from me eventually. I fucking hate them more than any other club. 

I think geography comes into it with our fanbase. We have a big catchment area; being from the Chorley side I’ve never felt animosity towards Bury and I’ve never met a Bury fan.

Throughout high school there was a big Bolton/Blackburn divide. I’ve never cared as much for them since I left in 2005.

I cried my bastard eyes out the day after we got relegated at Chelsea. I was nine years old, in the first year of being a season ticket holder, surrounded by United fans in primary school. They were laughing about my team getting relegated, and I’ll bet they’ve still to this day never seen them live. 

Throughout all this, I couldn’t give a fuck about United now. Perhaps it’s different if you live somewhere like Walkden, but in the grand scheme they care about us as much as we care for Chorley.
I’d fucking love it if we had a red away kit. It’s part of our history, we’ve always had a red trim, we have a red rose on our badge, we’ve traditionally had a red away kit and I think it would look smart. 

I still only know one Wigan fan. A mate of my dad’s who’s harmless enough (although gave us the odd dig through our financial troubles). 

I fucking hate them. Throughout all the miserable away days at their place. All the gloating on Twitter. Putting a Wigan scarf on Lofty’s statue etc. I cannot resist milking this situation for all it’s worth. 

Edited by BWFC_LOVE

2 minutes ago, BWFC_LOVE said:

I’m amazed that anyone who has been to these games still doesn’t give a fuck about them. 

I tried my best to ignore them for years. And they tried so fucking hard to create a rivalry. They got one from me eventually. I fucking hate them more than any other club. 

I think geography comes into it with our fanbase. We have a big catchment area; being from the Chorley side I’ve never felt animosity towards Bury and I’ve never met a Bury fan.

Throughout high school there was a big Bolton/Blackburn divide. I’ve never cared as much for them since I left in 2005.

I cried my bastard eyes out the day after we got relegated at Chelsea. I was nine years old, in the first year of being a season ticket holder, surrounded by United fans in primary school. They were laughing about my team getting relegated, and I’ll bet they’ve still to this day never seen them live. 

Throughout all this, I couldn’t give a fuck about United now. Perhaps it’s different if you live somewhere like Walkden, but in the grand scheme they care about us as much as we care for Chorley.
I’d fucking love it if we had a red away kit. It’s part of our history, we’ve always had a red trim, we have a red rose on our badge, we’ve traditionally had a red away kit and I think it would look smart. 

I still only know one Wigan fan. A mate of my dad’s who’s harmless enough (although gave us the odd dig through our financial troubles). 

I fucking hate them. Throughout all the miserable away days at their place. All the gloating on Twitter etc. Putting a Wigan scarf on Lofty’s statue etc. I cannot resist milking this situation for all it’s worth. 

Everyone entitled to their opinion. Personally i genuinely hope they go bust. Gone. No sympathy dont see them as a proper football club anyway. No history just a whelan vanity project and i hope hes not too far gone to witness their destruction.  Nasty horrible set of scruffy scrotes with an inferiority complex because they are inferior  and always will be. 

44 minutes ago, BWFC_LOVE said:

I fucking hate them. Throughout all the miserable away days at their place. All the gloating on Twitter. Putting a Wigan scarf on Lofty’s statue etc. I cannot resist milking this situation for all it’s worth. 

+1

For a week

Betis- may I ask? 

1 minute ago, Mr Grey said:

You been drinking and getting all balanced 😁

No, been thinking about the time when i first went a Bolton v Bury game in 68, and the atmosphere, and one of the few games i saw us win against the black pudding eating bastards.😊

6 hours ago, Mantra said:

31 mins 17 seconds in... Is it me or did that sound like the least confident statement of confidence that you could imagine?

I've only listened a minute either side of 31mins 17 secs. You're right he's far from convincing, he could have said absolutely I'm very confident new owners will buy into this club etc etc.