Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The official Wigan are shit thread

RUREADY2ROLL

5 hours ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

They're about the same on crowds but I go with Leeds for glamour. Eddie Gray, Billy Bremner, Norman Hunter, Jackie Charlton, Gary Speed, Eric Cantona Gary Strachan - Sheff Weds don't really have the amount of A listers

The Megsons, father and son, sprinkled Hillsbrough with their own brand of stardust. 

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

They're about the same on crowds but I go with Leeds for glamour. Eddie Gray, Billy Bremner, Norman Hunter, Jackie Charlton, Gary Speed, Eric Cantona Gary Strachan - Sheff Weds don't really have the amount of A listers

Not sure about glamour but in my footballing lifetime Leeds have been better than Wednesday via a title and champs league footy

Only thing of note that happened to Weds in the prem was when Di Canio pushed the ref

43 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

Not sure about glamour but in my footballing lifetime Leeds have been better than Wednesday via a title and champs league footy

Only thing of note that happened to Weds in the prem was when Di Canio pushed the ref

I remember when the Rumbelows Cup was a big deal

• Moderators
1 hour ago, medwaywhite said:

Looks like somebody on Latics speyk has put up the topic of when we was in the shit and all the pages of piss taking they did makes interesting reading 

Link please

that jeff is wrong poster on there. sums up the deluded little scrotes. Apparently our situation nothing like ours because we over spent and they were a well run club until God unleashed this thunderbolt.

No mention of them losing 8m a year. No mention of their wage bill to income ratio. Just for you Jeff and your ilk, Jelly & Ice Cream waiting. Div 2 with a future trumps no future at all. Bye!

9 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Sheff Wednesday bigger club than Leeds. Don’t really get the glamour in leeds, stadiums shit, the team also been shit for most of last 40 years in fact only the revie era was decent sustained period in their whole history.

I agree. The fans think they are big. And the longer and louder you keep shouting it the more they, and other people, will believe it. Leeds history on winning things that matter is nothing to crow about. Especially if you claim to be a big club.

14 minutes ago, Underpants said:

I agree. The fans think they are big. And the longer and louder you keep shouting it the more they, and other people, will believe it. Leeds history on winning things that matter is nothing to crow about. Especially if you claim to be a big club.

When I was teenager, Leeds were always the bridesmaid, missed out on more trophies than pickles the dog.

Really weird reading that Wiggin forum.

If you go back to posts from around 12 months ago, they were fucking loving our time in the shit and they were so  smug that it would never happen to them because " We are such a well run club" as they loved saying.

Funny how things have turned out eh?

Fuck 'em.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

Spoke to a realistic Wigan fan this week who said, ‘We won’t be seeing the championship for a long time’.

Followed it with, ‘Are you looking forward  to Harrogate away.’ Cunt....

I reminded him that the 5 people allegedly interested in the club  will be bystanders or asset strippers as no other fucker in this financial climate would show interest.....

Harrogate will be your new norm sunshine if you’re lucky 😉

Feeling smug for the 1st time in many a year.......

55 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

If you go back to posts from around 12 months ago, they were fucking loving our time in the shit and they were so  smug that it would never happen to them because " We are such a well run club" as they loved saying.

Fuck 'em.

And amazing how, in their minds, they can seperate their dodgy owners from the club and see them as two separate entities with the club being blameless and shouldn't be punished for the owners sins. At the same time while they reference Anderson and Bassini's shenanigans it's still 'Horwich Wanderers' who are to blame.

They've really shown themselves to be a load of thick two hats almost to a man.

• Members
1 hour ago, tkonion said:

They've really shown themselves to be a load of thick two hats almost to a man.

Became clear to me at Walmsleys apprentice school down Union Road. Who else would use the term 'moggy' for a mouse?

6 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Fuck 'em.

Does anybody know who 96taf was who said he worked here as a youth team worker and other jobs sounded like he hated us

44 minutes ago, medwaywhite said:

Does anybody know who 96taf was who said he worked here as a youth team worker and other jobs sounded like he hated us

He sounded really bitter towards us and wanted us liquidated. I haven't noticed any recent posts from him in their own current predicament though.

• Site Supporter

Funny how quickly fortunes can change in football. 12 months ago, they fancied themselves as play off dark horses for the prem, we just wanted to survive.

The sensible ones of their fans would now swap places with us. Come out the worst of it and decent owners (hopefully). Surely bottomed out for us. im not saying next season will be easy but looking at the squad, I expect top 3

26 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Funny how quickly fortunes can change in football. 12 months ago, they fancied themselves as play off dark horses for the prem, we just wanted to survive.

The sensible ones of their fans would now swap places with us. Come out the worst of it and decent owners (hopefully). Surely bottomed out for us. im not saying next season will be easy but looking at the squad, I expect top 3

I've not felt this optimistic since the buoyant prem years. The feelgood factor is back, you can see it on the forums and twitter. No doubt IE  has set his stall out for attractive promotion winning football and I can't wait.

• Site Supporter
18 hours ago, Whitestar said:

So if we go of town/city size, population and other clubs in the catchment area, who would we say get really decent crowds?

Norwich do for a small city even though there is not much other competition in that area.

If you drew the same large diameter circle around a coastal town that you do around an inland town or city as your catchment area half of your catchment would be fish.