Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The official Wigan are shit thread

RUREADY2ROLL

5 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Krasner in my opinion stretching the truth since day one, first 50 interested parties, now 4 I’m saying it’s bollocks. Only the US, French in town and now Nixon saying that the transfer not going well with one potential bidder that’ll be the aforementioned. Pop looking inevitable. 

Saw his quotes on the tv earlier and he comes over very underwhelming, no confidence in getting a deal done at all, looked shattered and desperate.  Sounded rather thick, even though he probably is far from it.

5 minutes ago, Breightmet Boy said:

Saw his quotes on the tv earlier and he comes over very underwhelming, no confidence in getting a deal done at all, looked shattered and desperate.  Sounded rather thick, even though he probably is far from it.

He’s about 15 years past his sell by date. 

4 hours ago, Popeye doyle said:

Has anyone seen the article about Wigan on Ch4 news tonight. They interviewed Bury fans watching them play Daisy Hill last night and asked them about Wigan. Their response was we wouldn't wish this on anyone, except Bolton.

Article and video here: 

https://www.channel4.com/news/wigan-athletics-administrators-confident-of-completing-takeover-deal-despite-search-for-buyer

Try not to blinded by Jon Snow's tie. Entertaining strop by Gerald Krasner and watch out for a cameo by Dave Whelan in carbonite.

7 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

His choice of footwear suggested he was ready for a quick exit .. 

admins2.jpg?width=640

Did it get lively at any point? The fella sat with Krasner sounded like he'd had a charisma bypass and I couldn't face listening to him for more than a few minutes.

• Moderators

I listened longer than I thought i would

One point, after about ten minutes, the subject of their coach who left for Chelsea came up

Sure they said

Mark palios rang us up...

What the fuck is he involved for?

Also, josh windass one tickled me

When they sell him, they have to pay rangers 500k

Even if he goes for a quid. :)

15 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

Did it get lively at any point? The fella sat with Krasner sounded like he'd had a charisma bypass and I couldn't face listening to him for more than a few minutes.

Not lively - interesting in parts - between about 15-25 minutes Krasner mentions needing to  speak to the EFL , 5 Million bond being required ( Nixon been talking about that today ) and a UK buyer being preferable 

As others have said he's not very convincing and I dont believe he's got 4 active bidders - 1 maybe 

29 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

The guy with Krasner was much more composed during that 

Certainly feels like it’s not going down a liquidation route, only needs £4m ffs 

Interesting phrase ‘it’s a Bolton not a Bury’ 

But you have got to fund the losses for two years ( say £5 million ) as well 

and If what Krasner is saying as of yesterday is correct regarding this "bond" a prospective buyer needs to provide -  not sure he is , then you need a further  £5 million sat in a designated bank account with the EFL as well 

That could be a game changer

Edited by Benny The Ball