Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The official Wigan are shit thread

RUREADY2ROLL

26 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

But you have got to fund the losses for two years ( say £5 million ) as well 

and If what Krasner is saying as of yesterday is correct regarding this "bond" a prospective buyer needs to provide -  not sure he is , then you need a further  £5 million sat in a designated bank account with the EFL as well 

That could be a game changer

Aye 

Plenty in that boat though 

I imagine we are losing significant sums each season in the 4th tier, especially as we haven’t played a game since March 

Watched the video & although Krasner is one dull bleeder he does seem fairly genuine as against a shiny suited salesman.I think they will find a buyer not a million miles different from our own FV model.

Stumping up 5 million into the EFL monitored bank account might be a stumbling block but I reckon they will survive .Hopefully they will be humbled in the process but I doubt it.

ps Did Krasner say that he will look for Wigan’s future results along with Leeds & Bolton’s ? or is my hearing going as well as my eyesight .

And the Palios reference was strange to say the least.

43 minutes ago, athywhite1958 said:

Nixon saying the bidders want to drop their offer to £2 million because they sold Lowe and Kipre but the admins want the full amount.

Why would the price go down because they sold 2 players? The club is being thrown in free as part of the buy a stadium and training ground promotion the admins are running. Would they have been willing to pay an extra £5 million if the players were still there? 

• Moderators
31 minutes ago, athywhite1958 said:

Apparently (according to Nixon) they offered £3.5 million, when Wigan sold those 2 players for almost £2 million the buyers saw it as £2 million in cash so aren't willing to pay full whack as this money would mean Wigan are getting £5.5 million

Seems obvious enough

Dunno why anybody doesnt follow the logic

1 hour ago, athywhite1958 said:

Nixon saying the bidders want to drop their offer to £2 million because they sold Lowe and Kipre but the admins want the full amount.

They will get £2 million +  from Leneghan/ council  for the stadium alone 

Admins bottom line will be break up value of the property assets 

1 hour ago, athywhite1958 said:

Apparently (according to Nixon) they offered £3.5 million, when Wigan sold those 2 players for almost £2 million the buyers saw it as £2 million in cash so aren't willing to pay full whack as this money would mean Wigan are getting £5.5 million

But they also dont have to pay 2 relatively expensive contracts, I thought that was part of anyone's plan, to get the wage bill down.