Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The official Wigan are shit thread

RUREADY2ROLL

I’m still convinced this Ganaye thing is just a smokescreen if no bid has been forthcoming yet despite the clubs assets being frittered away. Smurthwaite would go down really badly with Tics fans but it’s looking more and more likely that’s what they’ll get. Unless of course Mr Bassini makes a last minute appearance?

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

I’m still convinced this Ganaye thing is just a smokescreen if no bid has been forthcoming yet despite the clubs assets being frittered away. Smurthwaite would go down really badly with Tics fans but it’s looking more and more likely that’s what they’ll get. Unless of course Mr Bassini makes a last minute appearance?

Tics fans? TICS fans? What the fuck even is one of those?

Edited by MickyD

Players leaving, no possibility of squad re-inforcements and the season approaches. Anybody remember their glee 12 months ago? 

One backward step after another. All the way back to the stone they crawled out from in 1978. They may survive this but they've had their day in the sun now. 

Spoke to an Oldham fan yesterday, he was overjoyed at the situation.

Apparently Oldham cant stand em because they pretty much stole their identity. Wigan's owner way back when was booted off the oldham board and decided to set up Wigan in spite.

Stole the nickname and club colours.

Might be a load of horse shit but I keep talking to him as its stops him giving my parking tickets as he think I'm his Mate.

2 hours ago, gonzo said:

Apparently Oldham cant stand em because they pretty much stole their identity. Wigan's owner way back when was booted off the oldham board and decided to set up Wigan in spite.

Might be a load of horse shit but I keep talking to him as its stops him giving my parking tickets as he think I'm his Mate.

:lol:, what a great story.😄

5 hours ago, Whitesince63 said:

Oh dear. Good attempt. No doubt trotting off to a shithouse forum boasting about how Bolton has been invaded. WWays - the virtual town hall steps. Sad 

4 hours ago, gonzo said:

Ken Bates was chairman of Oldham in the 60s, then co-owner and vice-chairman of Wigan in the 80s (when Larry Lloyd was manager).

I can confidently say that this Tics bollocks is all a very recent development and was absolutely unheard of more than 5 years ago.

Interesting sidenote is that they refer to themselves as Latics in the first instance rather than Wigan is partly due to their own insecurities at not being the biggest club to represent their own town, with the rest of them coming from St Helens.