Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The official Wigan are shit thread

RUREADY2ROLL

16 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Did you really feel that bad when they won it?

Not trying to be clever or anything, I'm genuinely curious- just another fa cup final with a different winner for me.

The only time football has pissed me off has been if our results or those of England have been shite.

Might have a wry smile if a rival gets thrapped, but not down if they win.

Oh I did. And I worked there at the time. Free ticket, free travel and there wasn’t a chance I was taking them up on it. Hated seeing them live out my childhood dream. 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Oh I did. And I worked there at the time. Free ticket, free travel and there wasn’t a chance I was taking them up on it. Hated seeing them live out my childhood dream. 

I couldn't work somewhere that would have such a bearing on my psyche.

46 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Did you really feel that bad when they won it?

Not trying to be clever or anything, I'm genuinely curious- just another fa cup final with a different winner for me.

The only time football has pissed me off has been if our results or those of England have been shite.

Might have a wry smile if a rival gets thrapped, but not down if they win.

I was gutted as I called it. I got a freebie for the league game a month earlier, and saw City struggle to break them down. First game lad wanted to leave before final whistle and he was sat next silva

33 minutes ago, lofthouse said:

Wigan can’t say , founder members ,they can’t say first ever goal scored, they can’t say first ever Wembley winners ,with a record crowd ,famous white horse final to boot . They can’t say top flight football for seventy five years, they’ve had eight ,they can’t say they opened Barcelona stadium ,they can’t say four times f a cup winners , they can’t say nearly 70, 000 fans packed into burnden to watch the whites ,and unfortunately people died trying . They can only say ,peg leg won us the cup . O and dad and me were there in 58. . Irlam o the heights after ... eggs all over us ..United scum . , the real enemy , not little Wigan pie men.

Yeah but, they can use the space bar and comma coherently , they will always have that

31 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

me too! i still havent forgiven City for losing to them the soft prima donna cunts! One of reasons i want them to go bust is because it kind of cancels out the win in my twisted BWFC mind! I am jealous of that one thing but absolutely nothing else about them. 

All I’ve ever wanted for BWFC is an FA cup win in my life time. Tournament has been ruined though this century by greed etc.

Bolton finally killed it for me when we played Huddersfield and it was abundantly obvious both teams were doing their best to lose. 

Im not sure what the alternative for me is now. Certainly not a league win. Maybe a Europa league win.

4 minutes ago, tomski said:

All I’ve ever wanted for BWFC is an FA cup win in my life time. Tournament has been ruined though this century by greed etc.

Bolton finally killed it for me when we played Huddersfield and it was abundantly obvious both teams were doing their best to lose. 

Im not sure what the alternative for me is now. Certainly not a league win. Maybe a Europa league win.

One step at a time. Win a game first then see what happens after that.

Paul Stanley one of the admins  been on Talksport this morning 

When asked do they have a credible bidder - ( the answer is NO )  he said -  they had a bidder for the fish and chip shop , and a separate bidder for the training ground and the football club ( Billionaire American Consortium - as reported by Alan Nixon ) who dont want to buy  the stadium , and who thought they could start the season playing at other North West Clubs grounds on a week by week  basis. 

Obviously the EFL wont allow that 

( Does beg the question if you are a billionaire owner  - why are you not prepared to buy the stadium ? ) 

Said they have tried to make it as easy (cheap)  as possible for a buyer - at start of admin they needed £13 million in cash to come in to cover football and other creditors and buy the assets , having sold players , now need just £4 million for stadium training ground and club

Cut off point for a sale is when the money runs out 

Said EFL ok on starting season ,  as they can fund it , but did not commit as to how long they can fund it for

Nothing new really said  - but clearly the clock is ticking and they are running out of players to sell. 

No mention of Rugby club , council , supporters club or other bidders 

When asked about their own fees - he got a bit abusive - called Simon Jordan a Half wit co presenter whose only claim to fame is that he spent £50 million on a football club and lost the lot. 

4 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

When asked do they have a credible bidder - ( the answer is NO )  he said -  they had a bidder for the fish and chip shop , and a separate bidder for the training ground and the football club ( Billionaire American Consortium - as reported by Alan Nixon ) who dont want to buy  the stadium , and who thought they could start the season playing at other North West Clubs grounds on a week by week  basis. 

( Does beg the question if you are a billionaire owner  - why are you not prepared to buy the stadium ? ) 

Said they have tried to make it as easy (cheap)  as possible for a buyer - at start of admin they needed £13 million in cash to come in to cover football and other creditors and buy the assets , having sold players , now need just £4 million for stadium training ground and club

Said EFL ok on starting season ,  as they can fund it , but did not commit as to how long they can fund it for

Nothing new really said  - but clearly the clock is ticking and they are running out of players to sell. 

When asked about their own fees - he got a bit abusive - called Simon Jordan a Half wit co presenter whose only claim to fame is that he spent £50 million on a football club and lost the lot. 

Especially when it’s only £3m and they will throw in a Chip shop 

6 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

You dont get to be a billionaire by spending money you don't need to

Bizarre when you go to buy a football club but not interested in the very thing they need to continue playing football (at a tenth of the build cost) 

admins sticking to the £3m cost as it guarantees they get paid and don’t want to be burnt by the “Bolton scenario” where the admins didn’t get full monies owed and accepted land instead (where I’ve no idea) 

but nice to see in some indirect way we’re still fucking them over 

3 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

Bizarre when you go to buy a football club but not interested in the very thing they need to continue playing football (at a tenth of the build cost) 

admins sticking to the £3m cost as it guarantees they get paid and don’t want to be burnt by the “Bolton scenario” where the admins didn’t get full monies owed and accepted land instead (where I’ve no idea) 

but nice to see in some indirect way we’re still fucking them over 

Not that bizarre. 

Probably hoping to keep the 'franchise' and move it somewhere more glamorous like St. Helens. 

1 hour ago, Benny The Ball said:

So £4m for club plus do not EFL say you have to have to 2 years funding in place ? 

So there is one rule to get out of Admin and another to be allowed into league.