Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The official Wigan are shit thread

RUREADY2ROLL

59 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Horwich left Grundy Hill for Leigh and I’m fairly sure became Leigh Railway Mechanics Institute which given Leigh’s lack of rail infrastructure I always found ironic.

yep, i was u18s at the time. called leigh rmi initially, i think up to moving to lsv

1 minute ago, birch-chorley said:

How much cheaper would LSV be vs renting the DW off the Rugby team? Surely the Rugby team are offering broadly the same terms as they have had. Unless those terms were shite and that’s why they are looking elsewhere 

I suppose as it's a smaller stadoum the costs of operating it would be lower, and that could have an impact on the rental price?

I still think it's just a negotiating tactic, though.

Administrators have put a statement out on Wigans Official Website this morning - despite playing in the Carabao cup they still dont have permission to start the league season - might be moving towards EFL issuing the 14 days notice  

The Joint Administrators recently met with representatives of the EFL for permission from them to start the season on 13 September 2020. We are informed that the board of the EFL are meeting later this week and one of the items is to consider this request. We have kept the EFL informed of the progress of selling the club and we are quietly optimistic that this permission will be given. An update will be given once the board of the EFL have written to us.

1 hour ago, paulhanley said:

The EFL should issue a statement to say: "We deny Wigan Athletic permission to start the season. What is more we acknowledge and apologise for the mistake of our predecessors in opening the door to these smelly, scruffy cunts in 1978. They have added very little to Lancashire football or the wider game. It is a pleasure to have this opportunity to bin the bastards off. Believe."

So in other words you are saying the locals are revolting ... 

Well they are now ...

https://thepieatnight.co.uk/statement-on-behalf-of-the-wigan-athletic-grievance-society