Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The official Wigan are shit thread

RUREADY2ROLL

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, DazBob said:

Can they not just play at Colls?  Be ideal for both clubs.

12 minutes ago, tomski said:

Both Wigan clubs. Both pull similar crowds. Seems logical.

Just now, Traf said:

I think the Pies are more LR level than Colls level.

Well, trust Traf to change the rules. If we’re now looking for teams at a similar level then they could play their home games at Fred Longworth High School.

3 hours ago, Benny The Ball said:

Administrators have put a statement out on Wigans Official Website this morning - despite playing in the Carabao cup they still dont have permission to start the league season - might be moving towards EFL issuing the 14 days notice  

The Joint Administrators recently met with representatives of the EFL for permission from them to start the season on 13 September 2020. We are informed that the board of the EFL are meeting later this week and one of the items is to consider this request. We have kept the EFL informed of the progress of selling the club and we are quietly optimistic that this permission will be given. An update will be given once the board of the EFL have written to us.

D-day is coming.

• Site Supporter
28 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

So in other words you are saying the locals are revolting ... 

Well they are now ...

https://thepieatnight.co.uk/statement-on-behalf-of-the-wigan-athletic-grievance-society

Who's going to tell them none of the admins are based in Manchester and the people who are there will know nothing about the case

2 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Who's going to tell them none of the admins are based in Manchester and the people who are there will know nothing about the case

Hope Krasner sees it and then goes all out to confirm everything they're saying about him. Even better if he was acting in good faith until their thick as mince protest 

4 hours ago, DazBob said:

Can they not just play at Colls?  Be ideal for both clubs.

1 hour ago, tomski said:

Both Wigan clubs. Both pull similar crowds. Seems logical.

I said a few weeks ago, it'd be ideal if they merged in reality. Neither club is going anywhere under their current guise, even Colls fans admit the current level is as high as they can get, so merging with Wigan gives them the opportunity to get higher, it also gives Wigan a ground. Win/Win for both sides. Atherton is in Wigan anyway, so no real problem with them being seen as leaving the town. 

I don't want it to happen, as I'd rather Wigan went bust, but it is a logical thing to happen. Surely even Colls fans don't want to be playing jumpers for goalposts football forever, this might be their only chance to come and play with the "big boys" and get into the league

Wigan v Bolton in Leigh would be carnage. Never happen tho if think about it. Definite tactic by bidders using Nixon as mouthpiece.

Would harm Warriors (Wiggins No1 team) as they couldnt afford upkeep themselves and surely be financial penalties to walk away. LSV seems to be doing fine without them as well.plenty of tenants.

Anyway whens Morsy going? That will upset the scruffs followed by the others who have told admin they dont want to stay. Go on Gerald you know it makes sense!

A thousand cuts please

I'm actually getting a bit pissed off here at the EFL's lack of action. 

We were being handed all sorts of warnings and notices, it was touch and go if we would be allowed to begin the season and certainly weren't permitted signings. Yet here they are; nowhere near as close as we were to a deal, signing players, hiring staff and all without any foreboding warnings of membership removals. 

Talk about competition "integrity". Get 'em gone. 

5 minutes ago, Naytch said:

According to the BBC Sport gossip pages, Simon Grayson is to be appointment as manager by the administrators.

And they havent been subjected to numerous winding up orders as we were - If it wasnt Wigan I would feel sorry for them - but it is - and I,m not - Fcuk em