Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The official Wigan are shit thread

RUREADY2ROLL

8 minutes ago, Underpants said:

My hopes have been up and down more often than a brides nightly with this saga. What's the underlying feeling?

Are they going to do a Bury?

Are they going to do a Bolton?

Are they going to do a Wigan (sort of a bit of each)?

They will do a Wigan Borough.

22 minutes ago, Underpants said:

My hopes have been up and down more often than a brides nightly with this saga. What's the underlying feeling?

Are they going to do a Bury?

Are they going to do a Bolton?

Are they going to do a Wigan (sort of a bit of each)?

I’ve thought from day 1 that it’s unlikely they’ll find a buyer. 

Must admit I’m surprised the EFL haven’t made any demands on the administrator finding a buyer. Surely with nothing certain even now, they should be initiating some kind of instruction. Either they are very confident there is a genuine buyer or they’re just keeping fingers crossed? Can’t make my mind up which.

3 hours ago, Popeye doyle said:

It's bizarre what's currently happening. The season has started and yet the admins are still talking about interested buyers showing up at the door. It's as though the EFL have abandoned their Criteria for funding and they're blindly hoping something turns up soon.

EFL are making the rules up as they go along 

They gave Krasner permission for Wigan to start the season - Verbally 

That was wrong - should have set out basis for decision in writing for all to see 

On a separate note Barnsley seem to be having a few off the field issues https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8732425/Barnsley-hold-talks-EFL-clubs-shock-away-Oakwell.html

In fairness though, Generally player wages are relative to the revenue that they generate 

Obvious exemptions where clubs over spend 

If you dropped Macc in the PL they could give 25 players a contract of £100k a week and still break even 

The global viewing figures and advertising revenue generated on the back of it is incredible  

• Site Supporter

Whilst I'd love them to go pop

Part of me just wants them to do a Bury. Disappearing altogether means their fans get off lightly, and can al go back to supporting Liverpool and Everton like they did as kids.

Much better if they end up where Bury are then they have to watch them playing Aspull Shitkickers FC for the next million years.

3 minutes ago, Spider said:

Whilst I'd love them to go pop

Part of me just wants them to do a Bury. Disappearing altogether means their fans get off lightly, and can al go back to supporting Liverpool and Everton like they did as kids.

Much better if they end up where Bury are then they have to watch them playing Aspull Shitkickers FC for the next million years.

They would still go back to supporting Liverpool and Everton though.

Granted there would be handful of supporters who went with the lower league option. 100-200 maybe. Certainly no more than 50%.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, ZiggyStardust said:

They would still go back to supporting Liverpool and Everton though.

Granted there would be handful of supporters who went with the lower league option. 100-200 maybe. Certainly no more than 50%.

Make your mind up! First you say not many would continue supporting, then you say 100-200...

So all of them!

1 hour ago, Popeye doyle said:

Lots of arguing now on LS between the fans and lots of bile and vitriol aimed at the administrators. 

The thing is, there isn't a credible buyer and that isn't the fault of the administrators. 

Slept like a baby last night!

Aye, the administrators have done a decent job from what I can see (sold stuff off and kept the place going) 

At the end of the day the asking price is £4m which seems reasonable really for a football club and Stadium 

If nobody is willing to stump up £4m then it’s not the admins fault is it 

8 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Always worth a read through their thread on BWFC’s woes. 

The parallels are amazing but now, as the stuff they wished upon us seem to be acting against them, they still don’t get why they’re so disliked by us.

https://forums.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/bolton-interesting.93262/

theyre not really worth my dislike, theyve got their fair share of knobhead fans yes, but my hatred is the Salford lot