Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The official Wigan are shit thread

RUREADY2ROLL

• Moderators
26 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

I can't believe the amount on here who are celebrating another team's demise. It could easily have been us. Accusing Wigan of being small time and irrelevant whilst we are currently bottom of L2. Glass houses and all that.

Balls to them

• Site Supporter
33 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

I can't believe the amount on here who are celebrating another team's demise. It could easily have been us. Accusing Wigan of being small time and irrelevant whilst we are currently bottom of L2. Glass houses and all that.

Further up the thread a link to their poor version of Wanderersways shows the joy they felt at our anticipated demise. When it didn’t happen they started accusations of cheating and leaving creditors high and dry. They were gutted.

For those reasons and plenty others, fuck the fans and fuck their club.

28 minutes ago, meanderson93 said:

You see, when it was us, they were cunts. 

Ta ra. 

Who is they ? Twitter mob ? A few idiots outside the Reebok ?  Anyway the bigger picture is that Premier League big city clubs are getting stronger every year and we are in a really bad region so close to Manchester.  I can see BWFC being semi-professional in 10 years from now along with all the satellite Greater Manchester teams like Oldham, Stockport and Rochdale.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Farrelli said:

Who is they ? Twitter mob ? A few idiots outside the Reebok ?  Anyway the bigger picture is that Premier League big city clubs are getting stronger every year and we are in a really bad region so close to Manchester.  I can see BWFC being semi-professional in 10 years from now along with all the satellite Greater Manchester teams like Oldham, Stockport and Rochdale.

So survival of the strongest then? I reckon the only way that would happen is for a Premier League 1 & 2 and the whole of the third and fourth tiers become wage-capped so much that semi-pro is the only affordable way to run a club outside the top two divisions. 

it’d be shit but those clubs at the top will sit back and watch it happen as long as it doesn’t affect them.

28 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

You're as full of shit on here as you are on the Brexit thread. 

If you want a love in with the pie eaters you're in the wrong place. 

Football has rivalries and they get spiky. Don't like it? Take up maypole dancing. 

31 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

Are you on a wind up here? 

25 minutes ago, MickyD said:

So survival of the strongest then? I reckon the only way that would happen is for a Premier League 1 & 2 and the whole of the third and fourth tiers become wage-capped so much that semi-pro is the only affordable way to run a club outside the top two divisions. 

it’d be shit but those clubs at the top will sit back and watch it happen as long as it doesn’t affect them.

It's heading that way sadly.  

Not sure how credible this article is ( printed below ) 

http://d3d4football.com/wigan-turn-down-second-bid-from-former-port-vale-owner/

If anybody on here subscribes to The Athletic from which it supposedly quotes  perhaps they can confirm it ?

The administrators at Wigan Athletic have turned down a second bid from former Port Vale owner Norman Smurthwaite, according to reports.

The League One outfit are up for sale with several interested parties reported last week, but the latest offer from the ex-Vale owner has been turned down.

Smurthwaite originally submitted a bid of £3.3 million for the Latics – £700,000 lower than what the administrators were asking. He cited a fire sale of assets as the reason behind his reduced offer. 19 players have been sold as well as one of Wigan’s two training grounds.

This original offer was rejected but, according to The Athletic, he has now returned with another, this time of £3 million which is £300,000 lower than his first bid and £1 million short of the asking price.

This has also been turned down by Gerald Krasner, signalling their hope that a bid matching the £4 million price tag will be forthcoming.

The fans have raised an impressive £670,000 to aid the club in this difficult time but Ian Lenagan, the owner of rugby league Wigan Warriors and co-tenants at the DW, remains the supporter’s choice to lead a local rescue.

The big question is whether he can guarantee the EFL that he is able to fund the club for two years, something the governing body wants to see before sanctioning a deal.

55 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

No, tell me how you see things with football finances ? It's unsustainable for most clubs outside the premier, even without covid.

Farrelli yes theres a lot wrong with football and it could be us. Actually felt sorry for Bury and never really commented on them. Anybody else and id agree but Wigan fuck off hope they go bust. Only thing thats cheering me up at moment. 

Youre either on a wind up and not a Bolton fan or a sanctimonious prick btw given your 10 year bullshit prediction. In fact ive re read it no way are you a Wanderer which explains a lot

11 minutes ago, snowball said:

Farrelli yes theres a lot wrong with football and it could be us. Actually felt sorry for Bury and never really commented on them. Anybody else and id agree but Wigan fuck off hope they go bust. Only thing thats cheering me up at moment. 

Youre either on a wind up and not a Bolton fan or a sanctimonious prick btw given your 10 year bullshit prediction. In fact ive re read it no way are you a Wanderer which explains a lot

I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion.  It is ok to disagree with someone without posting that kind of nonsense.

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, snowball said:

Just looked at his profile.  A member of wanderersways since Jan 2008 means if he isn't actually a Bolton fan then this wind up is definitely a slow burner. 

1 minute ago, MickyD said:

Just looked at his profile.  A member of wanderersways since Jan 2008 means if he isn't actually a Bolton fan then this wind up is definitely a slow burner. 

Well indeed and a fan since the seventies.  Some on here cannot handle a different opinion.  

31 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

Not sure how credible this article is ( printed below ) 

http://d3d4football.com/wigan-turn-down-second-bid-from-former-port-vale-owner/

If anybody on here subscribes to The Athletic from which it supposedly quotes  perhaps they can confirm it ?

The administrators at Wigan Athletic have turned down a second bid from former Port Vale owner Norman Smurthwaite, according to reports.

The League One outfit are up for sale with several interested parties reported last week, but the latest offer from the ex-Vale owner has been turned down.

Smurthwaite originally submitted a bid of £3.3 million for the Latics – £700,000 lower than what the administrators were asking. He cited a fire sale of assets as the reason behind his reduced offer. 19 players have been sold as well as one of Wigan’s two training grounds.

This original offer was rejected but, according to The Athletic, he has now returned with another, this time of £3 million which is £300,000 lower than his first bid and £1 million short of the asking price.

This has also been turned down by Gerald Krasner, signalling their hope that a bid matching the £4 million price tag will be forthcoming.

The fans have raised an impressive £670,000 to aid the club in this difficult time but Ian Lenagan, the owner of rugby league Wigan Warriors and co-tenants at the DW, remains the supporter’s choice to lead a local rescue.

The big question is whether he can guarantee the EFL that he is able to fund the club for two years, something the governing body wants to see before sanctioning a deal.

I don't know if the article's genuine or not, but I do know that Lenaghan isn't the supporters' choice.

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

Well indeed and a fan since the seventies.  Some on here cannot handle a different opinion.  

I see what you're saying, but I just want them to go the same way Bury did.

Not die altogether, just have to play Orrell Albion forever

2 minutes ago, snowball said:

Ok sorry for the insult no need . I have never met another Bolton fan who compared us to Stockport and Rochdale though.

👍No worries. 

Of course we are bigger than Rochdale, Oldham and Stockport but right now we are in the same boat financially and all suffer the same geographical challenge. 

56 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I don't know if the article's genuine or not, but I do know that Lenaghan isn't the supporters' choice.

Think they are running out of options now though ..

In another twist the admins have  put this statement out - I genuinely have my doubts as to whether we would have survived had these admins handled our sale - its a complete farce  

By @Begbies

“In view of the obvious frustration by a number of fans and other interested parties regarding certain recent events at the club we wish to make the following statement and confirm certain facts.

On Sunday 13 September, social media was inundated with news that the French-Americans had made a final bid of £2 million. Despite being in constant communication with the French-Americans, no such bid was received that day. What it did do however was panic some of the very interested buyers and we spent most of Sunday afternoon on the phone with them. As a result of all the adverse publicity this generated, we can advise that one of the principal bidders backed out Monday morning and they were due that day to deposit £4 million with their lawyers on the basis of anonymity at this stage. They said that the publicity had put them off and their bid was withdrawn. It also led to other parties (who were not in the front running for bids) to make similar offers, one of which was as low as £1.5 million for all of the assets. We did in fact receive a bid of £2 million from the French-Americans as predicted on Friday 18 September at 16:25pm. What was not disclosed with this bid on social media however was the strings attached to it – namely that we had to pay the £1.3 million to creditors to avoid the 15-point penalty. This was not feasible under English law as detailed below and we went back within the hour at 17:19pm to inform them that their bid had been rejected and the reasons why. If they want to rethink the bid and remove the clause where we have to pay the £1.3 million then that will be seriously looked at by the Joint Administrators.

Amazingly, within 17 minutes of us sending the email rejecting the bid with reasons these details appeared on social media. We have put in writing to them that this is a complete breach of their NDA and it is for this reason after taking advice that we are going public with the reasons for turning the bid down. Under English law, before we could pay anything to the creditors we must clear the expenses of the Administration. Fans will appreciate that no income has been received and no season ticket sales have taken place. We have therefore had to pay June, July and August wages out of the player sales and these amounts included wage deferrals from early in the season plus a month’s salary at Championship rates to all players who left. As a result of this there is a considerable liability to HMRC for PAYE on wages plus the VAT on player sales. Taken together with the costs of the appeal, the loss in Administration is over £3 million which has to be paid before any dividend can be paid to the unsecured creditors. That becomes an impossibility when the actual offer is only £2 million. As we have said in the above paragraph, if this bid is remade it will be given very serious consideration.

Questions have also been raised why the asking price is still £4 million and the above is the principal reason why. Prior to the sale of the Euxton training ground the asking price was in the region of £6 million but we told all bidders they could have a £2 million discount if they preferred not to buy that training ground as part of the package and the Joint Administrators would conclude a separate sale.

Another question raised is to why we have sold so many players. The reason is that the players wage bill was over £12 million whereas for a League One club there is a wage cap £10 million lower. It was therefore necessary to offload the bulk of valuable players to reach this target and have a club that could still operate efficiently within League One. We should also point out that a number of players did not want to play in League One with the lower wage bill and requested a transfer.

Questions have also been raised about the sale of the training ground and whether it has been used to pay our fees. We will point out that this asset is in a separate limited company and the money to buy it was supplied directly from Hong Kong and not the football club. The answer to this is that since day one we have drawn no monies for any fees and have funded disbursements out of our own pocket. Apart from the legal fees for the appeal, no fees will be charged by the Joint Administrators or their lawyers to the football club. We continue to still discuss at a serious level with at least 3 bidders an offer that would allow us to do all of the above including payment of the 25p. Contracts have been sent out to the most interested parties and once one party signs the contract we shall let you know as soon as practically possible. We would also advise all fans that if they have questions to send them to Barry Worthington (barry@wiganathleticsupportersclub.co.uk) who has a phone call with us every week.”

6 hours ago, Spider said:

I see what you're saying, but I just want them to go the same way Bury did.

Not die altogether, just have to play Orrell Albion forever

"boltons going bust" , id rather bury won the prem than those fuckers finish the month. 

maybe it were only because they (bury) were in the same boat as us as the same time that they didnt have time to gloat. but i still think id rather see that ^ after all the shit the deereaters did last year.