Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Pie Eaters go into Administration


Recommended Posts

  • Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, Horwich said:

We should offer to host their games at the reebok

Is there a full-size grass pitch available behind the Bolton Arena?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The EFL should issue a statement to say: "We deny Wigan Athletic permission to start the season. What is more we acknowledge and apologise for the mistake of our predecessors in opening the door to th

Wigan can’t say , founder members ,they can’t say first ever goal scored, they can’t say first ever Wembley winners ,with a record crowd ,famous white horse final to boot . They can’t say top flight f

Can you all fuck off posting on this thread UNLESS they've gone pop please? Keep opening it with a little twinge and it's some cunt going on about being a bit cowd 50 bastard years ago!!

Administrators have put a statement out on Wigans Official Website this morning - despite playing in the Carabao cup they still dont have permission to start the league season - might be moving towards EFL issuing the 14 days notice  

 

The Joint Administrators recently met with representatives of the EFL for permission from them to start the season on 13 September 2020. We are informed that the board of the EFL are meeting later this week and one of the items is to consider this request. We have kept the EFL informed of the progress of selling the club and we are quietly optimistic that this permission will be given. An update will be given once the board of the EFL have written to us.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
30 minutes ago, athywhite1958 said:

NO,

 

(unless they pay us a shit load of money)

I think the whole point is they don’t have shitloads.

The U-bend is n sight.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, paulhanley said:

The EFL should issue a statement to say: "We deny Wigan Athletic permission to start the season. What is more we acknowledge and apologise for the mistake of our predecessors in opening the door to these smelly, scruffy cunts in 1978. They have added very little to Lancashire football or the wider game. It is a pleasure to have this opportunity to bin the bastards off. Believe."

So in other words you are saying the locals are revolting ... 

Well they are now ...

https://thepieatnight.co.uk/statement-on-behalf-of-the-wigan-athletic-grievance-society

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DazBob said:

Can they not just play at Colls?  Be ideal for both clubs.

 

11 minutes ago, tomski said:

Both Wigan clubs. Both pull similar crowds. Seems logical.

I think the Pies are more LR level than Colls level.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
3 hours ago, DazBob said:

Can they not just play at Colls?  Be ideal for both clubs.

 

12 minutes ago, tomski said:

Both Wigan clubs. Both pull similar crowds. Seems logical.

 

Just now, Traf said:

 

I think the Pies are more LR level than Colls level.

Well, trust Traf to change the rules. If we’re now looking for teams at a similar level then they could play their home games at Fred Longworth High School.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Benny The Ball said:

Administrators have put a statement out on Wigans Official Website this morning - despite playing in the Carabao cup they still dont have permission to start the league season - might be moving towards EFL issuing the 14 days notice  

 

The Joint Administrators recently met with representatives of the EFL for permission from them to start the season on 13 September 2020. We are informed that the board of the EFL are meeting later this week and one of the items is to consider this request. We have kept the EFL informed of the progress of selling the club and we are quietly optimistic that this permission will be given. An update will be given once the board of the EFL have written to us.

D-day is coming.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
28 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

So in other words you are saying the locals are revolting ... 

Well they are now ...

https://thepieatnight.co.uk/statement-on-behalf-of-the-wigan-athletic-grievance-society

Who's going to tell them none of the admins are based in Manchester and the people who are there will know nothing about the case

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Who's going to tell them none of the admins are based in Manchester and the people who are there will know nothing about the case

Hope Krasner sees it and then goes all out to confirm everything they're saying about him. Even better if he was acting in good faith until their thick as mince protest 

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Who's going to tell them none of the admins are based in Manchester and the people who are there will know nothing about the case

Who’s going to lend them a 7 seater so they can all get there in one job lot?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DazBob said:

Can they not just play at Colls?  Be ideal for both clubs.

 

1 hour ago, tomski said:

Both Wigan clubs. Both pull similar crowds. Seems logical.

I said a few weeks ago, it'd be ideal if they merged in reality. Neither club is going anywhere under their current guise, even Colls fans admit the current level is as high as they can get, so merging with Wigan gives them the opportunity to get higher, it also gives Wigan a ground. Win/Win for both sides. Atherton is in Wigan anyway, so no real problem with them being seen as leaving the town. 

I don't want it to happen, as I'd rather Wigan went bust, but it is a logical thing to happen. Surely even Colls fans don't want to be playing jumpers for goalposts football forever, this might be their only chance to come and play with the "big boys" and get into the league

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wigan v Bolton in Leigh would be carnage. Never happen tho if think about it. Definite tactic by bidders using Nixon as mouthpiece.

Would harm Warriors (Wiggins No1 team) as they couldnt afford upkeep themselves and surely be financial penalties to walk away. LSV seems to be doing fine without them as well.plenty of tenants.

Anyway whens Morsy going? That will upset the scruffs followed by the others who have told admin they dont want to stay. Go on Gerald you know it makes sense!

A thousand cuts please

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Carlos said:

Won't even be able to muster 6 to warrant a fine.

It's on Friday so they could theoretically still have 30 there, if they could muster that many

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.