Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Pie Eaters go into Administration

1 hour ago, Rudy said:

Have you got the bunce to clear the debts?

Yes

Have you got the bunce to operate for two years 

No.

Right well fuck off then.

Tic Tic Tic  

Well yo, are ya all ready for me yet?

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The EFL should issue a statement to say: "We deny Wigan Athletic permission to start the season. What is more we acknowledge and apologise for the mistake of our predecessors in opening the door to th

Wigan can’t say , founder members ,they can’t say first ever goal scored, they can’t say first ever Wembley winners ,with a record crowd ,famous white horse final to boot . They can’t say top flight f

Turns out they owe £3.1415926535

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, paulhanley said:

True. On the other hand if they have to expunge double figures worth of fixtures that'll be awkward too. My money is on the glorious moment arriving towards the end of October/start of Nov. Wouldn't Nov 5 be a good date. Chuck em on the flames. 

Last time around Wigan's last match was 24th October. This time hey ae due to host Plymouth on that date.

10 minutes ago, MalcolmW said:

Last time around Wigan's last match was 24th October. This time hey ae due to host Plymouth on that date.

Save Argyle on the petrol money and pot them just before. Seems sensible enough to me.

How long can admin keep this going though with no income? Surely it can only be a matter of time before they are forced to pull the plug if no buyer is confirmed who will pick up the tab? Wigan can’t even sell season tickets so surely funds must dry up soon.

6 hours ago, Underpants said:

Let's just say a deal is made right at the death. Will it have to go through the EFL and the fit and proper test? Or will that be part of the deal?

If Peter Sutcliffe and Adolf Hitler came up with the money they would pass EFL tests. 

I can't believe the amount on here who are celebrating another team's demise. It could easily have been us. Accusing Wigan of being small time and irrelevant whilst we are currently bottom of L2. Glass houses and all that.

7 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

I can't believe the amount on here who are celebrating another team's demise. It could easily have been us. Accusing Wigan of being small time and irrelevant whilst we are currently bottom of L2. Glass houses and all that.

You see, when it was us, they were cunts. 

Ta ra. 

26 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

Balls to them

• Site Supporter
33 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

Further up the thread a link to their poor version of Wanderersways shows the joy they felt at our anticipated demise. When it didn’t happen they started accusations of cheating and leaving creditors high and dry. They were gutted.

For those reasons and plenty others, fuck the fans and fuck their club.

28 minutes ago, meanderson93 said:

You see, when it was us, they were cunts. 

Ta ra. 

Who is they ? Twitter mob ? A few idiots outside the Reebok ?  Anyway the bigger picture is that Premier League big city clubs are getting stronger every year and we are in a really bad region so close to Manchester.  I can see BWFC being semi-professional in 10 years from now along with all the satellite Greater Manchester teams like Oldham, Stockport and Rochdale.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Farrelli said:

Who is they ? Twitter mob ? A few idiots outside the Reebok ?  Anyway the bigger picture is that Premier League big city clubs are getting stronger every year and we are in a really bad region so close to Manchester.  I can see BWFC being semi-professional in 10 years from now along with all the satellite Greater Manchester teams like Oldham, Stockport and Rochdale.

So survival of the strongest then? I reckon the only way that would happen is for a Premier League 1 & 2 and the whole of the third and fourth tiers become wage-capped so much that semi-pro is the only affordable way to run a club outside the top two divisions. 

it’d be shit but those clubs at the top will sit back and watch it happen as long as it doesn’t affect them.

28 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

You're as full of shit on here as you are on the Brexit thread. 

If you want a love in with the pie eaters you're in the wrong place. 

Football has rivalries and they get spiky. Don't like it? Take up maypole dancing. 

31 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

Are you on a wind up here? 

25 minutes ago, MickyD said:

So survival of the strongest then? I reckon the only way that would happen is for a Premier League 1 & 2 and the whole of the third and fourth tiers become wage-capped so much that semi-pro is the only affordable way to run a club outside the top two divisions. 

it’d be shit but those clubs at the top will sit back and watch it happen as long as it doesn’t affect them.

It's heading that way sadly.  

1 minute ago, meanderson93 said:

Are you on a wind up here? 

No, tell me how you see things with football finances ? It's unsustainable for most clubs outside the premier, even without covid.

55 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

No, tell me how you see things with football finances ? It's unsustainable for most clubs outside the premier, even without covid.

Bolton averaged 3,220 more than WIgan last season so are much bigger

Not sure how credible this article is ( printed below ) 

http://d3d4football.com/wigan-turn-down-second-bid-from-former-port-vale-owner/

If anybody on here subscribes to The Athletic from which it supposedly quotes  perhaps they can confirm it ?

The administrators at Wigan Athletic have turned down a second bid from former Port Vale owner Norman Smurthwaite, according to reports.

The League One outfit are up for sale with several interested parties reported last week, but the latest offer from the ex-Vale owner has been turned down.

Smurthwaite originally submitted a bid of £3.3 million for the Latics – £700,000 lower than what the administrators were asking. He cited a fire sale of assets as the reason behind his reduced offer. 19 players have been sold as well as one of Wigan’s two training grounds.

This original offer was rejected but, according to The Athletic, he has now returned with another, this time of £3 million which is £300,000 lower than his first bid and £1 million short of the asking price.

This has also been turned down by Gerald Krasner, signalling their hope that a bid matching the £4 million price tag will be forthcoming.

The fans have raised an impressive £670,000 to aid the club in this difficult time but Ian Lenagan, the owner of rugby league Wigan Warriors and co-tenants at the DW, remains the supporter’s choice to lead a local rescue.

The big question is whether he can guarantee the EFL that he is able to fund the club for two years, something the governing body wants to see before sanctioning a deal.

55 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

Farrelli yes theres a lot wrong with football and it could be us. Actually felt sorry for Bury and never really commented on them. Anybody else and id agree but Wigan fuck off hope they go bust. Only thing thats cheering me up at moment. 

Youre either on a wind up and not a Bolton fan or a sanctimonious prick btw given your 10 year bullshit prediction. In fact ive re read it no way are you a Wanderer which explains a lot

11 minutes ago, snowball said:

Farrelli yes theres a lot wrong with football and it could be us. Actually felt sorry for Bury and never really commented on them. Anybody else and id agree but Wigan fuck off hope they go bust. Only thing thats cheering me up at moment. 

Youre either on a wind up and not a Bolton fan or a sanctimonious prick btw given your 10 year bullshit prediction. In fact ive re read it no way are you a Wanderer which explains a lot

I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion.  It is ok to disagree with someone without posting that kind of nonsense.

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, snowball said:

Just looked at his profile.  A member of wanderersways since Jan 2008 means if he isn't actually a Bolton fan then this wind up is definitely a slow burner. 

1 minute ago, MickyD said:

Just looked at his profile.  A member of wanderersways since Jan 2008 means if he isn't actually a Bolton fan then this wind up is definitely a slow burner. 

Well indeed and a fan since the seventies.  Some on here cannot handle a different opinion.