Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Pie Eaters go into Administration

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, JOGLER said:

I've just been into the EE shop in the centre of Bolton and I put my BWFC face mask on as I entered. 

The guy who greeted me said  "Bolton Wanderers" with a slight edge, so I replied "well we are in the centre of Bolton". 

He then said "I'm a wigan fan". 

"Not for much longer" said I 😁

He has to work somewhere with a mobile phone infrastructure if he is a mobile phone techie, I guess.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The EFL should issue a statement to say: "We deny Wigan Athletic permission to start the season. What is more we acknowledge and apologise for the mistake of our predecessors in opening the door to th

Wigan can’t say , founder members ,they can’t say first ever goal scored, they can’t say first ever Wembley winners ,with a record crowd ,famous white horse final to boot . They can’t say top flight f

Turns out they owe £3.1415926535

3 minutes ago, true white said:

Is it me but 500k for a chippy seems a lot? Not seen it but must be some big building? You would have to sell a lot of chips to make money. Do well to sell it in these times. Karma is a wonderful thing. 

I was thinking the same but then £500k won't last long if they sell it.

They're clinging on by their fingertips and I'm curious as to the explanation from the EFL when Wigan crash and burn.

• Site Supporter
54 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Imo they haven't got a buyer anywhere near close to a deal, just a couple of  vultures sniffing around.

I think the EFL are being more than patient with them.

Might be a few meat pies left for the vultures, so not the worst place to feed. :)

1 hour ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Imo they haven't got a buyer anywhere near close to a deal, just a couple of  vultures sniffing around.

I think the EFL are being more than patient with them.

The Coronavirus situation is definitely helping them or keeping them from going pop, if it was this time last year, I'm pretty sure they would have been dealt with differently by the EFL. 

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, true white said:

Is it me but 500k for a chippy seems a lot? Not seen it but must be some big building? You would have to sell a lot of chips to make money. Do well to sell it in these times. Karma is a wonderful thing. 

Especially a chippy next to stadium that relies on match day sales...

2 hours ago, true white said:

1 minute ago, HR said:

Especially a chippy next to stadium that relies on match day sales...

It’s a fucking huge place in fairness with a sizeable car park. Weird that it’s known as the chippy as that was only for 6-12 months. It was a gym for a good few years before that. 

1 hour ago, Mr Grey said:

The Coronavirus situation is definitely helping them or keeping them from going pop, if it was this time last year, I'm pretty sure they would have been dealt with differently by the EFL. 

Agree completely 

Covid might bizarrely be their saving grace.

the EFL won’t want anymore going pop right now with at least a dozen clubs in real danger.

Covid can fuck off now.

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Think they’re as good as gone. Who’s gonna put the final knife in the back, think it’s looking like 4/6 admin 6/4 the EFL. 

Can we have a raffle?

5 hours ago, DomRepWanderer said:

Nixon saying they now HAVE to sell the chippy, as they have run out of money, get that bog flushed.

Nobody  wants the chippy. It shut down about 5 years ago  and has been available to rent with no takers. Why they think they can sell it in the current climate for half a million is mind boggling. 

5 hours ago, DomRepWanderer said:

Nixon saying they now HAVE to sell the chippy, as they have run out of money, get that bog flushed.

Ultimately they have to sell all the assets 

think what Nixon is at the moment having a bit of fun with the admins over is how they benefit from its sale 

His story stemmed from someone sending him particulars of the chippy for sale 

Imageand more importantly 

The fact that Eddisons Estate agents are owned by the admins - so potentially if they get a sale they are milking them for even more money 

1 hour ago, Big E said:

We could very well join them when people want refunds or we need next years season ticket 

Nobody in their right mind bought a Season Ticket expecting to attend a match in the near future.

6 hours ago, Cheese said:

Nobody in their right mind bought a Season Ticket expecting to attend a match in the near future.

I certainly didn’t and my purchase was on this occasion about supporting the club. 

41 minutes ago, Morizio said:

I certainly didn’t and my purchase was on this occasion about supporting the club. 

This, and anyone who can afford it and still ask for a refund, need to have a quiet word with themselves 

9 hours ago, Andy Gee said:

Nobody  wants the chippy. It shut down about 5 years ago  and has been available to rent with no takers. Why they think they can sell it in the current climate for half a million is mind boggling. 

Could the land the chippy is on be worth more than the chippy itself? Any way how long does another 500k keep the club alive for? 2-3 weeks I’d think, might as well let the corpse quietly die, in fact I think Krasner has already given up and just wants his fees. Liquidation odds 1/3. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper
8 hours ago, Cheese said:

1 hour ago, Morizio said:

I’d say a little from both to be honest. At the time that season tickets went on sale, all of the noises were about fans being in from October and everything looked rosy in the garden. There can’t have been many who were thinking it would be as far as February/March at best. That said, I’d have probably still bought one as a means of supporting the club, though admittedly whether we’d have bought all three of ours is maybe another question.

Given the pressure now being applied on the Government and any number of successful test events, I’m still hopeful it will be sooner than the doomsday predictions, so long as hospital admissions don’t increase by a huge percentage.