Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Pie Eaters go into Administration


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The EFL should issue a statement to say: "We deny Wigan Athletic permission to start the season. What is more we acknowledge and apologise for the mistake of our predecessors in opening the door to th

Wigan can’t say , founder members ,they can’t say first ever goal scored, they can’t say first ever Wembley winners ,with a record crowd ,famous white horse final to boot . They can’t say top flight f

Turns out they owe £3.1415926535

30 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Newcastle takeover off citing uncertainty over the next season etc etc. and wigan fans think they will be snapped up. 😂
 

toodle pip!

If that happens I’m leaving the U.K. forever. 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Casino said:

I'll bet there's some piemen dreaming they will move in for wigan

They'll even try to make a case for it

Fuelled by Howard the liar

Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently Wigans admins have asked for some dosh from each of the interested parties, but no-one is prepared to stump up because they don't know what division they'll be in next season (I do ,Div 1) and what debts/overheads they are likely to face..

I think it's their appeal against the 12 pts deduction tomorrow , the hearing is  expected to last all day (In reality it should last about 20 seconds)

Edited by Burndens Bogs
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Apparently admins have asked for some dosh from each of the interested parties, but no-one is prepared to stump up because they don't know what division they'll be in next season (I do ,Div 1) and what debts/overheads they are likely to face..

I think it's their appeal against the 12 pts deduction tomorrow , the hearing is  expected to last all day (In reality it should last about 20 seconds)

I cant see it lasting all day 

I still cant get my head around how the administrator can justify taking a punt on £500k legal fees in the hope of overturning established EFL rules. - If you go into Administration its an automatic deduction - end of. 

If after the 12 point deduction Wigan had finished 4th bottom none of this would be happening 

Am surprised the Inland Revenue as largest non football creditor at about £2.5 million have not challenged the administrator on spending money that could go to pay both his own fees and in part the creditors - it might be that nothing is actually substantially  in arrears thus far,  as far as HMRC are concerned 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

I cant see it lasting all day 

I still cant get my head around how the administrator can justify taking a punt on £500k legal fees in the hope of overturning established EFL rules. - If you go into Administration its an automatic deduction - end of. 

If after the 12 point deduction Wigan had finished 4th bottom none of this would be happening 

Am surprised the Inland Revenue as largest non football creditor at about £2.5 million have not challenged the administrator on spending money that could go to pay both his own fees and in part the creditors - it might be that nothing is actually substantially  in arrears thus far,  as far as HMRC are concerned 

 

 

 

 

 

 

You would assume bills were upto date relatively so only what’s accrued since admin on all fronts. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter

Admin will be paying bills from player sales.

Couple sold already but each month will get worse as the bills pile up....

including the players who aren’t getting paid.
 

Death by a thousand cuts.

Loveleh.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Tomorrow is their appeal. Do Wigan find out immediately if they're successful or do they wait several weeks like in our case when we were waiting to hear if we got any deductions for the missed games?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just can't see them winning an appeal against the EFL's own rules and another club being sent down in their place. Barnsley would go fucking mental and rightly so.

Still it's the EFL so who knows?

Link to post
Share on other sites

This QC Wigan have got representing them ( David Phillips ) , has , in a distinguished career got some highly relevant experience .. 

He chaired the regulatory commission at the disciplinary hearing against Wayne Shaw the Sutton United Keeper who ate a pie live during an FA Cup tie against Arsenal in february 2017 , to promote a betting company . 

Maciej Rybus załamany swoją sytuacją w Lyonie. 'W styczniu ...

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Steejay said:

Admin will be paying bills from player sales.

Couple sold already but each month will get worse as the bills pile up....

including the players who aren’t getting paid.
 

Death by a thousand cuts.

Loveleh.

I would have thought that potential buyers will be looking at those players as assets they could sell to recoup money. The longer those players keep getting sold to fund administration the less assets Wigan have. Then the club becomes less attractive to buyers and when they lose their appeal, you can probably count the number of potential buyers on one finger, Dave Whelan.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, Popeye doyle said:

I would have thought that potential buyers will be looking at those players as assets they could sell to recoup money. The longer those players keep getting sold to fund administration the less assets Wigan have. Then the club becomes less attractive to buyers and when they lose their appeal, you can probably count the number of potential buyers on one finger, leg. Dave Whelan.

Correct.

EFA

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Popeye doyle said:

I would have thought that potential buyers will be looking at those players as assets they could sell to recoup money. The longer those players keep getting sold to fund administration the less assets Wigan have. Then the club becomes less attractive to buyers and when they lose their appeal, you can probably count the number of potential buyers on one finger, Dave Whelan.

When/if the club was bought the need for cash would still likely be the same and player sales would likely form part of that cash flow and business plan and buying clubs know this. 

but it’s all irrelevant. They have to sell players to pay the bills and fund the admin process. 
 

the main asset in the group is the ground and land.

 

if they lose their appeal then I genuinely think they will go bust. Let’s hope so anyway 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.