Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion
RUREADY2ROLL

Pie Eaters go into Administration

Recommended Posts

26 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I’ll raise you 50p..... sold. 😂

Nobody would offer 50p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They can have the 50p I found in the garden yesterday, it's from 1980 and not legal tender any more :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ZiggyStardust said:

I have this really quesy feeling in my stomach that the -12 will be shifted to next season.

Make no difference if nobody buys them; they will be the next Bury

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ZiggyStardust said:

I have this really quesy feeling in my stomach that the -12 will be shifted to next season.

The word of the year "unprecedented"

It ain't happening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the EFL go against there own rules they would open there selfs up to counter claims  hopefully we would be top of the list for looking for compo If they did 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Farnywhite said:

If the EFL go against there own rules they would open there selfs up to counter claims  hopefully we would be top of the list for looking for compo If they did 

It's not the EFL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even without the -12 Wigan are toast now. If they stop the deduction they are still in a financial whirlpool without a wealthy new owner ... and we know from our own experience that they don't grow on trees and especially when there's a vast financial black hole to fill just to help the club survive. 

I make no apologies. Popcorn is out. Compelling viewing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who would want to invest or buy Wiggin pathTICS, shit fanbase, rubgy town, chav central and loads more clubs bigger clubs than them in the North West, hopefully they will spiral down the leagues to the level their shit support deserves. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember being pleased for them winning promotion the same time we did in 97.

 

Fuck em

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Indeed it is good viewing. It was a cuntz trick to put them in this situation in the first place. They have little, if anything, going in their favour.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

Even without the -12 Wigan are toast now. If they stop the deduction they are still in a financial whirlpool without a wealthy new owner ... and we know from our own experience that they don't grow on trees and especially when there's a vast financial black hole to fill just to help the club survive. 

I make no apologies. Popcorn is out. Compelling viewing.

It has the potential to turn into a proper soap opera 

Rather than a quick Liquidation , which to be honest I would not wish on any club , this has some entertainment value 

Ideal scenario -

12 point deduction is applied and they are relegated 

Someone scrapes together just enough money to save them from immediate Liquidation , but not enough to either  buy the ground which is sold to Wigan RL who put in a better offer , and not enough money to pay the non football creditors 25p in the pound which would mean they start next season with a further 15 point deduction 

End of next season we get promoted , they get relegated and we never play them again . 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I prefer the quicker route, liquidated and they start again in the north west counties league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

It has the potential to turn into a proper soap opera 

Rather than a quick Liquidation , which to be honest I would not wish on any club , this has some entertainment value 

Ideal scenario -

12 point deduction is applied and they are relegated 

Someone scrapes together just enough money to save them from immediate Liquidation , but not enough to either  buy the ground which is sold to Wigan RL who put in a better offer , and not enough money to pay the non football creditors 25p in the pound which would mean they start next season with a further 15 point deduction 

End of next season we get promoted , they get relegated and we never play them again . 

 

I'd not bat an eyelid at a quick liquidation ... but I'd settle for your other scenarios. 

The overall point (provided they survive) is that without a sugar daddy Bolton Wanderers are always going to be getting the better of Wigan Athletic. 

There's already been enjoyment. They never saw any of this coming and thought they were in for a prolonged period of lording it over us. Now their rather slow brains are having to adjust to a new reality.

By the way .... if they do end up relegated there's every chance of a cup match against them next season. A season which may well start for them with a scratch squad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

It has the potential to turn into a proper soap opera 

Rather than a quick Liquidation , which to be honest I would not wish on any club , this has some entertainment value 

Ideal scenario -

12 point deduction is applied and they are relegated 

Someone scrapes together just enough money to save them from immediate Liquidation , but not enough to either  buy the ground which is sold to Wigan RL who put in a better offer , and not enough money to pay the non football creditors 25p in the pound which would mean they start next season with a further 15 point deduction 

End of next season we get promoted , they get relegated and we never play them again . 

 

Sweaty Ken wants to buy Wigan?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

50 pages for a Wigan admin thread

How many did we get on their forum?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ZicoKelly said:

50 pages for a Wigan admin thread

How many did we get on their forum?

3. They are obsessed by us, all their fans were constantly talking about us for weeks. 
Most topics don’t get past 4 responses

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Biggish Dave said:

Sweaty Ken wants to buy Wigan?

Aye he's selling his his collection of Tank Tops which he has aquired from Greenwood's, Burtons and George to fund the sale.

Agent Tank Top 🧐

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ZicoKelly said:

50 pages for a Wigan admin thread

How many did we get on their forum?

They only got about 3 fans, no wonder. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Popeye doyle said:

I prefer the quicker route, liquidated and they start again in the north west counties league.

Not even NWC I want them toast. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Not even NWC I want them toast. 

I could live with that Mounts. 

I was assuming though that Wigan would follow the path Bury are treading. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Popeye doyle said:

I could live with that Mounts. 

I was assuming though that Wigan would follow the path Bury are treading. 

Hopefully. Confusion. An official team and a phoenix team. Splitters!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nixon saying admin want to slash payroll down to £6m. It’s around £19m at it’s highest a couple of weeks ago.

The turd has only just hit the water. A lot of way to sink yet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

Nixon saying admin want to slash payroll down to £6m. It’s around £19m at it’s highest a couple of weeks ago.

The turd has only just hit the water. A lot of way to sink yet

At that level of wages in league one they will maybe break even at a push once the tv money drops and ticket money etc. they really are fucked. 
 

what was our wage bill when we went into admin?

 

in fact what was it when sweaty took over probably a better comparable ?

Edited by Escobarp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.