Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The official Wigan are shit thread

RUREADY2ROLL

10 minutes ago, tomski said:

The Charlton stuff is bizarre. The bloke who has been propping the money up to keep them going wasn’t actually sold the club in the end. 

B'Jaysus! he's the kind of non owner you need on board, a gullible simpleton.

meanwhile back at Wigan there is a poster on LS who is adamant the club owe the owner £24.5 milllion. IF that is true, they're gone.

12 minutes ago, Popeye doyle said:

meanwhile back at Wigan there is a poster on LS who is adamant the club owe the owner £24.5 milllion. IF that is true, they're gone.

didn’t the old owner borrow the new owner 24.5 million to buy it from him, with interest at something like 15%. 

• Moderators
37 minutes ago, Popeye doyle said:

I mentioned it a bit back

2 hours ago, Ani said:

FV were confirmed as preferred bidders 1st July and deal was done last week of August. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48906359

Wigan have about a month to get people interested in buying the club, pay the fee to see the books , analyse the books, make a bid , become preferred bidders and then do what we did in 2 months. 
We also had people in the bid already involved in the club and prepared to put money in the club. The EFL got battered for allowing us to start the season so likely to be less flexible. 

I have no idea how they can possibly be ready for the season. 

"The EFL got battered for allowing us to start the season so likely to be less flexible." 

So, does this mean we will be partly responsible for their ultimate demise? 😊

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Ani said:

FV were confirmed as preferred bidders 1st July and deal was done last week of August. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48906359

Wigan have about a month to get people interested in buying the club, pay the fee to see the books , analyse the books, make a bid , become preferred bidders and then do what we did in 2 months. 
We also had people in the bid already involved in the club and prepared to put money in the club. The EFL got battered for allowing us to start the season so likely to be less flexible. 

I have no idea how they can possibly be ready for the season. 

Yeah but they don't have Bassini sticking his beak in

• Members
13 hours ago, Marc505 said:

I dont think they're in as much peril as Wigan are but it sounds like Charlton are in turmoil again too. This game is shagged.

Yes. Bury, (hopefully) Wigan and Charlton spell it out.

The advent of the Premier League was the death knell. I hope the greed merchants are happy with themselves.

1 hour ago, athywhite1958 said:

Allegedly an American backed consortium are set to buy Wiggin and immediately picking up the unpaid salaries if around £1million, they are looking at a deal of around £5.1.million

according to The Sun's Alan Nixon

Take some doing to get it done quickly enough to pay wages and prevent players walking for free, unless admin can sell players and cover wages until the deals done, not convinced it’ll happen, administrators have big calls to make and clock is ticking. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Take some doing to get it done quickly enough to pay wages and prevent players walking for free, unless admin can sell players and cover wages until the deals done, not convinced it’ll happen, administrators have big calls to make and clock is ticking. 

How many times did we have legit US money or Middle East money supposedly looking at doing a deal.

One thing being interested, another all together getting it done

28 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

How many times did we have legit US money or Middle East money supposedly looking at doing a deal.

One thing being interested, another all together getting it done

Was there not a Texan or summat made his money in oil who was sniffing about last time allegedly? 

plus we are forgetting the fact Nixon knows fuck all. Only people who know are begbies and I’m pretty sure, as will you be Dave, that they aren’t leaking fuck all to the sun 😂

I hope the Sun is wrong but if a mid table Championship squad is available for £5.1 million it isn't hard to see why someone might be tempted.There is a lot of cash around at the moment, cash that would normally be in the stock market and won't be going into the stock market until a vaccine has been successful.Not good news from Nixon this

7 minutes ago, tomski said:

I still don’t think it will get done. I also think mid table championship squad is being a tad generous. Certainly after it’s decimated 

Unless i've missed it, I don't think any of their first team squad have left? They sold a youth team player to Brighton and I think one to Tottenham and their manager has gone

Keifer Moore to qpr I recall? 

The players won’t be keen to move. They aint getting the same money elsewhere in the current climate. They will sit it out knowing full well they will get fully paid as football creditors. They will move when it suits them financially. Mercenaries 

19 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Keifer Moore to qpr I recall? 

The players won’t be keen to move. They aint getting the same money elsewhere in the current climate. They will sit it out knowing full well they will get fully paid as football creditors. They will move when it suits them financially. Mercenaries 

With bleary eyes I first read that as "Keith Moon to QPR"! I know there's some dead wood in their squad but I didn't know about him. Help drum up some support for a bid I suppose.

29 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

Unless i've missed it, I don't think any of their first team squad have left? They sold a youth team player to Brighton and I think one to Tottenham and their manager has gone

They will go. That’ll be the only way they’ll raise cash